Video problems (including Roku/Chromecast/etc)? Get in here!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GundamGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I would like to point out that for people with Chromecasts trying to cast from the Chrome browser on a PC, there are not quality settings on the in-browser player while doing that. If I use the Giant Bomb Video Buddy on my iPhone, I can send the Chromecast the "low" stream to work around the recent stuttering issues, but on the browser. As soon as I hit the cast button, the gear goes away, and I can no loner change quality. It also doesn't seem to respect any previous quality settings, because if I choose low on either HTML5 or Progressive before hitting the cast button, the Chromecast still stutters.

Thanks for looking into this for us, guys. We appreciate all your hard work.

owlnostic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Heyo,

Just another frustrated Roku user chiming in. :)

I don't think I have anything technical to contribute (the powers that be seem to know that Roku is busted, and why). BUT ... once the dust settles on all this, I'd love to be able to read a 'recommended devices/apps..' page regarding how to best consume GB content. I get that you guys can't solve all the world's streaming problems, on all the world's streaming devices/clients, and you have to pick/choose your tech battles and hit some reasonable sweet spot.

So if my Roku is going the way of the dodo anyway, and I don't want to have to constantly cross my fingers and say a prayer every time I want to sponge up some GB streams, I'd like to know what my best options are in terms of putting money into an alternative home streaming situation (even if it's just "go buy one of the new Roku models, already, sheesh").

Thanks!!!

mrhector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roku 3 owner here. Having same issue as everyone else — video plays slow, but audio is normal thus desynced. I noticed it around the time of the 1080/60 change a few weeks back.

I'm no programmer, but I think a temporary fix might be forcing streaming players to fetch videos only at 720p, a format that always worked on these machines.

Ditto with the audio sync problem. Also on a Roku 3.

Pozxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanted to confirm that the GB app works perfectly on my new Roku Permiere+

I just installed the Roku Premiere+ and everything works beautifully! In case it matters, I am connected via ethernet instead of wifi.

I replaced my Roku 3 which had the audio/video desync issues. I hope that for people that have the Rokus that can handle the 1080p/60fps quality, the app will detect that and not downgrade it to the 720p quality which is the quick fix that the devs will implement soon from last I heard.

NeoSHODAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

We're having problems Chromecasting. The video starts out ok, but a minute or two in and it stutters the rest of the time. Pausing it to let it buffer doesn't seem to help. We're seeing this with both Gen1 and Gen2 chromecasts. We don't have a Chromecast Ultra to try... I believe we started seeing this around the same time as the 1080/60 test stream. I know early This Is The Run episodes were fine, and later ones weren't.

We don't think it's our network as the video streams are fine on our laptops and phones...

Pozxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Pozxz

@neoshodan: Yep that's the exact issues that everyone with gen 1 and gen 2 Chromecasts are having. I believe only Chromecast Ultra and the Roku Premiere+ (and above) will play GB videos properly post 1080/60 switch. If you're using the GB Video Buddy app to cast to your Chromecast, turn the quality down to "Low" and then start the video. That's what worked for me and others. It's not great quality but it works without issue.

crackity_jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• What kind of issue are you running into?: When casting a live stream to my Shield TV it will load the wrong video. This has been happening when watching UPF live. Last week it just kept looping a SFIV trailer. This week it was a please stand by screen that shouldn't have been up.
  • Any specific videos where it’s occurring?: UPF live
  • Browser where issues are occurring (have you tried another one?): Chrome, no
  • Are the issues the same in incognito mode or when you disable extensions?: yes
  • If not, what extensions are you running?: ghostly, ublock origin
  • Have you tried switching from HTML5 to Progressive streaming? Did this help your issue?: no
  • Have you tried switching from Auto quality to one of the other options? Did this help?: no
  • What’s your IP address (in case it’s an Akamai issue)?: 174.126.40.191
Locclo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Locclo

My problem has been kind of on-and-off over the last few weeks or so (probably less than that, but it's not a constant thing so it's hard to tell).

What kind of issue are you running into?

Videos aren't playing smoothly, tend to start and stop every few seconds (like the video is loading slower than it's playing).

