• 61 results
chaz934

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By chaz934

What did everyone pick up this year? As far as games I got Assassin's Creed Origins, South Park The Fractured But Whole, Yakuza Kiwami, and Dishonored Death of the Outsider. Movies wise I got Wonder Woman, Spiderman Homecoming, John Wick Chp. 2, and Arrival.

How about everyone else?

wonderva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I bought a 4K monitor (not explicitly for gaming) and a STEAM link.

No game purchases (yet)

chaz934

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wonderva: I don't own a gaming PC and I almost bought that Steam Link. Just cause it was only 5 bucks.

chaz934

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingbonesaw: I did all of my shopping from the couch this year (Amazon and PSN). But I went about town today and it seemed considerably less busy than last year.

Toastburner_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

Well I work retail, so I've been there for 18.5 of the last 28 or so hours, so my Black Friday haul thus far is tired feet and a sore back.

Before today, I took advantage of the Xbox sale, and picked up a few games there (Prey, Rocket League, XCOM 2, Dark Souls 2, and Halo Wars), and got a digital copy of Valkyria Chronicles Remastered from Amazon pretty cheap.

chaz934

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Virginia $1

Dishonored 2 $15 (PS4)

Persona 5 $25 (PS4)

azulot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By azulot

Games: Nier Automata

Movies: Spiderman Homecoming, Wonder Woman, Baby Driver, Get Out (All $10 or less)

Stuff: 23 and Me DNA & Ancestry test

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I got were some games from the XBL sale

• Wolfenstein 2
  • Agents of Mayhem
  • Doom
  • What Remains of Edith Finch
  • Shadow of War
  • Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Phrentrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked up the Blue Yeti microphone that came with Assassin's Creed: Origins from Amazon. I've wanted to start streaming for a while and saw this as the perfect opportunity to jump in.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

My haul was sleeping in and chilling at home. I marathoned the first season of The Good Place it's a cute show. Sadly I got to save my money because I'm getting ready to move next month.

skyline7284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

I picked up a sweet Giant Bomb Premium Membership....

Also Horizon and Watch_Dogs2.

Avatar image for renegadedoppelganger
RenegadeDoppelganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought Nier because I heard it was a good video game that lots of people are going to be talking how important it is very soon. I also bought a Rock Band 4 plastic guitar because Clone Hero is a thing I'm into now.

applegong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By applegong

I got Graviteam Operation Star and Men of War Assault Squad 2

Eastern front here I come.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By nicksmi56

I got Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for my Switch for $20! A little digging told me that the Switch version has the story modes of both 1 and 2 in it, so it was a steal for that price ^_^

Also know for a fact I'm getting Mario+Rabbids for Christmas from my mother thanks to it being 50% off at Walmart, so booyah for that as well!

Gave my sister a choice of films for a Christmas gift. The ones on the list were Spider-Man: Homecoming, LOGAN, LEGO Batman, and the original Alien. If I had to guess which she picked, I'd say Spidey and LOGAN, which would be just fine.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#17  Edited By MightyDuck

Pretty psyched!

• Horizon Zero Dawn $20
  • Injustice 2 $20
  • Sniper Elite 4 $20
  • Cities: Skylines $20

Also picked up a PS Plus year card for $40...and one of those fancy new army camo style dual shocks for $40.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Video games: Wolfie's Collosus 2, Crashed nsane, Fractured butwhole, raymond's origin for switch, I'm Setsuna, Ratchet's clank, God's war 3rd, Batman tell a tale for switch Kingdom's hearts 1.54323 and 2.4356, and 1-2-DragonGrandpa.

Movies: Guardian's in galaxes 2, Dark towers (I know it's bad, but it's cheap and I still want to see it), Lego's Batman, Spiderman at his Homecoming dance, Fantastic Beasts; where to find them? and finally Wonder Woman.

That's all the stuff I bought myself. I also got a few gifts for family and such.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bybeach

I got Horizon and Assassin Creed; Origins for the PlayStation 4 (pro). I also bought Observer for the Autumn Steam sale.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bought skyrim on ps4 for 15 bucks. I've never played it before, so I'm hoping it lives up to the hype! Is there any lore stuff I should know about before playing it, or does it do a good job of introducing that stuff to new players?

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice ($15)

Nier Automata ($36)

SHARP 4K 55 inch TV ($320)

Real lucky I got that new TV

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I'm about to list everything out and feel bad about how much I spent, so here goes: Nier, Wolf 2, Xbone S, Watch Dogs 2 (came free with the xbox), Zodiac on baby blu, Logan on 4k, Moto Z2 Play (smartphone) and a case for said phone.

