Your guest character pick?

• 54 results
ka385385

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So who do you want to be guest character this time? I would love to see Bloodrayne and Doom Slayer.

No Caption Provided

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Anything that fits in the universe is fine by me. I thought Kratos and The Predator were cool fits. I remember the Xenomorph being a little too man-like (which I get makes sense on some level due to Prometheus, but still...). There’s also the “is the IP holder okay with their character being horribly slaughtered and horribly slaughtering other folks” factor.

Doomslayer would be really cool. It’d be fun to see some of his kill moves translated into fatalities and brutalities. BJ from Wolfenstein would be great, too.

Is there justification to include Jackie from The Darkness? The whole gangster with guns but also a murderous tenticle demon thing would be fun.

I know we’ve seen Raam from Gear of War in Killer Instinct, but the right Gears character would be a fun fit. Cole would be a fun fit. Maybe Cait or Oscar? ...The Carmine brothers...

Guy from Splatterhouse could be a fun old school addition.

Raiden from Revengence? Maybe one of the enemies. The Senator would be hilarious.

General Sarrano from Bulletstorm?

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By nutter

The cast of The Raid or The Night Comes for Us (you can figure out the fiction, just make it happen!)

Nic Cage’s character from Mandy

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Continuing on the horror trend from 9 and 10, they really need to get Ash from Evil Dead/Army or Darkness in there, if just for playing Bruce Cambell as Ash off of Johnny Cage alone.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nutter

@panfoot: I’d be more into the older Ash vs. Evil Dead version of Ash, BUT YES!

EDIT: And, man, I never gave two shits about Johnny Cage, going all the way back to playing MK1 in the bowling alley up the hill from my childhood home...but they killed it with him in MK9. I don’t remember a ton about him as a character in MKX, but it seems like they’re leaning into him being a super capable aging goofball in MK11, which has me hoping he features well in the story.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I took a quick glance at what franchises WB owns, and I think the Barbershop license is exactly what Mortal Kombat needs. Maybe justify it by having Eve's character show up looking for whoever drank her apple juice. Sub Zero, perhaps?

Then she and Scorpion could team up! "He murdered my clan!" "So? He drank my goddamn apple juice!"

... No? Okay.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bubsy.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cikame

Mortal Kombat Legacy introduced a character called Blue in the Raiden episodes, i always thought it would be cool if she was amped up and put into the game, i imagined she'd be like a Skarlet but instead of controlling blood it would be blue goo, also not a ninja like every other woman in MK, she could be a human protégé of Raiden.

Loading Video...
Avatar image for not_a_bumblebee
not_a_bumblebee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Keeping with their horror movie trend I would love the Tall Man from the Phantasm movies, Pinhead from Hellraiser, and Candyman Candyman Candyman Candyman Candyman. I am sure it would be a licensing nightmare but I want Nether Realms to make a straight up horror movie fighting game.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Guybrush Threepwood, mighty pirate. Honestly, I'd rather have new characters, or ones inspired by sources other than horror movies. Maybe go for some kind of Cthuluian monstrosity, or maybe some bleak-ass take on the Mad Hatter. Stuff like that.

ka385385

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nutter said:

Doomslayer would be really cool. It’d be fun to see some of his kill moves translated into fatalities and brutalities. BJ from Wolfenstein would be great, too.

Is there justification to include Jackie from The Darkness? The whole gangster with guns but also a murderous tenticle demon thing would be fun.

I know we’ve seen Raam from Gear of War in Killer Instinct, but the right Gears character would be a fun fit. Cole would be a fun fit. Maybe Cait or Oscar? ...The Carmine brothers...

I think Jackie from The Darkness is cool but Top Cow hasn't do anything about him for ages, but then again I'm requesting Bloodrayne so I guess it doesn't matter.

Kait Diaz or Myrrah would be my pick if they want to put Gear of War character in it.

@shagge said:

I took a quick glance at what franchises WB owns, and I think the Barbershop license is exactly what Mortal Kombat needs. Maybe justify it by having Eve's character show up looking for whoever drank her apple juice. Sub Zero, perhaps?

Then she and Scorpion could team up! "He murdered my clan!" "So? He drank my goddamn apple juice!"

... No? Okay.

Well recently WB publish the new Tomb Raider film, I actually always want to see Lara Croft in Mortal Kombat too, though she isn't exactly perfect fit into the game.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nutter

@ka385385: My gut reaction was to be dismissive of Lara Croft, but I think that could work. Tomb Raider games tend to wind-up in some sort of mysticism. There could be an excuse for her winding up in an MK game.