Any specific videos where it’s occurring?

Basically any Premium content (had it happen in Blue Bombin', GBE Playdates, UPF)

Browser where issues are occurring (have you tried another one?)

Chiefly Chrome, but I have tried Edge and Firefox. Same issue.

Are the issues the same in incognito mode or when you disable extensions?

Yes.

Have you tried switching from HTML5 to Progressive streaming? Did this help your issue?

Tried all possible iterations (HTML5, Progressive, all quality levels). The only one that videos consistently work well on is the Youtube player. I assume that works differently than the streaming ones, but I know very little about this stuff.

Have you tried switching from Auto quality to one of the other options? Did this help?

See above, none of the iterations change anything (even switching to low quality).

What’s your IP address (in case it’s an Akamai issue)?

Edit to add: I will mention that while my internet isn't the fastest, I've been a subscriber for something like a year and a half now, and it's only been recently that I've run into issues. I've already accepted that I probably can't watch the streams in HD, but these videos aren't playing properly even when I switch to low quality, which makes me think it's not entirely on my end.

thatlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Latest unprofessional Friday and 1-2 switch

Using it on a chromecast, casting from the HTML video player in the chrome browser on an iPad

Can't switch audio or video options on this browser

Stuttering audio, doesn't start immediately but around 1-2 mins from when I press play. If I pause and start again the audio is fine so i don't think it's the video

Jennifyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Jennifyre

This week the only video I watched flawlessly was Jeff's most recent jar time. Last week's UPF worked great too. However this week's UPF has choppy audio when using the HD stream. After switching to High it worked fine. This solution didn't work for the other videos. Was forced to watch them on my PC.

All these issues are occuring on the Chromecast 2

Avatar image for deactivated-64b73ebdbf1d0
deactivated-64b73ebdbf1d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whenever I download the HD videos and try to view them on my Samsung Smart TV (Model UN46EH5300) I get the message "Frame 59 Not Supported" and the video won't play. Anything below HD works fine though. It seems to happen with any of the videos, both Premium and Regular. Not a big deal obviously I just wanted to make the good people here aware of it in case they weren't :) I'm using Chrome Version 56.0.2924.87, my IP is 174.97.105.156, and I'm using the most up to date version of Windows 10.

ishinji32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ishinji32

Add another Roku user with video delay to the pile. All of the most recent content with the exception of Jeff's latest Jar Time video runs with normal audio speed but the video is significantly delayed. Using a Roku Streaming Stick model 3600R. My PC, phone and tablet are unaffected.

IP:

71.236.180.130/2601:1c2:5001:984::1cda

ZilogJones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The latest Jar Time was 720p (in "HD" quality) in case anyone is wondering why that works OK and not others.

TurtleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Currently logged in as a premium user, tuned in to the Giant Bombcast live video, and I saw ads in the video stream. Don't know if that's a policy change or something related to the new video player. Thanks.

thebolt90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is late but...

• What kind of issue are you running into?: Roku player. Any video I try to watch on the app results in the video being about half speed while audio plays at correct speed.
  • Any specific videos where it’s occurring?: Anything recent.
  • Browser where issues are occurring (have you tried another one?): Roku app. Also an issue when watching on Chromebook but I hardly use it.
  • Are the issues the same in incognito mode or when you disable extensions?: Haven't tried. No issues on my PC and Chrome.
  • If not, what extensions are you running?: AdBlock, AdBlock plus, Google drive quick create, save to pocket, checker plus for google drive, save to google drive, awesome screenshot
  • Have you tried switching from HTML5 to Progressive streaming? Did this help your issue?: Unable to do that on Roku as far as I know.
  • Have you tried switching from Auto quality to one of the other options? Did this help?: Unable to do that on Roku as far as I know.
fujiwara_ae86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also late, but still having this issue as of last night.