I'm wavering on keeping the Xbone. I didn't intend on buying a new phone but I broke the screen to my iPone like 2 weeks ago and it's been bugging me quite a bit. Then on Thanksgiving I was talking with my dad about phones cuz he's getting my little brother a new one, he saw the deal on this guy, I read some reviews, and I'm prepaid so I have to pay out of pocket for all my phones so half the price of a new iPhone or top of the line Android sounded pretty good and pretty necessary...I need someone talk me into not returning the Xbone now I guess.

*edit I also got a Jeff Gerstmann fidget spinner and GB pint glass

ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Nier for $36

Avatar image for militantfreudian
militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rongalaxy: I played Skyrim when it came out and, because I hadn't played a Bethesda game nor an open-world fantasy game before, it was a revelation for me. Although, even then I thought it had a wide array of issues. I'm curious what you'd think of it today, especially since quite a few franchises tried to iterate on this brand of open-world games. As for the lore, I relied on the TES wiki. This also reminds me that Danny O'Dwyer made an amusing video that delves into the history of the series.

On topic, I found the PSN sale to be a bit underwhelming: there's just not a lot of variety in the types of games on offer. I was looking to buy Pyre, Pillars of Eternity, Edith Finch and maybe Hellblade, but none which were on sale, so I didn't get anything.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the PSN sale I picked up the Just Cause 3 season pass and Borderlands Handsome Jack Collection, then from Amazon KH 2.8 (still hate myself for buying it but playing through 1.5 2.5 has been a ton of fun).

Big purchase was a Mario Odyssey Switch Bundle, took advantage of a trade in deal to end up getting it for 150 Canadian.

Oh and of course another year of GB Premium.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I caved in and bought the Morrowind expansion to ESO since it's 50% off. It's great so far. ESO is like my TES6, I play it 100% solo and I love it.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 4

Assassins Creed Unity. not sure if it was a good game that ran like shit or just a bad game all around so curious to get into it.

Mirrors Edge Catalyst. Liked the first one, want to see how this one is. Love the OST though.

Infamous Second Sun: doesn't really count cause didn't even know I had it (PS+ I suppose?)

I want to get Valkyria Chronicles but ran out of $

Choi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Choi

Roccat Nyth 65€ ($78) 50% off

No Caption Provided

I also bought two PCs. They weren't actually on a Black Friday sale, but they were discounted a couple of hundred €.

No Caption Provided

for me: 1225 € ($1462)

No Caption Provided

for my wife: 700 € ($835)

I've also picked up Oxenfree on PSN for 5€, and I'm about to get Steam link and Darkwood on Steam.

elmorales94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Samsung 55in 4K TV ($500)

Jackbox Party Pack 3 ($8)

some nice loafers ($24)

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@mystyr_e said:

Mirrors Edge Catalyst. Liked the first one, want to see how this one is. Love the OST though.

If I may give you a piece of advice, stick to the story. That game is not a good open world game, but doing the story exclusively makes it resemble the first game which is a good thing.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Mostly all digital game shopping this black Friday. I'm be stuffed on games for a bit:

- Wolfenstein II PC Digital

- Evil Within 2 PC Digital

- Sniper Elite 4 PC Digital

- Lego World PC Digital

- Prey PC Digital

- Dishonored 2 & Dishonored Death to Outsider PC Digital

- Marvel Heroes Legos 2 PC Digital

- Hellblade: Senua Sacrifice PC Digital

- Steam Link

- Funko Pop D. VA

- Halo Wars II PC Digital

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

This Steam sale actually had quite a few indie games I wanted on sale, but I didn't want to go buckwild, so I just got Bayonetta, The Banner Saga 2, Dead Cells, and Dishonored: Death of the Outsider, for now anyway. Might cave and buy some more stuff before the sale ends. Plus there's always the inevitable holiday sale.

Physical-wise, I got a Razer Ornata Chroma keyboard and DeathAdder Elite mouse (the mouse wasn't actually on sale, I just wanted it) from Amazon, and a shitload of discounted shirts from Fright Rags and Cavity Colors.

I actually spent more money on other people this time, bought a fuckload of Christmas gifts.

steveurkel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By steveurkel

My room mate got me a Logitech g29 racing wheel and I picked up forza horizon 3 for 25 bucks. I've exhausted all my gifts allowance for the year since I just built a i7 8700k w gtx 1080 ti pc with a 4k acer predator 32 inch monitor costing me a little north of 3000 in the past few weeks.

