what giantbomb legend do you relate to the most? and why

• 51 results
kronixi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm goiing to name a few legends of the site who i think made this site what it is.

Jeff, Ryan, Brad, Vinny, Drew, Dan, Jason, abby, Ben, Jan, Patrick, Dave Scheneider, Austin, Alex.. I'm probably missing some

I relate to vinny the most since he has an innocent perspective on the gaming world and people in general (in my opinion) if that makes sense. He sees the good in the games industry but isnt a pushover either and likes to have a laugh. He is mischievous but playful.

Vinny was huge impact on me because he just likes to do what he does and does not apologise.

I guess i'm asking this question because ever since the big three left im just looking back at the site and trying to understand why people feel the way they do with Giantbomb.

You may relate to them all in different ways. But i just want to know peoples feelings on who they relate too the most.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

Cool Baby

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

I always related the most with Brad because of his geekiness and occasional awkwardness, but also I thought he was often the most straight-laced and - I'm going to use a loaded term here so apologies - genuine of the crew. He was the one member of the original crew that you could see as being an introvert, especially compared to Jeff and Ryan. Of course, a different Brad would come out if you put enough beers in his hand, or asked him to sing. I also have always related to Alex because he's talked about his anxiety and his ADHD, both of which I live with, plus he likes sports and knows about wrestling and we have similar taste in games. There were also some aspects in which I closely related to Ben, not in interests or game taste but just because our ages are so similar - I think I'm only a few months older than him.

A similar question would be which GB legends you least related with? Jeff would be a big one for me because his hoodlum stories and drinking exploits were something I found hilarious but completely impossible to relate to. Jan is by far the most likely of the GB crew to say something that I just straight up don't understand, because it's a reference to something I'm totally ignorant of or just because he seems to have so much of his own lingo and character, if that makes sense. And I obviously at times found it harder to relate with Abby because I'm a dude, but she was still one of my favourites.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always related to “The Legend of How Dave Snider Added 4 Letters to His Name”

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By htr10

I’ve also always related to Rorie because he’s always getting overlooked.

cubidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess Jan because he's kinda close to my age and is definitely the most hip of the crew.

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@htr10 said:

I’ve also always related to Rorie because he’s always getting overlooked.

Secret MVP.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 chaser324  Moderator

I'd say my wavelength is dialed in somewhere between Alex and Brad.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Luchadeer. We both wear a lot of masks, you know?

Look, I could have made a mounted joke, but I didn't, because I'm a classy motherfucker.

chamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan, same age group and generally shared the same taste in games.

styx971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

maybe a combo of abby and alex? being a chick who did't exactly grow up with the 'golden era' video games is a thing i mean yeah i had a genesis but the ps1 and n64 were already out and we didn't have alot of money so i still missed a crapton of older games so in those aspects plus i'm only 30 its hard to not have related to her on some level. that said to a point also alex with how talks of his mental health and such i've never really been the type to hang out with a ton of ppl and i'm bipolar but i've always been honest about my problems and hes always been pretty open it seems with his, plus i have a more realistic borderline cynical outlook on alot of life things which he also seemed to have. thats not even factoring in music tastes which i think we probably share some of.

honestly i could probably find something relatable in everyone who has been on staff to a point tho which honestly yeah really probably is one of the strengths of the site is how 'relatable' the ppl are. they're just alot of likeminded game loving individuals coming together hanging out and talking about games and frankly i think thats whats missing from alot (tho not all) of other games coverage.

ArmedBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm a man. But I relate to Abby the most because I love Sim games and I am a big Eek the Cat when it comes to scary games. Dave Lang and I couldn't make it through PT, so there's that.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meme Expert

berfunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#14  Edited By berfunkle

Ryan.

I recall from his social media posts that I was diagnosed with sleep apnea around the same time he was.

Been using that damned machine for almost 10 years now, but it saved my life so no mean feat.

bb4lake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually always related most to Patrick. As someone who was the same age with big curly hair and who became more politically and socially aware around the same time I feel like we had a similar arc.

I look up to Jeff the most. Starting with the Kane and Lynch debacle I always appreciated how he stood his ground and built an entire successful website as a response.

Vinny is who I aspire to be. The way he wears his emotions on his sleeve, really appreciates his friends and family, and is always so jovial and his such a great sense of humor.

Everyone else is great and I love them all in their own way also but those are the standouts.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sombre

Claude

The OTHER motherfucker

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Alex if he'd gotten into folk music instead of the slightly louder forms of music would probably be the best fit. I have Brad's hair though, in both long and short form in the last two years.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Vinny based solely on my love for Adventure games--particularly FMV adventure games.

NoPantsNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is like picking a favorite child. It just can't be done!

Brad, because he's just such a laid back and cool duder.
Alex, because he's a drummer and I'm a bassist.
Jeff G, because he's funny as sh*t and is a walking game encyclopedia.
Vinny because of his dad vibes.
Dan because of his insane stories.
Ryan because he sat in a cake once!
Jan, because he's just so incredibly charismatic. Love the guy. Legend in the making.
Patrick because he was at 1up and he played Dan's Mario Maker levels.
Rorie, because he just seems to be very awesome.
Jeff B, because he loves pinball.

I can't choose. It can't be done!

peffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm socially anxious, prefer to avoid human contact as much as possible, sort of "goth", love cats (though I never owned one), love music, in my mid-30's, don't want children...