Lara get brutally killed and brutally kills in turn. Netherrealm has gotten more creative with their characters and fighting, so having a scrappy Lara Croft using her pickaxe, bow and arrow, and ropes could be interesting. Play into the survivor and hunter parts of her character.

Seeing Lara Croft merc someone in a Mortal Kombat Fatality way might be jarring...maybe they involve traps, explosives, and firearms? I guess hers would have to be more creative than shocking...

Anyhow, I’d pay a few bucks for a well-designed Lara Croft in MK11.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyrax :(

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They've done Leatherface, Fredddy Kruger, and Jason Voorhees.

I don't know how well he would work considering his limited weapon set, but they need to do Michael Meyeres.

And Chucky.

ka385385

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nutter said:

@ka385385: My gut reaction was to be dismissive of Lara Croft, but I think that could work. Tomb Raider games tend to wind-up in some sort of mysticism. There could be an excuse for her winding up in an MK game.

Lara get brutally killed and brutally kills in turn. Netherrealm has gotten more creative with their characters and fighting, so having a scrappy Lara Croft using her pickaxe, bow and arrow, and ropes could be interesting. Play into the survivor and hunter parts of her character.

Seeing Lara Croft merc someone in a Mortal Kombat Fatality way might be jarring...maybe they involve traps, explosives, and firearms? I guess hers would have to be more creative than shocking...

Anyhow, I’d pay a few bucks for a well-designed Lara Croft in MK11.

As a big fan of Lara Croft I'd totally pay good money for her in Mortal Kombat as well, although I always feel like she is more of a Killer Instinct type of character. Since we don't have any character use bow and arrow for MK11 right now, maybe she will have a chance.

@barrock said:

I don't know how well he would work considering his limited weapon set, but they need to do Michael Meyeres.

I think he and Ash Williams are very obviously choice, and a bit of too obviously if you ask me, if they announce them it will literary surprise nobody.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It from It Follows

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShaggE

@barrock said:

They've done Leatherface, Fredddy Kruger, and Jason Voorhees.

And Chucky.

They could redo Freddy with the Robert Englund classic look and without the double gloves. And they got Englund in Injustice 2, so...

(I know it'll never happen, but I'd lose my shit with joy if they did that)

Chucky would be interesting since MK has never had small fighters before (Ferra doesn't count). Of course, they'd have to customize all of the animations/fatalities/etc., so that'll never happen either, but how cool would that be?

But yeah, Michael would be perfect. Or Ghostface, since he/they wouldn't look as weird jumping around as Jason did and Michael would.

Bah, I just want NRS to make a Terrordrome style game.

obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

How about Uma? The Bride from Kill Bill.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I sort of want Ciri from Witcher 3 but I'm also not sure that I'd want to see her get eviscerated via fatality.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By rorie

Hear me out: Duke Nukem. Or, alternately: Doomguy.

snarfoogle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I want the edgiest DC character, someone too violent and/or obscure for Injustice 2. Brendan Fraser's character in the new Doom Patrol show would be a strong choice. Or remember when Bane broke Batman's back in the 90s and he got replaced by Azreal? But the most on brand choice is the Bat himself, albeit from a parallel universe where Batman is the Joker.

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am putting my money on Pennywise the popularity of the first in 2017 and part two in theaters in this year, not to mention it’s a Warner Brothers movie.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spawn is like a 99.99% lock. McFarlane let it slip before the game was announced and Netherrealm and McFarlane just partnered for toys. Spawn is going to happen. I'd also say they will continue the horror trend and Pennywise will make it to coincide with Part 2 (& a WB property) later this year. Could see Doomguy as well. I'd put money on 4 MK (5 w/Shao Kahn) and 4 guests.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuuuuck, I want to see Tucker and Dale from Tucker and Dale vs. Evil.

I want to see those dudes reluctantly defend themselves and accidentally cause brutalities and fatalities.

Give me Ash vs. Evil Dead Ash, Tucker and Dale, and the Doom Marine.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

Jason Vorhees and the Predator were my two big picks, so this is just a victory lap for me.

I honestly think we're never going to get a proper, non-mobile WWE Immortals game, but those character designs and aesthetics fit PERFECTLY with MK, so any of those. Though whether or not WWE would allow them to be dismembered might be the same licensing nightmare as trying to get cars for Need for Speed games.