Game wise forza horizon 3 was the only game I didn't have that I wanted and it is never on sale so was happy to see it was finally. Well besides call of duty infinite warfare which is still 60 bucks a year later.

cat_herder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A rain check for Nier Automata ($25 CAD) because I was in line behind the person who got the last copy.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#36  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

As my hard drive with all the Steam games on it suddenly failed on thursday, I had to panic buy a new one. Ended up with a 10TB drive for about $250. Really didn't feel like getting another 3TB drive since I had to constantly manage my downloaded games on there, and game installs aren't getting smaller. Had planned on going for a 6TB drive, but they turned out to be like $100 more than the 10TB one.

Only bought that and a couple of cans of Fanta Zero Blackberry.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TV/Movies:
- Get Out
- Split
- Ghost in the Shell (I'm a huge fan of the various anime series so I figured 9 bucks was the right price to give it a try)
- Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (I've seen the previous five and the last one was just the right kind of dumb fun, plus it was only 4 bucks)
- True Detective Season 1

Music:
- St. Vincent - Masseducation
- Beck - Colors

Comics:
- Green Lantern New Guardians Vol 1: The Ring Bearers
- Green Lantern New Guardians Vol 2: Beyond Hope
- Green Lantern/New Gods: Godhead
- DC Icons Mister Miracle figure

So far no games, if I get anything it will probably just be Virginia and a couple of other 5 dollars or under things. I expected to get a fair bit of DVDs/Blu Rays, but I didn't expect my local comic shop to have 50% off everything and I couldn't pass that up.

Qrowdyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Qrowdyy

4k HDR TV + $100 gift card: $500

6 ps4 games(including persona 5, yakuza 0, uncharted:lost legacy, and NBA 2k18): $30 or less.

PS4 Pro: $350(traded in my OG ps4 for $200)

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got a 4k hdr tv from Best Buy and I am planning to get an Xbox one X to go along with it.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

• Dishonored: Death of the Outsider
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
  • Batman: The Enemy Within

I really wanted to get Assassin's Creed: Origins, but the Best Buy I was at was sold out. Oh well, I'll just wait for after Christmas sales.

Dextermon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolfenstein 2 (PS4) for £19.99

ltcolumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assassin's Creed Origins and Wolfenstein II for a total of $71 on the PSN store. Part of me feels guilty for waiting on games like Wolfenstein because I want their sales numbers to be good, but I'm tired of buying a game new and before I get a chance to actually play it the price has dropped by $20. It's not that I'm trying to be cheap, it's just the principle of the thing. If you're going to drop the price by 40% within two weeks of release, I'm going to start waiting those two weeks.

I also bought an SNES Classic. I'm not sure why, since there are two games on there I'll actually play, but I wanted one. I've been checking online for the last month and I've successfully added one to my cart on Amazon (used, through Amazon Warehouse, but I was okay with that, especially since they were $40-$50 max), but by the time I got to checkout they were sold. So this morning, one of the local Walmarts had them in stock. When I got to the parking lot and saw the wall of people there, I got back in my car, went to Amazon on my phone and bought one for $30 above the MSRP.

Apparently the Walmart in Strongsville, Ohio still has a few on the shelves if anyone wants one!

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nier is 35 and Evil Within 2 is 30.

I applied a $20 psn code I got from sony rewards for free so I ended up getting two new games this year for 45 dollars :D

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stopped by Walmart Thanksgiving around noon when I heard the sales prices were live....which was a surprise to those that worked there as the place was dead. Picked up Watch Dogs 2, Mafia III, and Dishonored 2 for $12 each, and both Uncharted 4 and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy for $16 each in Black Friday early access sales at Best Buy. Was hoping for some deals on Metroid and Dragon's Dogma, but no dice.

Eflier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mini Metro.

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#47  Edited By NeverGameOver

I was hoping to knock some games off my GOTY to-do list, but I didn't see sales on any of the indies that I was looking to pick up (Night in the Woods, Edith Finch, Hellblade).

I did pick up Hollow Knight for $10 on steam, but I'll need to get my PC up and running to play it, since I don't think my laptop will handle it.

I kind of wish I had waited for Wolfenstein II at release since it's like 20 bucks now.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#48  Edited By Atwa

Everybody's Golf for PS4 was super cheap, also bought a Logitech G610 since my keyboard broke recently, got it for about 50.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zelda explorers for 50. Mario and rabbids for 30, both at walmart

Visualizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers