• 66 results
Avatar image for holdontoyourasses
HoldOnToYourAsses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Lets start this off with ergonomy shall we?

Ergonomy

By this,i don't also mean the quality of the buttons,but just how the controller feels like in your hand. They're both pretty much the same size,and ergonomy. However the 360 controller is sorta kinda better,due to the trigger buttons having dents in them and for that reason you have a place to put your finger on,and chances are,you aren't going to accidentally press the trigger,while with the PS3 controller,that will happen 100%!

Winner:360 Controller

Button Quality

Well,they both have pretty much the same quality of buttons,with one exception. Yes,the very thing that has played the 360 from the beginning-its god awful d-pad! I just can't begin to describe how much it sucks! Fighting games are extremely difficult to play on it,not unplayable,but hard as hell! Also,the PS3's buttons have more of a grip to them!

Winner:DualShock3

Button placement

There isn't much philosophy here-the 360 wins due to the analog stick being placed on top of the d-pad,and it makes playing FPS and such games much easier!

Winner:360 controller

And now for the final category....

Looks

Well,while the DualShock 3 is definitely more sleek,there is also a lot of colors you can get the 360 controller in. Still,the DualShock 3 looks next-gen,and is the definite  winner in this category

Winner:PS3

Hmmm...First the 360 won,then the PS3,then 360 and now PS3.....

TIE-BREAKER!

So,what is it? Their practicality! I guess the PS3 is sorta better,since its smaller,lighter and all models are wireless and not just some...

So i guess the DualShock 3 wins! Keep in mind its only my opinion!
HoldOnToYourAsses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By HoldOnToYourAsses

Lets start this off with ergonomy shall we?

Ergonomy

By this,i don't also mean the quality of the buttons,but just how the controller feels like in your hand. They're both pretty much the same size,and ergonomy. However the 360 controller is sorta kinda better,due to the trigger buttons having dents in them and for that reason you have a place to put your finger on,and chances are,you aren't going to accidentally press the trigger,while with the PS3 controller,that will happen 100%!

Winner:360 Controller

Button Quality

Well,they both have pretty much the same quality of buttons,with one exception. Yes,the very thing that has played the 360 from the beginning-its god awful d-pad! I just can't begin to describe how much it sucks! Fighting games are extremely difficult to play on it,not unplayable,but hard as hell! Also,the PS3's buttons have more of a grip to them!

Winner:DualShock3

Button placement

There isn't much philosophy here-the 360 wins due to the analog stick being placed on top of the d-pad,and it makes playing FPS and such games much easier!

Winner:360 controller

And now for the final category....

Looks

Well,while the DualShock 3 is definitely more sleek,there is also a lot of colors you can get the 360 controller in. Still,the DualShock 3 looks next-gen,and is the definite  winner in this category

Winner:PS3

Hmmm...First the 360 won,then the PS3,then 360 and now PS3.....

TIE-BREAKER!

So,what is it? Their practicality! I guess the PS3 is sorta better,since its smaller,lighter and all models are wireless and not just some...

So i guess the DualShock 3 wins! Keep in mind its only my opinion!
XxBarretxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By XxBarretxX

the 360 remote is vastly greater because it is bigger durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Avatar image for christiancastillo
ChristianCastillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ChristianCastillo

PS3 wins considering the controller doesn't require batteries for it to work.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Jeffsekai
@ChristianCastillo said:
" PS3 win considering the controller doesn't require batteries for it to work. "
So, what its run on?????
Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Vorbis

So how long before "Move controller vs YOU ARE THE CONTROLLER" threads?

Terry_Bogard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Terry_Bogard

I think the PS3 controller looks like garbage.. Such an ugly and outdated design.  Next-gen? yeah.. no.

Terry_Bogard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Terry_Bogard
@Jeffsekai: Gasoline.
HoldOnToYourAsses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HoldOnToYourAsses
@XxBarretxX: No need to be assholes
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CL60

360 controller feels more natural in the hands. So that wins for me.

HoldOnToYourAsses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CL60: The 360 controller is really good!
Reuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Reuben

I still prefer the 360 controller but would really love if they made a hybrid and made one that has the best of both.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By uniform

I prefer a mouse and keyboard for shooters, so neither helps me in those situations. I cannot use analog nubs to aim. I try, but I just can't do it. When it comes to Fighting games, I prefer a D-pad. Playing Street Fighter IV with the 360 controller was one of the most frustrating game experiences I've had in a while. That aside, I have no preference.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Devil240Z

I will say this here as I have said it many times. I have been using a dual shock controller for three generations of consoles. and I like it the way it is. 

