Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Frozen Synapse

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released May 06, 2011

A simultaneous-turn-based tactical strategy game by Mode 7 Games.

"Real-Time" Mode

commandercup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By commandercup

Anyone else think that here should be a mode that has a really short turn timer to churn out some faster matches? I honestly hate having multiple games running and having to wait for my opponent to take their turn. I never understood the appeal of "office" games where you can play a game over a long period of time.

Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Crono

I like it. You ever play Words with Friends? It's just scrabble on iPhone or Droid, but its fun to play with your friends - checking your phone periodically to see if its your turn. I think that the appeal is stronger if you have multiple matches going on. If you only have 1 to look forward to then yeah, I can see how it would be somewhat frustrating to wait around - same goes for this game. But honestly, I like that a lot about this game because I can play the game with my friends even when our schedules don't match up.

breaking3po

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By breaking3po

The "secret" is just to start multiple games. The game is built for it. Its pretty cool in practice too. When you are wrapping up the last few rounds of one game, hopping over to do your initial round of the next.

I have about 5 games going right now.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By eccentrix

I have a couple of turns I need to submit, thanks for reminding me.

Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Boiglenoight

I understand what you mean, but I like it the way it is.  You can play your turns and then go back to your work. It's nice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.