Unable to Save Wiki or List Edits

• 53 results
brownsfantb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 30

I'm currently getting an error when trying to save wiki edits. Specifically I was trying to edit the Panne character page. I'm able to start editing the page but when I try to save, it gives me the error message - "Oops, something went wrong."

Also, I get a 404 page not found error when trying to save changes to my lists.

nutta27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

I get this when trying to edit a list...

ftomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I also get a 404 page when I try to save changes to my list (gives me auth.giantbomb.com and adds a /undefined/ suffix to the URL). Saving doesn't work. I also cannot move items in a list by clicking the up/down arrows or by entering a number and pressing enter (entering a number and then clicking somewhere else in the window does update position, however).

brownsfantb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I was able to save my list edits now. Hopefully it's fixed for everybody. Going to try and make a wiki edit and see if that works now.

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

I find that certain wiki pages (the Sega page, for example) refuse to save edits properly, while most of the others work just fine.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By bacongames

I couldn't even get to saving my list because all the buttons don't work (i.e. up and down, and delete) and was curious if others had the same issue. Turns out, they do. I'm sure I am a minority in regular using of lists on the site but it's one of my favorite features. Here's to engineering to get around to addressing it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm using Firefox 18.0.2 on Windows 8 Pro 64-bit.

Avatar image for reasonablesteve
reasonablesteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

List buttons (Up, down, delete) don't work on Firefox, but they do work on IE. Except you can't save list changes on IE, but you can save them on Firefox. I am caught in an unending hell of list editing!

Adaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Another Firefox user here who can't edit his lists. The 'up/down' and 'remove' buttons do nothing.

Also can't find the 'Add to list' button anymore. Am I missing something?

Valkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#9  Edited By Valkyr

It confirms my list edit was saved after adding a new member to a 73 item list, but then the 404 page shows up and when I go to the list I find the change/s were not applied. I'm using Chrome, but I tried Firefox once a few days ago and it was the same.

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

The same thing is happening to me when I try to add to a list. The saving icon will appear, but when the page refreshes it gets a 404 error. None of the changes save.

I am on 64-bit Vista and Chrome 25.0.1364.84 Beta-m

processrex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Still getting the 404 error.

64-bit Vista & Chrome.

ftomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

BTW, there was another post about the list issue that narrowed down the problem to moving items in a list. Looks like adding items to the end of the list works.

processrex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ftomato said:

BTW, there was another post about the list issue that narrowed down the problem to moving items in a list. Looks like adding items to the end of the list works.

Yep I seem to be able to add items to the bottom, changing the order 404's me though.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Still getting the error. You can add and remove but DON'T change the order otherwise you will get the error, one of the last few bugs that still bug me.

Obscure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Firefox, OSX Mountain Lion – up, down, remove buttons are wholly nonfunctional, changing the item number in the list appears to move the item, but trying to save after such a modification leads to a 404. Otherwise, lists appear to be functional (can save, add items, edit descriptions, et cetera).

poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

@obscure said:

Firefox, OSX Mountain Lion – up, down, remove buttons are wholly nonfunctional, changing the item number in the list appears to move the item, but trying to save after such a modification leads to a 404. Otherwise, lists appear to be functional (can save, add items, edit descriptions, et cetera).

Same problem here. Also using Firefox, OS Windows 8 64bit.

brightwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By brightwing

I've been running into this issue ever since I registered a few days ago, after the site update. Every time after I edit a list and try to save it shows the error page. I was at my wits end trying to figure out what was wrong - at least it looks like I’m not the only one here :P

Have tried 3 different browsers (firefox, opera, IE) with no addons running to get the lists to save, but no luck so far. I can make new lists though – but only if I keep all my addons disabled. Have you guys tried that? Some of the buttons start working for me too, that way.. Edit: Also, OS Windows 7 - 34 bit

sirpenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sirpenguin

Adding my voice to the masses: I can add new items to a list, but trying to do anything else (changing order, removing items) causes a 404 page to pop up

logicbus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#21  Edited By logicbus

I tried to create a list (my first), but when I click Save, I get the 404/error page, and the list is nowhere to be found. I'm using Chrome on Windows.

processrex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By processrex

Still 404. :(

brightwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By brightwing

@logicbus: When testing out if the lists work again, might be best to type it all up first in a notepad. That's what I did after my lists disappeared too. So you can copy paste every time.

Hopefully the site will be back to normal soon..

It would be nice if the website maintainers could implement a cache for the list pages though. So like even if we get an error page we could just hit the back button to get back to our list. You could then try saving again or at least make note of the stuff you want to save. The lists especially of obscure old games can get very long. I don’t know how that would work though – cookies maybe?

Sniffulls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 13

I'm using Chrome and it seems that I can't edit my lists if I move any of the items' position. I can add things to the list and it will save just fine, but if I try to move them around the list never saves.

helios1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still can't edit the order of lists without receiving a 404 error :(

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

I can edit current lists okay, but creating a new one brings me to a 404 error.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I can't add or remove games from my lists via Firefox nor IE in Windows 7 64-bit. It really stinks. I converted from IGN years ago who did lists better at that time and had better game tracking. Game tracking is improved now. I'm looking forward to the lists at Giantbomb working again!