HoldOnToYourAsses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uniform: I agree with the keyboard and mouse configuration ;)
Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

As I say whenever this topic comes up, I think it's easier to use an analog stick where it is on the PS3 than it is to use a D-Pad where it is on the 360. That is to say, of course the 360's D-Pad sucks, but it's also in a hard to use location. Because of the way I use my thumb on a D-Pad, reaching for it is awkward. I had the same problem with the Gamecube controller. It's also easier to reach for the analog sticks because they stick up a bit from the controller face.

I play lots of 2d games, so D-Pad placement and quality is extremely important to me. Using analog control for 2d usually works terribly; If you can beat Mega Man 9 on a 360 pad you're a greater man than I.

However, the PS3 R2/L2 triggers suck.

HoldOnToYourAsses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SuperfluousMoniker: 100% agreed :)
XxBarretxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By XxBarretxX
@HoldOnToYourAsses: 

actually I really liked your post, you did a good job of explaining
HoldOnToYourAsses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@XxBarretxX: Then why are you an asshole?! I'm looking at you....

O    O
    I
____
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Afroman269

These arguments are pointless since it's all subjective. I just prefer the 360 controller because it works well for shooters.

XxBarretxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By XxBarretxX
@HoldOnToYourAsses: I was being sarcastic (doesn't translate well over the internet)
Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21  Edited By Seppli

Playstation 3 Dualshock 3 thumbsticks are way more responsive and precise than any 360 gamepad. As a FPS gamer, that's all it takes to take the cake.

PS3 pad overall winner.

Wasara88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Wasara88

I agree whats being said here. The dualshock has better D-pad,but imo the 360 controller has better triggers and bumbers and the analog stick placement is better too. I play alot of FPS and action games and hence prefer the 360 controller,but by no means have any difficulty pulling a headshot with the dualshock. And i really hate the convex sticks on dualshock.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By animateria
@Jeffsekai said:
" @ChristianCastillo said:
" PS3 win considering the controller doesn't require batteries for it to work. "
So, what its run on????? "
Magic, duh.
OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By OldGuy

I continue to be confused when people call the directional buttons on a PS3 controller a d-pad. Is it a pad? NO, it's four individual buttons. Ergo (Oooh, Latin!) it's going to have more precision than a actual rocker pad - yes, even the vaunted Nintendo controllers (though those are better than a round pad since the cross prevents some of the tangential movement that screws things up).

I seem to remember from a Bombcast that Nintendo has a patent on the + D-Pad, does anyone know if Sony has a patent on separate directional buttons?

NickLott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#25  Edited By NickLott

My ideal controller would be the 360 gamepad with the ps3's d-pad and face button styles (while keeping the colored xyab of the 360) and the R1L1 size on the RBLB.  

That is my Frankenstien.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By xyzygy

So you're saying that the tie breaker is basically the other categories over again? That doesn't make any sense. A controller being smaller and lighter fits under the shape and ergonomics of the controller, a category which you said the 360 controller is better in. Also, you can get wired AND wireless 360 controllers which can be used seamlessly and officially with most PC games. It's better to have variety. 

And, when your PS3 controller's internal battery dies you need to buy a new one. With a 360 Wireless controller you can get packs where you just swap them out on a charging station, or use batteries, namely rechargeable ones. I've been using the same rechargeable Energizer batteries for well over 2 years.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CaptainObvious

I have big hands and PS3 pad is too small for me.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By sopranosfan

To me the 360 controller is the only thing that I prefer over my PS3. 

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Scullinator

The D-pad on the 360 controller is bad but I can honestly say I hardly ever use it.  Most games, like fighters allow you to switch between both, and though I would prefer D-pad the analog stick works fine.   I do find myself using it a lot in the dashboard menus and im constantly hitting to the left or the right and getting an up or down as a result.

I cant believe only one other person from what I have read has mentioned the Triggers on the PS3 stick SUCK.  really really bad.  and you use those all the time.  From Driving games to Shooters my fingers always start to hurt after a session.   

Sure the PS3 controller has not changed in many years.. but do you forget the E3 where they showed the bomerang controller?  I think that scared Sony from every trying to change it.  I cant believe so many of you are saying the PS3 controller is better.  You mean the controller that didnt need rumble, until they pulled their head out of their asses and see that it did.

Hands down, 360 controller winner.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30  Edited By mosdl

I must be in the minority where I like the ps3's bumpers more than the 360's.

Of course nothing beats a mouse and keyboard!

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ViciousReiven

I never understood what peoples problem with the 360 D-pad is, it works fine. 
Hell I can even do fighting game moves easier with it than on a Playstation style D-pad. 

The only thing I don't like is the bumpers, I wish they had those springy-like buttons instead of clicky ones, that's it. 

Also utterly despise keyboard and mice for gaming, especially in shooters.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By animateria

I want a hybrid of both...

A PS3 controller with 360 gun triggers and maybe lower analog sticks.

A 360 controller with a PS3 D-pad and face buttons.