Beyond that, honestly: I'd love if they brought back Jason. He was a perfect tonal fit, and could easily become a recurring guest character. If we're fully pie-in-the-sky: Nic Cage's character Red from "Mandy."

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@mrhadouken: That is a pretty good guess. Considering It 2 is due to release this September, I can totally see them featuring the clown as a guest fighter when the movie is nearer.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By soulcake

I have to agree with Ben Pack here, it's time to bring Duke Nukem back, think off all the shitty taunts.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@nutter said:

The cast of The Raid or The Night Comes for Us (you can figure out the fiction, just make it happen!)

Iko Uwais would be truly inspired casting. That guy has basically carved a career out for himself and redefined a genre by bringing fatalities to Indonesian cinema. His choreography proves he understands the fine line between realistic violence and cartoonish absurdity that Mortal Kombat thrives on. I'd even trust him with designing his fatalities himself!

I've skipped the DLC characters for both 9 and XL, but I'd probably splurge for Iko.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima: Agreed on buying some sort of Iko Uwais character in a fighting game; Himself, his character

in The Raid, Headshot, The Night Comes for Us, etc.

I love Alien and like Predator 1 and 2 (for wildly different reasons), but even those characters just didn’t speak to me. I get that a more human breed of xenomorph makes sense given recent Alien films, but still...

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry for the bump, but I’m playing Metal Gear Rising to wash the taste of a bland open world game out of my mouth...

Raiden.

Zandatsu is a hell of a thing...

superjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Kung Fury. He might be too dumb for Mortal Kombat lore, but he's a damn good cop.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So...I guess IGN has a video out there claiming that eight names were on the Switch version’s disc, folks are speculating DLC.

Among them are four MK alumni, which are fine. Also, four guest characters:

- Spawn

- Terminator

- Joker (of Batman fame)

- Ash Williams

While I can’t say most of that list gets me excited, Joker could be pretty cool, and also ASHY SLASHY FUCKING WILLIAMS!!!

Man, I hope that’s right and I hope it’s middle-age Ash...

doombot13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goro Majima from the Yakuza series

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jon Snow and maybe the Night King: Game of Thrones/HBO/WB are all tied together.

It/Pennywise would be interesting.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

This thing is on Switch now, so Bayonetta could be an option.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dirk the Daring ;)

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ash Williams (voiced by Bruce Campbell) is the only character I can imagine happening that would get me excited. I don't really care about horror movie characters as a whole, and I can't think of any other video game characters that would be a good fit for the MK universe that I'd actually want to see.

jagerxbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope the Terminator rumors are true

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Double down on bringing in actors who appeared in the MK movie with Christopher Lambert as the Highlander.

misterdecosta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

The Prisoner from Dead Cells

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A minion.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I really think John Wick would be kinda awesome and hilarious and suuuper dumb.

Otherwise, hmm, a hunter from Bloodborne would be cool. Would be cool to see something bizarre like Jotaro Kujo show up.

Kalimando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#46  Edited By Kalimando

This game seems to focus on blood a lot so

-The Thing (John Carpenter) - Could be interesting move sets and transformations

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yoshimitsu from Tekken.

Jago from Killer Instinct.

Ra's Al Ghul from DC.

And I echo the call for Iko Uwais. Specifically his character from The Night Comes For Us because we have enough cops in this game already, time for some Triad enforcers.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mac from Mac and me.

The Walrus from Pingu.

The Rock as the President of the United States of America as some weird MK Lore thing.

Robocop or the toxic goo guy from Robocop.

Alex Jones why have one Sandy Hook Truther when you can get two!

Ed Boon as Ed Boon includes drunken Dave Lang Fatality

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TheRealTurk

Double down on bringing in actors who appeared in the MK movie with Christopher Lambert as the Highlander.

Only if he gets a bunch of weird in-joke dialogue when fighting Raiden.

This game seems to focus on blood a lot so

-The Thing (John Carpenter) - Could be interesting move sets and transformations

There are so many things (ha) they could do with this. Like, it's fatality involves absorbing the other character, which then becomes the Thing's base moveset for the next match. Then when another player fights you it shows up on the match screen as whatever character you absorbed until you pull some move that reveals you as the Thing during the match.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soulcake: I hate myself for this, but I’d pay the $6 or whatever for Dave Lang in MK11...