• What kind of issue are you running into?: Roku Stick (2014). Same issues as above. Slow motion video, regular audio.
  • Any specific videos where it’s occurring?: Anything recent. Exceptions are Jeff's home videos and podcast video.
  • Browser where issues are occurring (have you tried another one?): Has been fine in browser on computer and phone as far as I've tried.
  • Are the issues the same in incognito mode or when you disable extensions?: Roku
  • If not, what extensions are you running?: Roku
  • Have you tried switching from HTML5 to Progressive streaming? Did this help your issue?: Roku
  • Have you tried switching from Auto quality to one of the other options? Did this help?: Unable to do that on Roku as far as I know.
jediautobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#69  Edited By jediautobot

I've had this happen on three videos, but have trouble replicating it. It's happened on the Bombcast for 2/21, Night in the Woods QL and another about a week ago. Sorry don't remember the video. When I pause for a little while (maybe over 3 to 5 mintues) the video will play when I hit play , but no sound. If I reload the page, it will remember where I was time-wise and play from that point with sound. I'm on Google Chrome Version 56.0.2924.87.

Not a major problem, but since it's happened three times now, thought I should report in.

circlenine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been having issues watching some (assorted newer premium) GB content on my Roku 2 recently. Some more basic audio sync issues where it's always a few seconds off, and some more extreme cases where the video will be playing at like 1/2 to 1/4 speed but the audio will play as it normally would.

brettuss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By brettuss

To those with a Roku box: You can use the code HMQ2MJ to access the "beta" version of the application that is waiting on Roku approval. I tried it on my Roku and it works great. It's a work around until the app gets officially published and approved.

You can add it by going to my.roku.com, logging into your account, and going to the "Add private or beta channel" section. It will add a second GIant Bomb channel to your Roku, and you will need to authorize it is you are a premium member. However, I have a Roku 3 and it appears my issues are resolved with the new app!

Okinopolytrans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Okinopolytrans

Thanks @brettuss, that worked great.

shtinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#73  Edited By shtinky

Any help for getting GB to work on Kodi? I just keep getting the "This is an Error message" video. (Also, wow people still use Roku boxes in 2017?)

jobim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By jobim
  • What kind of issue are you running into?: Stuttering video every 10 sec or so.
  • Any specific videos where it’s occurring?: Exclusively on live streamed content. Never on archived videos.
  • Browser where issues are occurring (have you tried another one?): Chrome 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit),
  • have tried streams in Edge, IE, Firefox and Opera all newest version, same problem.
  • Are the issues the same in incognito mode or when you disable extensions?: No difference.
  • If not, what extensions are you running?: N/A
  • Have you tried switching from HTML5 to Progressive streaming? Did this help your issue?: Livestream, so no such option.
  • Have you tried switching from Auto quality to one of the other options? Did this help?: No difference.

I was recommended not using Hardware Acceleration in Chrome by a mod, whom himself had been recommended the same. No difference, still stuttery during livestreams.

Thanks for the help.

Rain_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Rain_1
  • What kind of issue are you running into?: There's no way for me to chose what quality I want to watch
  • Any specific videos where it’s occurring?: Any live streams
  • Browser where issues are occurring (have you tried another one?): Every browser that uses the new video player
  • Are the issues the same in incognito mode or when you disable extensions?: Yes
  • Have you tried switching from Auto quality to one of the other options? Did this help?: Yes, it didn't help. This is specifically the issue I'm mentioning
  • What’s your IP address (in case it’s an Akamai issue)?: 191.205.56.?? (I'm not putting my full ip on this open forum, sorry)

Like I said multiple times on multiple support tickets/google forms, I don't have any problem with the videos themselves - All of the bitrates run amazingly well on my Computer (an i7-2600k), with my 200mbit fiber connection (yeah, I know). I do live in Brazil, which means I get weird routing from Akamai, but everything works perfectly fine. Except for one very important thing - The new player is really bad.

So, to expand on that, the player "itself" is not bad: The video plays well and there's no CPU hit (unlike the previous player). However, what I don't like is the "adaptive" feature of it - it's actually really bad. To be able to get my point across, I will get fairly technical here. I don't know if this is the place to do it or if this is lifting up the curtain too much. Any admin/engineer can PM me if that's the case and I'll remove some of that information, but I need to expose my problem and what I do to fix it.