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheCreamFilling

I don't play fighting games, so I have no problem with the 360's D-pad, quite convenient that I can go up, down and right just with the left side of it, very easy and fast to switch weapons in Gears of War. I prefer the 360 pad because it's comfortable, the PS3's controller hurts my fingers holding it on the bottom.  

But, how can the PS3 controller look more "next-gen" if it looks just like the PSOne and PS2 controller?

Arestice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34  Edited By Arestice

I prefer my third party controllers, not only are they shaped completely different, they last forever and work well. Cheers Pelican.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#35  Edited By zidd

if the dualshock 3 had real convex triggers like the 360 pad it would be the best controller ever. Stick on plastic things are a poor substitute

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Coombs

So 360 won for
Best feel & Best layout

And PS3 won for
Button "quality" & Looks

So PS3 wins?

Okay, Are you also on the Graphics side of the  Graphics < Gameplay  debate?

Edit:
To be clear I'm not saying the 360 controller is "better" because it's all about opinion.
But based on the OPs breakdown of the controllers, He prefers the function of the 360 but the form of the PS3,
Yet gave the "win" to the PS3.....    

HoldOnToYourAsses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Coombs: Next time,read the whole post....
Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Pazy

Personally I think the 360 pad is better in every way for me. I cant stand the triggers on the PS3 pad, the stick placement and the relatively looseness of the sticks (compared to 360). I dont mind using the PS3 pad when I have to but if the converter was cheaper I would totally use the 360 pad when I play PS3 games.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By habster3

I've never really used a 360 controller, but it looks like a great controller. However, I've been with Sony since the PS1 so I like the only slightly-changing controller.

ClaritySam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ClaritySam

I seem to be able to use the 360 controller much more effectively.  All I know is I average 25 kills a round on MW2 on the Xbox, and about 8 a round on ps3.  Which is why I never play my Playstation lol

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#41  Edited By GunstarRed

Buttons on both my sixaxis and Dualshock 3 have both jammed or gone a little sticky and the triggers are junk and I hardly ever use the damn PS3 on the other hand Not once has a button on my 360 ever gone wrong  .. I dont even think the D-pad on the PS3 is as good as people make out, it's 10 times better than the 360 but still leaves your thumb sore as hell if youre playing a fighting game. 

The PS3 sticks are too loose. Years ago when I was 100% sony and would only play the PS2 I would have sworn that was the only controller design ever worth a damn but the 360 one is so comfortable and natural to hold. I guess it's all personal taste really. I love the hell out of the 360 controller, it's possibly my favourite controller ever.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Ineedaname

Why do you say because the 360 one provides a wired option it's therefore worse?

Stupid argument is stupid.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AuthenticM

I prefer the DualShock.

TwistedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TwistedGamer

i like both controllers, but i play my ps3 more, so ill go with that :p

Spence_5060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Spence_5060

I just like the feel of the 360 controller to me. Also, I don't really like the feel of the dualshock's triggers all that much.

Tally_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Tally_Pants

I like using both. But the PS3 I prefer just because it doesnt' require two AA batteries (thats what makes the xbox heavier and i hate recharging them)
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#47  Edited By TheHBK

PS3 does not look next gen when the controller has been out for the last 15 years. 

360 feels better, button presses feel more secure.  D-pad sucks but I am not a fan of the D-buttons the PS3 uses.  The idea d-pad is found on the Sega Saturn controller or the SNES.  I think lack of internal battery pack hurt the 360 controller big time and is annoyance.
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Coombs
@marioncobretti said:
" Buttons on both my sixaxis and Dualshock 3 have both jammed or gone a little sticky and the triggers are junk and I hardly ever use the damn PS3 on the other hand Not once has a button on my 360 ever gone wrong  .. I dont even think the D-pad on the PS3 is as good as people make out, it's 10 times better than the 360 but still leaves your thumb sore as hell if youre playing a fighting game.  The PS3 sticks are too loose. Years ago when I was 100% sony and would only play the PS2 I would have sworn that was the only controller design ever worth a damn but the 360 one is so comfortable and natural to hold. I guess it's all personal taste really. I love the hell out of the 360 controller, it's possibly my favourite controller ever. "
@Ineedaname said:
" Why do you say because the 360 one provides a wired option it's therefore worse?  Stupid argument is stupid. "
Bam there goes one of you main points and your tie breaker
apoptosis61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By apoptosis61

playstation controller is soooooo 1996

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By AlwaysAngry

I like whichever controller I'm holding at the time. I played MW2 on my Xbox 360 for a while, got used to the controller, and then my PS3 controller felt really bad. I've had Red Dead Redemption on my PS3 for a few days now, and holding the Xbox 360 controller feels weird now. 

They're basically the same feel because your hands will get used to both of them if you don't just put it down and say "omg dis controler iz gay like the ps3 xbox own"