So, video games?

• 54 results
Roomrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

In this rough week, has anyone been playing some random games to take a moment to breathe; or has this been a "nah, fuck video games" kind of a week for you?

Two games have been sitting in my drawer wrapped forever, and this seemed like the best week to finally start them. Katamari Forever (old, I know), and Paper Mario: Sticker Star. I thought they'd be good choices for this week.

Katamari took me out of the funk a bit, but put me right into another with all the mean remarks from The King. Man, that dude is such a shitbag.

Sticker Star though, is even more fun and charming than I expected. It's actually helped take my mind off things for a few moments.

What I really wanted to do though was download Super Mario Bros 3 on 3DS. Not on the VC there yet, unfortunately.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Lots of minecraft wile listening to old bombcasts...like...LOTS...like...I have an area mined out that wont all load on the 360 version.

ManlyBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Been playing hotline miami and a little fear 1. STEAM SALE

Trying to not come to giantbomb because its too depressing. Only thing that is going to make things better is when the boys return but that could be a while.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Played some Mass Effect multiplayer and like an hour of Persona 4 Golden, but that's it.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Played some Tekken Tag 2 with @smokeyd123 , played some Saints Row 3 um...what else oh some Hotline Miami today and just now some Counterstrike:GO that I picked up on Steam Sale. Yeah, the first day I was super bummed but you can't stay glum forever. It does you no good. Better to get out there and enjoy life!

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Animal crossing, but mostly watching old videos. Tried to buy Hotline Miami, but it crapped out on me and told me to contact Steam Support.

I should finish Saints Row

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I've been playing Dark Souls and Fire Emblem. They've helped to take my mind off of other things. I'll probably continue my recent play through of A link to the Past at some point as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Tried to, but mostly I've been watchin Ryan stuff here and on youtube. Steam sale is a nice distraction now.

figurehead00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually went back to Skyrim after a long time and listening to old Bombcasts. I just started at the beginning. I miss drink reviews.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

it's been definitely a "fuck video games" week for me. I've spent more of my free time on here than normal.

Finally started Mirror's Edge last night though, first game I've played in maybe 7-8 days.

HubrisRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've not played a whole lot, but watched about 10 hours of people playing Fortune Street online. If I had a wii remote lying around somewher eI'd buy that in a heartbeat.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_laughing_man: basically what I'm doing, loads of minecraft. Those blocks won't craft themselves.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I basically wrapped up Rogue Legacy (it's awesome) and I'm about 80% through Dust: An Elysian Tail (also pretty good). After Dust, I'm not sure, but it's probably going to be something I buy from the Steam sale.

Shepuisat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing the Dota 2 tutorial while listening to old Bombcasts. Bugger me, I'm way worse than Brad.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've been playing Chrono Trigger on DS and enjoying it throroughly. I played through Red Faction 1 before I heard the news, then I tried playing Red Faction 2, but the combination of grieving and taking painkillers due to wisdom teeth removal, I haven't really been energetic enough to play a lot of games. I did purchase Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, Cave Story + and Rogue Legacy on steam, and will probably be playing those next week. If I can find someone to trade me some cash for a $30 Macy's gift card, I also want to get Tomb Raider and FTL on steam.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Playing A Link to the Past for the first time. Well, I had it as a kid, buy my 7-year-old self never even made it to the Master Sword. I'm finding it much easier to wrap my adult mind around it, but I'm currently stuck wandering around this dungeon when I got the 2nd tier power gauntlets, there's a maiden following me around asking me to "take her outside." She won't go near the light though, so I suspect she's Blind the Theif in discuise. I'm not sure what the hell to do with her, I've wandered through every room of the dungeon and I'm not sure there's anything left. They're feeding me crap tons of bombs, and there are lots of cracked tiles on the top floor, but the bombs do nothing. I think it has something to do with breaking the floor so a sunshaft reaches into the lower floor into the room marked with a skull (which is currently empty), but for the life of me I can't figure out how to break the floor. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, and I'll hate myself when I finally stumble upon it. Nobody tell me, I refuse to use a guide.

...so, yeah. Video Games at their finest..

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mrfluke

kinda trying to break my attachment to GB a bit, as watching the backlog bums me the hell out.

playing XCOM.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

playing Metroid on an NES I found cheap.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#19  Edited By DarthOrange

Battle Royale mostly, along with a little bit of Killzone 2 and Umbrella Chronicles.

ZombieKitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have been playing Divinity 2....... Oh so clunky.... but oh so fabulous.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Max Payne 3 on 360 DONE, Persona 4 Golden in progress.

allgrinzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saints Row 3, starting from scratch with a Ryan Davis Avatar, going to finish all the challenges and then take him to Saints Row 4. Cheesy, but it makes me feel a little bit better I guess.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A random mix of Cube World, Skyrim (probably tied in playtime for the week), Magicka and Half Life 2. Decided to kick my annual HL2 run off this week. But then the sale happened and now I have the Borderlands 2 Season Pass and Endless Space Gold.