Sounds closest to Alex to me.

LavenderGooms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Drew, while being a fraction of a percent as cool.

Generally quiet, but always ready to slip in a bad joke/pun at the slightest provocation is the primary reason.

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By wollywoo

Vinny because he's always so laid back and generally seems to enjoy what he's playing - and even when he doesn't, he has a good-natured attitude compared to some of the others (cough jeff) who seem overly negative at times. He always has time to screw around and try funny things in games instead of straightforwardly progressing, especially in construction or simulation games.

Abby, because like Vinny she has a general chill vibe and I really like their QLs together. She's very funny and generally positive and high-energy.

Dan because he's just... Dan. A big personality you could say. He has a kind of childlike enthusiasm about games. His QL of Breath of the Wild will always be my favorite.

Broshmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Broshmosh

Toilet bannoffee pie, and the ensuing laughter.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#24 FinalDasa  Moderator

The flea couch.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

The Legend of Chris with the white car.

Tom_Scherschel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not quite what you asked, but I aspire to be more like Vinny. His calm in the face of chaos, his investment in the well-being of those around him, his directness in dealing with things that bothered him.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@finaldasa: I can see that. The yellowish plaid, the aroma of 4 Loko... yeah.

huss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jan has been killing it lately. Best addition to the site.

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Jerimiah, the very mature Giant BeastCast guest.

Nuttism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Austin. He is really thoughtful, likes philosophy and stories, and just seems like a chill guy. He is also into strategy games and makes really convoluted similes so it's a perfect match really.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm a Dan with the demeanour of Drew.

I once asked Drew how to distinguish yourself in the workplace while being a generally quiet person and he said to be so good at what you do that nobody can ignore you.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@hizang: whoa, it's Hizang! I remember you - welcome back. #FreeHizang

MankMachinery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was really sad to see Brett go.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool Baby - I'm young, hip and have smooth skin.

Avatar image for ondskabens_flydende_vatikan
ondskabens_flydende_vatikan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I will just leave this here as my answer. It is open to interpretation.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

As far as taste in games goes: Jason and Jan, though I'm less apologetic about getting into the scantily clad side of anime.

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luchadeer

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly non of them, which is a good thing because they brought things to the site which were fresh and interesting to me, Jeff's old games, Vinny's fmv adventures, Drew's hardcore sims, Alex's hockey and drumming, i enjoyed Brad's coverage of SC2 and Dota despite not liking those games.
I share Vinny's love for RE5 and Binary Domain and Jeff's support of emulation, but i have a more nihilistic position when it comes to topics discussed on the podcasts, i'm usually annoyed that what i feel is an obvious feeling isn't shared by anyone on the crew.

Amingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jan because we look alike.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't pick one. Originally I thought Alex but I've not got the rhythm for it.

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me I don't think it's a single person. However, whenever Austin and Alex would talk it reminded me of the way my friend group talks, same with Ben and Jan. Also, the shenanigans Ben and Jan together had were extremely relatable. Ben's Lens is incredible content, I'll fight anyone that claims otherwise.

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Dragon_Puncher

I'm probably closest to Patrick, but I'm aspiring to become a Vinny. He continues to be an inspiration on how to just handle yourself in a work environment and make people feel good around you.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

I have no idea how close Jeff and I are to being similar in regular life, but there are countless times where he's mentioned something random that I completely identify with. And I'm not talking about remembering some TV show or album or whatever, I mean specifically one line said in one video game or a throwaway event from the early 90s that next to no one even remembers. It's weird as shit.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jan is probably closest for me right now. He's more in my age range and generally seems to enjoy styles of games that I like but don't get a lot of from the other guys. Never expected so much Pokemon representation to ever be on the site til Jan showed up.

I do also miss having Dave and Austin around as I felt they brought RPG representation to the table as well.

Temg99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personality? I'm very much Vinny in the humble humour, openness about myself, reveling in nostalgia.

For games I like? Very much Jeff. We seem to align on a lot of games. I am not as into fighting games as he is and I am more into RTS games. But in general, if he likes a game, it's a good chance I will too.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#46  Edited By Tom_omb

I'd say I have a similar positive attitude to Vinny, Dan and Drew.

I'm quiet like Drew most of the time. He also has this great way of coming out of nowhere with the perfect joke. I'm like that with my friends, but not at his level.

My taste in games is similar to Dan and Vinny. Like Dan my core is Nintendo jelly filled. I revere Mario and Zelda above all other games (I can't say the same for MGS). I also identify with Vinny's love for point and click adventure games and funny, quirky indy games with personality.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Definitely Brad. Seriously, ask me anything about anime

jsmith79327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan because he liked Tropical Freeze

burritocreases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always felt Jeff G. and Austin were the ones I related to the most from similar perspectives on games and life to humor and of course Hip Hop appreciation and references (*Ice Cube adlib*) .

masterofchaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50  Edited By masterofchaz

Probably Alex, just because his Simpsons quote game is strong, which can only come from watching copious Simpsons during childhood and teenage years. Also I think we both have a strong affiliation for the actor Paul Giamatti.

Austin for being academic about video games - because this shit matters!

I would also say, aspirationally I would want to relate most to Vinny because I want to be more like Vinny. The coolest dude of all.