The current setup for the vide player is that it provides 3 different "quality" settings: Auto, High and Low. The video itself is distributed through one .m3u8 file (a playlist file) from Akamai servers. Inside that playlist file, there are links to all the video streams being spit out. Today, on Blue Bomber, there were 5 different .m3u8 files inside that "master.m3u8" file, all properly labeled (well, technically the filenames are incorrect, but they have the variables set properly, with the resolution and bitrate). If you leave your video player in the "auto" setting, it detects your internet speed and chooses the ideal file to play for your bandwidth, which technically is a good option: It removes the "burden" of the user. They don't need to have the technological knowledge to understand what is the speed and don't have to act when the Internet has problems and will "always" receive a smooth video. I have no problem with the "auto" setting being adaptive. That is it's purpose.

The problem I have is, because of the changing nature of routes on the internet, specially on overseas cases (like me), the player speed detection is never good enough. For instance, I have a 200mbit connection - Technically, I'll never have any issues downloading a 10mbit video stream from the website. But, for whatever reason, the player detects my speed as being 30mbit. And then 40mbit. And then 18mbit. And then 8mbit. You can actually see the "detected speed" change (by right clicking the video and select "show statistics"). Sometimes, that forces the video quality to change (from, let's say, 10mbit to 6mbit when it thinks my speed is not fast enough). That switch is not smooth - sometimes, the videos are not perfectly in sync, with the new video rewinding or fast forwarding a couple of seconds. Don't get me wrong, I understand the technicalities of what is happening. This is how the "auto" setting is supposed to work.

My problem is when the same thing happens in the "High" and "Low" settings.

You see, "High" and "Low" settings have the same "adaptive" behavior. Right now, they're set to still be adaptive, but not as broad as "auto": "HIGH" will chose from a list of video streams that have a higher bitrate than 2001kbits/sec, while "LOW" will chose from a list of streams that have a bitrate lower than 2000kbit/sec. This means that the same problems I have on auto (where the video will decide to change video qualities by itself because the algorithm used to detect my bandwidth speed decided it went down for a split second) happen on both LOW and HIGH. And NOW I have a problem with it: This setup 100% removes my control over the matter. If I wanted the player to decide which stream to play, I would have let it set to AUTO. I don't, I want to stream the best quality possible, because I know that my internet will work with it, and I want to get all the "buffering" and frame drops that come with it.

To solve this issue, right now, I have to load the player, inspect the HTML, manually download the master.m3u8 file, inspect it with a text editor, extract the highest quality stream playlist file out of it and paste it either on VLC or on www.hlsplayer.net, which gives me a FLAWLESS EXPERIENCE, with no frame drops or buffering. Which means one thing: The Giantbomb player is incorrectly detecting an existing bandwidth narrowing, which is untrue and giving me a worse experience.

Ideally, the player would allow me to chose which bitrate I want. The counterpoint I was given by an engineer is that "we don't know how many streams are coming out of any stream and there's no interface on Akamai to grab that". Except that there is. I can open the .m3u8 file and look at the qualities myself. I could (and probably will) even code a python script to do so (as the URL for the videos change on each stream and doing this every time is a pain in the ass). The counter-counter point I suggest is, maybe, limit the amount of streams. Instead of 5, how about 4? Mobile, Low, Medium, High. Make the "AUTO" setting adapt automatically and provide a single stream to the other options for the users that want them. That way, both bases are covered.

kinrider25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brettuss: can confirm adding the other channel works. Thanks.

BoxxyBae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By BoxxyBae

************** I ended up solving my own problem. Turns out Pi-hole blocks dw.cbsi.com which I'm assuming is the tracker that the new player uses. Anywho whitelisted the site and everything is good! ****************

I'm not running any adblock except for a Raspberry Pi-hole and I changed my DNS settings to account for that with the same results.

• What kind of issue are you running into?: I cant get any videos to loan on the site anymore. This includes livestreams. It just shows the 404 for the player and for videos it says loading video without end.
  • Any specific videos where it’s occurring?: Everything
  • Browser where issues are occurring (have you tried another one?): Tried this in 3 chrome/firefox/edge
  • Are the issues the same in incognito mode or when you disable extensions?: Tried with and same results
  • If not, what extensions are you running?: Hangouts, ChromeCast, and BetterTTV
  • Have you tried switching from HTML5 to Progressive streaming? Did this help your issue?: Not given the chance to
  • Have you tried switching from Auto quality to one of the other options? Did this help?: Not given the chance to
  • What’s your IP address (in case it’s an Akamai issue)?: 75.73.93.x should be no hops over Akamai
Pilgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did the PLEX app get fixed yet?

smek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• What kind of issue are you running into?:

Audio drops out intermittently playing videos direct on television via usb. These started as a drop out that if I went back and played the part again it worked, but since the mass effect video its repeatable. At 13 seconds into the video Jeff's line about what are we doing here cuts out, and it happened 2 or 3 more times enough to make me fiddle around to put usb in pi instead.

• Any specific videos where it’s occurring?:

This appeared to start on GBwest Videos then later GBeast videos also started having issues. For honor quick look worked fine for e.g. I got the HD 4000 mass effect video and my tv just said nope. Its quite an old model Samsung, before they got all smart. It can play back 1080p videos fine, not sure if its the 60FPS or 8000Kb/s bitrate that it borked at. I have played back reasonably high bitrate files before, but unsure if any over 8000. (I could investigate if needed)

I suspect this might be slight errors in the encoding making my television struggle as they play back fine on PC and laptop, I am now playing them back on a RPi 3 with kodi librelec and high and HD play no problem barely denting the cpu.

Not sure if this issue is identifiable let alone solvable, but if anything has changed on the encoding end I thought I should at least mention that its happening.

Thank you for your time.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

• What kind of issue are you running into?: Stuttering video after approximately 60 seconds.
  • Any specific videos where it’s occurring?: Beast in the East: Yakuza 0 - Part 01 and 02 for sure. Those are the only two I tried, but I assume I'd have the same issue on any post-1080/60 video.
  • Browser where issues are occurring (have you tried another one?): Chrome 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit). No, I haven't tried others.
  • Are the issues the same in incognito mode or when you disable extensions?: The issues are the same in incognito mode, and if I disable extensions.
  • If not, what extensions are you running?: Disabling extensions didn't make a difference, but I'll list them anyway just in case: LastPass, Personal Blocklist (by Google), Reddit Enhancement Suite, SuperSorter, uBlock Origin
  • Have you tried switching from HTML5 to Progressive streaming? Did this help your issue?: Yes I did, and no it didn't help.
  • Have you tried switching from Auto quality to one of the other options? Did this help?: Yes I did, I tried all options under both HTML5 and Progressive. No, it didn't help.
  • What’s your IP address (in case it’s an Akamai issue)?: I'll PM you my IP address if you want it.
PaulKemp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New video player has worse quality than old (lagging video, audio out of sync)
So, for me the new video player has some issues. Now, I prefer to watch the non-prem videos on youtube.

My issues:

• Chrome (pc) lagging when switching to full screen mode. This causes audio out of sync,
  • Casting from Chrome (ipad/androind) to Chromecast has choppy audio quality.
circlenine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brettuss said:

To those with a Roku box: You can use the code HMQ2MJ to access the "beta" version of the application that is waiting on Roku approval. I tried it on my Roku and it works great. It's a work around until the app gets officially published and approved.

You can add it by going to my.roku.com, logging into your account, and going to the "Add private or beta channel" section. It will add a second GIant Bomb channel to your Roku, and you will need to authorize it is you are a premium member. However, I have a Roku 3 and it appears my issues are resolved with the new app!

Thanks, I haven't had any issues with anything I've tried watching since I added the new channel.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Puchiko

I've been having live stream issues for awhile now that have just gotten much worse since the new player and CDNs. Archived content plays just fine.

The most recent call-in show even at low setting I was getting stuttering every few minutes and after awhile it would just stop playing. For a video that was mostly static shots of people talking this makes no sense because when they play games and a complex scene happens it makes more sense. The previous shows before I was using the Auto setting and switched to High as was suggested by Jason/Drew. Same issues if not worse.

