User Lists: 0

Heavy metal is the law.

denisxcore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

But on the real, I would say punk or punk adjacent music would be my fave, followed closely by metal.

Cubecubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Punk rock in all its many variations, and then Post Punk/New Wave, and Alternative. Hip hop and Post Hardcore round out the top 5.

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm into black metal (well, nowadays only Mayhem, really) and I'm starting to get into sixties rock.

Caperfin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lately I've been liking heavy metal :P

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Hip hop easily. 90s era-esque flavors of it to be more specific.

HuckMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R&B Baby Makers

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Trip Hop. It's kind of a dated sound, but Massive Attack and Portishead will always be at the very top for me in terms of music artist.

cybertitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rock

terryfloat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In general, I listen to different genres of music. It all depends on my mood. Although the least I listen to the blues.

obese_chipmunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevinwalsh: I too started listening in the early 2000s and realized in hindsight it definitely wasn't the best era for hiphop. However I did find some rappers who were legit good like Lupe Fiasco and the LOX (Jadakiss, Styles P, Sheek Louch) and those guys carried me through high school. Years later and I'm actually going back to those same guys and listening to their new stuff, which is tight. Lupe I think had a downpoint in the early 2010s but came back with some really good stuff with Tetsuo & Youth onwards. Also going back a bit before my time and listening to some real 90s stuff with that boom bap sound i sorta missed out on (Wu-Tang, Gangstarr).

stealydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal is by far my most cherished group of guitar and drum-based music type guys, but holy hell so many metal albums sound like they were recorded in a literal garage.

The poor production has encouraged me to look further outside my comfort zone in the last decade, and it turns out there's a ton of other musical styles that are just as satisfying. My advice, assuming you want to keep the largest variety of musical taste? Don't ever invest in a good sound system. Stick to garbage-tier headphones/speakers.

(Of course, that last statement was total BS, and a decent pair of cans and amp will change your life!)

GuitarGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By GuitarGod

Overall, I'd say like 90's to 2000's posthardcore/emo/screamo/alternative heavy metal/metalcore/hard rock (think Vans Warped Tour bands ranging from Dance Gavin Dance, Hawthorne Heights to British bands like Asking Alexandria, Bullet for my Valentine)

Tough to nail it down to one flavor, as I enjoy progressive rock, grunge, goth, punk, numetal and really any band with loud guitars and complex drumming and a mix of clean and harsh singing.

Anything from :

Linkin Park, HIM, Breaking Benjamin, Alice In Chains, AFI, Avenged Sevenfold, Circa Survive, The Mars Volta, Opeth, Slipknot,The Cure, Deftones, Korn, Katatonia, The Distillers, As I Lay Dying, Coheed and Cambria, Eyes Set To Kill, Alesana, Hail The Sun, We Came As Romans, Bring Me The Horizon

Loading Video...
ajmal_korai19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ajmal_korai19

My favourite genres are generally most forms of metal, and classical tenor. I do often avoid most pop / RnB and rap music.Killswitch Engage is my favourite band - and Jesse Leach is literally my hero.

Vordus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal (thrash, death, black)

Loading Video...

thuhang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers