What Did You Get For Christmas?

• 95 results
klonecc45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I got a laptop, watch dogs, scribblenaughts (I spelled that wrong didn't I?) unlimited, and sanctum 2. But, since its only Christmas eve (well, 4:15 AM EST) I only know those. I will keep you posted! Oh and some gak (its like the flarp putty).

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I got a Samsung Smart TV--it was an early gift so I've been enjoying it for about a month now. Two workout shirts that seem pretty legit, a portable blue tooth speaker, and two cds--Gary Clark Jr. Live & Lucinda Williams' newest album.

How many other families open gifts on Christmas eve? We've always done it this way, but with the exception of when we were younger Santa would bring us our big gift to open on Christmas morning.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By SMTDante89

A very surprising amount of Nintendo stuff this year.

Games:

Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)

Bayonetta 1 and 2 (Wii U)

Super Smash Bros. (3DS)

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (3DS)

Possibly a Marth amiibo? A friend said he found my gift and ordered it, I can only assume it's this since he's been trying to hunt one down for me and has been getting all of his friends amiibo figures for Christmas.

$50 PSN Card (used to pick up the digital deluxe edition of Dragon Age: Inquisition on PS4)

$35 Nintendo eShop Credit (Used to pick up the DLC bundle for Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors)

$50 GameStop Gift Card (will likely use for a Pro Controller for the Wii U, or maybe save it for next payday and pick up the limited edition for Guilty Gear Xrd on the PS4)

Movies/TV Shows:

Guardians of the Galaxy (3D Blu-Ray combo pack) Asked for just the regular Blu-Ray, but I'll take what I can get.

Princess Mononoke (Blu-Ray)

Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-Ray) Used a $50 Amazon gift card I received to order it.

Possibly Adventure Time Season 4 on Blu-Ray? Same friend plans to pick this up for me as well

Misc. Stuff:

A Knife

A blanket

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Aetheldod

Oh Igot some cash from my godfather/godmother and my grandmother ... around 100 bucks from which probably will use 50 in buying some t shirts and a few heavy Metal comics , berserk manga or Appleseed manga... but the shop opens till the 26th ... the rest I will save for my PS4 purchase next year.

Also got 30 bucks from my brother through paypal , which I used to buy Zeno Clash , Primordia and Shadow Run Returns from the steam sale and a digital copy of a 10 vol. comic named Requiem Chevalier Vampire from the Heavy Metal magazine shop (over 500 pages of comic awesomeness).

Also my brother gave to us both my mom and I a fully payed trip to San Diego California , but we will go until March due to the cold weather being not so great on my mother.

All in all apretty good year un gifts :D

Edit: Bought 1 issue of Heavy Metal Magazine #271 , Appleseed vol 4 also 2 films .... Coraline and the Blueray of Mad Max trilogy.

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PrivodOtmenit

Pokemon Omegy Ruby

WIreless keyboard (I hate wired keyboards, they just get in the way!!)

$370 in cold hard cash

NFL fact book

Pyjamas

All kinds of chocolate

Some misc things like body lotion, deodorant, a hat and a sweatshirt from my girlfriend.

I wasn't expecting the $370 at all.

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

Assorted clothing and Bayonetta 2.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

A box of chocolates and 1oz Starbucks Cocoa Peppermint Mix.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A pair of knitted socks from my grandmother.

We skipped gifts this year as we're running a financially lean year and people expressed a wish to start skipping gifts last year, since it's a lot of adults and no kids. It's really strange to go through the motions of tradition and lift such a big part right out. It seems to put things out of balance and people don't really know how to plan accordingly.

Granted, we're going to my dad's today and he wanted to skip last year, now this year when everyone is skipping he seems to have bought some unserious gifts so maybe those socks get company by something equally exciting.

MOAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My grandmother game me $60 and my mom gave me beef jerky... I'm sort of an adult.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A nice fancy bottle of Tullamore Dew whiskey, a warm jacket and a new hat.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I got a nice warm stylish jacket.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

My girlfriend showed up at 12:01am with my present, a Corsair K70 RGB keyboard! I put it in demo mode and it's like a little self-contained Christmas lights display.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A few gift cards and some clothes. The gift cards will be spent in the most frivolous ways possible (how do you waste a Tim's card?) to offset how much of a bummer being a single adult at christmas is.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#16 fisk0  Moderator

A digital delay pedal, an Ohama CD and a box of chocolate.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Various books, A couple of gift cards, Alien Isolation, a few items of clothing and tv. It was a nice Christmas with the family.

eladren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got a msi 970, i got it for myself about a week ago but you can say is for christmas. As for gifts, none, i'm not expecting them either, we don't do christmas very much in my family/circle of friends

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

iPhone6.. upgrading from 4... now I have to pay the $40 activation fee... and buy a new case that's cheap and just as effective at protection as my old cheap 4 one... didn't even really want to upgrade lol That and Portland Timbers shirt.

But I'm still grateful! Nice to finally be upgrading! I'm never one to upgrade willingly... last time I upgraded to an iPhone 4 from my slider was only because my sis was getting rid of her iPhone4 which I got.

@eladren said:

Got a msi 970, i got it for myself about a week ago but you can say is for christmas. As for gifts, none, i'm not expecting them either, we don't do christmas very much in my family/circle of friends

Idea: have everyone buy their OWN gifts, and put them under the tree unwrapped (everyone knows their gifts), and you can still ooh and ahh at them. Plus, everyone else can take ganders at the sweet stuff you buy!

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I hate how consumerist Christmas is so I would like to get nothing. This year I almost reached that target; a t-shirt, a $25 Best Buy gift card, a pair of headphones.

Avatar image for daniel1cockerill
daniel1cockerill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A giant bomb hoodie......that's it haha

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#22  Edited By SubwayD

The haul:

Generally around useful gifts, I'd say.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I just shrugged and said books so I got books. The Silmarillion, Under The Dome, and the Game of Thrones books. My brother also got me Persona Q and an Amiibo. No, I don't own a Wii U, he thought it was an action figure of Samus until he started wrapping it.

revolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got a Chromebook, a Super Retro Trio, and a handful of SNES/Genesis games.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A book on 3D character animation, LEGO Batman 3, AC: Unity, DA:I, but my coolest gift was a pterodactyl skeleton in iron made by my dad.

klonecc45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also got a turtle beach Z22 headset, some jelly beans, twizzlers, a blanket, and some lego guys.

MannyMAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Socks. Then again I told everyone to not get me any gifts, so I still came out on top.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

More than I deserve.

dkessler175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halo MCC, Bayonetta 2, and Call of Duty AW. I already played Call of Duty so that will be going back and probably turned into either Far Cry 4 or A pro controller for Wii U.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#30  Edited By Yummylee

About £70, a box of cadbury's heroes and a pair of socks. Fine by me.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I told my dad what to get me, super warm slippers, winter mitts and a World of Ice and Fire. I don't want a lot of stuff so this is perfect.

SeanCoughing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tales from the crypt box set (my wife knows me WAY too well), The World of Ice and Fire book and a $20 steam card just in time for the holiday sale. Happy holidays duders! If you don't have any family to spend it with let's play some online games that have GB clans and spend your Christmas with your second internet family!

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I got a PS4 with Dragon Age Inquisition, the first two seasons of The Walking Dead, Band of Brothers boxset, and a few other things. My month will be filled with lots to do.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only thing game related was final fantasy x remaster for vita

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By RandomHero666

Nothing, same as every year

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Twilight Zone Blu-Ray set (which is incredible, by the way... if you're a TZ fan, you've gotta get this thing. The actual episodes themselves are maybe 40% of the content. It's crazy.)

A camera stand for my phone

The traditional (in our family) Life Savers "book"

And in January, a belated gift of the Sony PlayStation 4, which I understand is some sort of "video game" centric multimedia device.

Given how low-key (read: broke) our Xmases are, it's been fun to really treat each other this year.

BlueFalcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well... in Nov-Dec bought a house, a new Lexus, a 65" Samsung 4K tv w /wall mount, a new living room set with powered sofa and love seat. I didn't really need anything specifically for Dec 25th.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

Dragon Age Inquisition for PC........which barely runs. Go me. :|

I do have money left in these gift cards so now we play the waiting game because Steam sales are just ugh

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#39  Edited By jkz

A few bits of clothing (2 shirts, a blazer and some tie-bars) that I picked out. The usual. Works out for me

projectino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My family hasnt exchanged gifts since I was 12, but my girlfriend bought me guilty gear xrd and some stuff for my vaporizer.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got a sweater, a set of nice Perry Ellis gloves, and a Zojirushi thermos. Pretty awesome christmas. I don't ask for games anymore, since I pretty much buy myself whatever I want.

Matt_Rogan1407

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got a PS4 but I carn't play many games because of PSN outage. Still was a great Christmas.

mjk0104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A bunch of books, a new mouse, a lens filter, and a gift card to go clothes shopping, I don't really ask for games any more, unless it's just steam credit or something.

Mainwaring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Mainwaring

As far as gaming stuff goes, I was gifted Super Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U, Civilization: Beyond Earth, Titanfall, Shadow of Mordor and by what I can only assume through some deal with the devil, my mother found a Marth amiibo as well as six other kinds, so I was pretty much doing 8-player smashes with myself and seven amiibos this morning. That was neat.

I gifted Advanced Warfare to my dad and brother, and Warlords of Draenor to my sister. I'm pretty sure I'll never see them again this week.

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

COAL

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

Absolutely nothing. We don't celebrate christmas. I doubt anyone remembers how christmas originated or why it's celebrated. It's all a holiday for commerce now. I did used to celebrate christmas on elementary school, a very sober and small celebration in which everyone brought all kinds of food from their own culture and we had food stands for everybody. That was fun.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#47  Edited By Seikenfreak

Eh nothing. I didn't expect anything. I don't get people holiday gifts. Im not a holiday person. I'm more of a buy-shit-all-year-round person.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely nothing. We don't celebrate christmas. I doubt anyone remembers how christmas originated or why it's celebrated. It's all a holiday for commerce now.

Your family sounds fun.

I got a really nice new wallet, some clothes, a sizable subway gift card, an FSU poster thing, some new earphones, some other little things, and in a few minutes a great meal. Awesome Christmas.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

@flasaltine: What do you mean? We're not christians and it's not in our culture to celebrate christmas either. Still I wish everyone a happy christmas but don't treat it like a holiday in which you only get stuff.

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#50  Edited By Entreri10

Four Funko Pop figures, Two comics , 50 bucks and a kitty mug.