I am using Firefox on a Windows 7 PC and have tried it on Chrome on ipad as well. I have tested Amazon video and youtube in HD and don't have these issues at all. I have 150mb downstream internet as well.

Jennifyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Jennifyre

Any word on a fix for Chromecast issues? Been unable to watch content for weeks now. Is the only fix for me to go buy a chrome cast ultra?

lateralex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By lateralex

In Chrome when I go fullscreen the audio will very gradually come out of synch with the video - its super annoying. I now am using Microsoft's Edge browser to watch GB video (and use it only for that). I just tried casting a video from Chrome to my Chromecast and it was a disaster. Sad times.

SuperFusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@circlenine: Wooo! It works! Thank you so much I've been so frustrated it's been a month since this problem started happening!

thatlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#87  Edited By thatlad

Any news on chromecast fix?

Barely watched any content for a while now, getting frustrated

optimalpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't use HTML5 player on PS4 anymore on any video. I get the spinning loading icon forever.

Progressive plays the video but I'm unable to skip forward or back. I've tried changing quality options but I've had no luck.

DR34DN0UGHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't use HTML5 player on PS4 anymore on any video. I get the spinning loading icon forever.

Progressive plays the video but I'm unable to skip forward or back. I've tried changing quality options but I've had no luck.

I'm having the same issue.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eacbc181b8b5
deactivated-5eacbc181b8b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same! From what I can tell, it seems to be this new version of the player. Try playing the video when you're not logged in. For me at least, it uses the old player, and HTML5 works beautifully. The new version, with different options gives me the same problem you guys are having. Progressive is a really unappealing compromise, as resuming them later is impossible.

Unfortunately I can't find any settings that let me revert to the player that the non-premium members are apparently using. Definitely a bummer and hopefully they get it figured out soon. Since the Roku app stopped working I've been using my PS4...Does the XBone or Wii U browser stream alright? I'm running out of non-PC devices here guys :P

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but here goes: Why did GB switch to 1080/60? All it seems to have done is cause problems with no appreciable gain. I know my video experience has gone off a cliff ever since it was introduced.

TheJasonSigler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@optimalpower said:

Experiencing the same issue starting today. Since the changeover to the HTML5 player, this has been the best way to watch GB content for me. Hope it gets fixed soon!

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#93  Edited By Forcen

This video isn't working if you use HTML5 auto: http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/thursday-night-throwdown-092911/2300-4980/ Anyone else? If you pick high or low then it works.

(Chrome 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit) using incognito mode for no addons on win10)

@bane You should watch this video where Jeff, Drew and Jason talk about this a whole lot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBgJDOtA1Ws

If you are on windows 10 you could use the giant bomb app on the windows store as a workaround: https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9wzdncrdcgcm

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@brettuss: yaayy! Thank you. Works great in my Roku 2XS. I was also having sync issues with video stutter until I got your app added, now it works fine.

Thank you.

For those of you having issues on Roku, give it a try.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Osaladin

I'll chime in, and mention that I've been having troubles with Roku since this all began, and haven't watched a single GB video since, as that has been my primary GB watching device.

I also have sync and freezing issues on Chrome, especially whenever I engage/disengage fullscreen. My apps and addons are all the same as others have listed.

I miss GB content. :(

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@osaladin: try this.

You can add it by going to my.roku.com, logging into your account, and going to the "Add private or beta channel" section. It will add a second GIant Bomb channel to your Roku, and you will need to authorize it is you are a premium member.

Clone346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jason_e_sigler: Same here. Here's hoping a fix is coming quickly. I had just got to MGS2 on Metal Gear Scanlon! Lol

guthwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Anyone else having issues with videos in Chrome? I'm using Version 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit) on Windows 10 and the video window just shows "video loading" ad infinitum. Just checked that it's the same on Gamespot.

christamofo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same issues others are having on PS4, problems only started with the last couple of premium Videos, even switching to progressive doesn't seem to work for me.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guthwulf: Same here, last night. They wouldn't load in Edge either.