Also going to find the Cards Against Humanity TNT tomorrow.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

Since I was already playing through every single Legacy of Kain game at the start of the week I just finished the last one today. Now I'll start up Dust: An Elysian Tail since I've had it for a while but never got around to it.

tread311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By tread311

In the last week I have finished Fire Emblem, Dark Souls, and Nier. No clue what to play next though my available game time is about to decline greatly.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Far less than I wish I had. Man, I feel like I've spent most of the week on forums. And those weeks are never good.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing a shitload of the Witcher 2. Like ALOT. 2 playthroughs in the last like 2 weeks. Did both paths.

Really great game.

xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Weirdly, I picked up Resonance of Fate for the PS3 and I've been messing with that. Having a JRPG to focus on was nice when the news broke. But I keep trucking on AC:NL, just bought Sang-Froid, Scribblenauts Unlimited and Endless Space on Steam, keeping an eye out for Rogue Legacy to hit a flash sale and seeing what else I can pick up.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played a little bit of pokemon showdown, played quite a bit of minecraft. I usually play minecraft as something to do while listening to the bombcast if I am not working or walking somewhere. Yeah not much this week, between the news and my summer composition class, I can't really play much video games. I didn't do any writing on monday or teusday though. I'm glad all I had to do was an essay revision this week, and that I didn't have a whole lot to revise about it.

bigevil1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Picked up a copy of Syndicate and Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise. Wanted to drown my sorrows in some cyber future badassery and adorable inbred pinata creatures.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Aetheldod

Been playing a lot of The Banner Saga Factions while seeing stuff in here and on youtube. (War documentaries for that matter :/ )

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Really just been playing Last Of Us multiplayer. But I just bought Bastion for $2.24 on Steam so I'm gonna play that soon (beat it twice on 360 when it first came out)

Elwoodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just ended up with FF13-2 and Dragon's Dogma, probably not a good idea to play them simultaneously but I have more free time than common sense.

clumsyninja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34  Edited By clumsyninja1

Playing the Last of Us this week (trying anyway) but with Ryan's news is been kinda of INTENSE. Also, add that the Walking Dead.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I've been playing FF7 (steam version) in hour sprints on and off this week. Kinda hard to kept my mind focused for anything longer.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I've been playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf when I've had time. Today was a good day. I paid off the museum expansion, the Nooks' shop upgraded to a supermarket, and the hair salon opened. That game is the perfect way to relax.

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mostly Fire Emblem Awakening, it's good to have something that you can't play while thinking about other things.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Been mostly like, fuck video games. But i've been staying with friends in hostel since that day so as to have some company, and been playing lots of FIFA 13 with them.

Hate that game and I keep yelling, along with laughing at the stupidity of the game with my friends. That helps

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#39  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I'm playing through Resident Evil 6, and the biggest surprise for me is that I don't hate it (Do I think it's a well-made video game? Probably not). I'm not sure if it's me putting the quality of games into perspective when compared to the loss of human life, or that I'm far more forgiving of anything with the Resident Evil name than I should be. Either way, a welcome distraction from reality.

Avatar image for ghost_of_perdition
Ghost_of_Perdition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a sealed copy of MGS: The Legacy Collection sitting on a pile of other games, and I downloaded Hotline Miami for the PS3. Have not touched either.

I've spent most of my time playing my guitar.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Project X Zone has been just the right kind of ridiculous to take the edge off the past few days.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

we are having a spell of nice weather in the UK so i've been outside enjoying that this last few weeks. lots of cycling and beer gardens with friends.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By thatdutchguy

i've been playing Animal crossing, The last of us single and multi, SSX,Gta 4 online.

And for some weird reason i started watching this shit :

Loading Video...

Kierkegaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Playing the Last of Us this week (trying anyway) but with Ryan's news is been kinda of INTENSE. Also, add that the Walking Dead.

Ha, this was my plan before the news. Decided that death and dismay, usually a nice change of pace from my not-so-intense life, are not the best ways to sooth my mind right now. It sucks since I still haven't finished the LoU single player, but it can wait.

So I've been plowing through Skyrim's Thieves and Dark Brotherhood questlines, finished Sound Shapes, played more Demon's Souls (which is engaging until it is maddening), and started a new save on Red Faction: Guerilla.

The latter was really soothing for some reason. Methodically destroying a regime's property on casual difficulty is exactly what my brain needed.

Also bought Lego Pirates of the Carribean on PSN, which I think I'll play through with my S.O. for some light, fun goodness.

Games help me cope for sure.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I started up again following the Steam sale (thought I'd pour one out with some Hotline Miami and Civ V), but I've mostly just been watching old Ryan stuff. I'd never seen the Fortune Street TNT before, that thing is glorious.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lots of Rouge Legacy, and a bit of the new Civ 5 expansion. Enjoying both so far.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#47  Edited By wrecks

Playing through some previous hits again this week. SRIII & Burnout Paradise. Nice and distracting.

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Similar to what was seen in the Mailbag, Cube World has recently consumed my off hours.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#49 fisk0  Moderator

I haven't played much this week either. I guess I've mostly watched episodes of Babylon 5 since the news broke.

sku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blew through NiGHTS into dreams in a single night; just bought MK9, Toki Tori 2+ and the Portal games on Steam; just got my Sega Genesis and Revenge of Shinobi so I'm probably gonna work on those a bit at a time.

I've been watching old TNTs too, mostly the fighting game ones (MK, SF, etc), and old Unprofessional Fridays. It's a great way to remember Ryan in my opinion.