Does anyone still book time off work for a game release?

• 52 results
xpsync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Last time i did that was Mists of Pandaria, was mostly to suprise the chit outta my younger ones, at breakfast sorry boys you're not going to school today. The puzzled expression as they look at each other like why? Yeah i'm sorry we have to stay home for the launch of MoP. What a day!!!!

UltimAXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Maybe paid time off is rare or something but I'm not quite sure that I understand the people who think that booking time off of work to play a video game is some immature and/or irresponsible thing to do.

At my job, we earn a ton of leave and I, personally, make it a point to take a 3-day weekend once a month. On top of that, I have booked time off of work for three games, although, two of them were by accident: Breath of the Wild, Kingdom Hearts 3, and Final Fantasy 7 Remake. BotW's release date changed and fell onto a week-long break that I had already scheduled months in advance; Kingdom Hearts 3 was sort of the same situation; FF7R was intentional, but I had to cancel and request a new week off when its release date got changed. All three times were fun as fuck and I'd do it all over again.

Worse case scenario when a monkey wrench gets thrown into the mix is that I'm . . . not at work, which is also rad.

NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

No, I have never dedicated time off for a game. Well, apart from the day after I got my Series X, I should have been off, but was offered work the night before, which I declined. I’ve not ended up playing much that day anyway, spent the day with the kids.