Not a bug, but I'm wondering where the "add to list" button is these days that was on the old site. That was much quicker to add games to my lists rather than browse to my lists, click on the list I want, then go into edit mode, then search for the game(s) I want to add.

Dangerloves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

First time this has happened - I got the points for the wiki edit, but the work didn't save.

I was using Fire Fox at the time. I normally use Opera Next.

On a separate matter, though related, I lost a whole bunch of wiki edits and points I did a day before the big site transfer. Thats sucks!

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I can't save the changes to lists ether. I randomly get the error 404 when I make a new list and try to save it.

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

I just tried adding an item to the end of one of my lists in Firefox, and got the "Changes Saved" message, but after the page is refreshed, no changes have occured (i.e., the game was not added to the list). I seem to be having the same issue as many of you, but without the 404 error.

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

I just tried adding an item to the end of one of my lists in Firefox, and got the "Changes Saved" message, but after the page is refreshed, no changes have occured (i.e., the game was not added to the list). I seem to be having the same issue as many of you, but without the 404 error.

I edited a page and had the same exact problem I don't know whats happening

Avatar image for peterpasinili007
peterpasinili007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can save my list, but I can't order it.

KillerFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 33

Can't edits lists on internet explorer and can't make lists in chrome. In IE, it says there's a problem processing the request. In Chrome, I get the 404 error message after trying to save my list, it then boots me back to the home page. It says my list was saved, but the list in there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Possible Clue

I tested today that in Firefox in Windows 7 64-bit, the buttons don't work. In Internet Explorer, the buttons do work but you get a red error bar at the top of the page upon submission. I booted into a live Linux DVD (Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon 64-bit with codecs) and used Firefox. Editing my lists worked perfectly!

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By BBQBram

Also getting a 404 when attempting to save changes to my lists. Using Chrome, ver. 25.0.1364.97 m.

JMSNorthern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 67

#36  Edited By JMSNorthern

+1 to getting 404 errors when I move the order of items in the list, also I get random 404s if I add too many items in a row or add a good amount of items + add descriptions.

To answer dcgc's question though:

"I cannot remove items from lists, the remove button doesn't work. Even when I try to remove by erasing the item number (which the item then disappears), when saving I get the 404"

I also have this issue in both Firefox and Chrome (without scripts blocked) however it is working fine for me in Opera. Haven't tried it in IE or Safari yet.

I have to say that just in general since the site relaunch everything seems buggy as hell.

*Further update:

Well, scratch that about things being functional on Firefox, I forgot that no interactions with the arrows also means no interactions with the remove button for getting rid of games, so I'd say it's still basically unusable on Firefox.

Anyone else having this issue?

I tested things on Chrome (also free of add-ons), and it's as usable as Opera as.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By 014

It's working for me tonight!

EDIT: Well, scratch that; I can add to lists if I use the top part of the page to add items. I still can't use the Remove button.

processrex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By processrex

Still can't re-order. 404 Still.

Jagged85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Same here. I keep getting that same error message too.

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#40  Edited By reverendhunt

Right now I'm getting the "Whoops we ran into an error" when trying to save my edits. The Wiki History shows my edit was made, but it's not reflecting in the article (my work is not showing up).

This is in FireFox ESR 10.0.6 and Safari 5.1.7

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Right now I'm getting the "Whoops we ran into an error" when trying to save my edits. The Wiki History shows my edit was made, but it's not reflecting in the article (my work is not showing up).

This is in FireFox ESR 10.0.6 and Safari 5.1.7

I'm getting the same error when editing wiki pages in Firefox 19.0.

sirpenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adding an item to a list now results in a red error saying there's a problem. Simply hitting save again "fixes" it. Still unable to reorder or delete items in the list, which is increasingly becoming a lot more annoying

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#43  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

I've tried with five browsers - Opera, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome and the horribly outdated K-Meleon, and neither are able to save edits to the Warzone 2100 wiki page, just getting the "Oops, something went wrong" error and then have the save edit window locking up until I reload the page.

Edit: weird stuff, looking at the edit history, it seems like it actually lists the changes I made to the page there, but not on the live wiki page.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 fisk0  Moderator

Ok, another update, looks like there's some weird delay between the live site and the wiki history page. I tried changing the header, and it shows the most recent header on the history page, but not on the front page.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

@fisk0 said:

I've tried with five browsers - Opera, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome and the horribly outdated K-Meleon, and neither are able to save edits to the Warzone 2100 wiki page, just getting the "Oops, something went wrong" error and then have the save edit window locking up until I reload the page.

Edit: weird stuff, looking at the edit history, it seems like it actually lists the changes I made to the page there, but not on the live wiki page.

It seems that the edits actually are saved. But edits made by those of us with the ability to edit without moderator approval don't appear immediately. It takes some time for the edit to actually go live, even though the page states that you were the last person to edit it.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

@hailinel said:

@fisk0 said:

It seems that the edits actually are saved. But edits made by those of us with the ability to edit without moderator approval don't appear immediately. It takes some time for the edit to actually go live, even though the page states that you were the last person to edit it.

Yeah, after trying to figure out what was happening by changing the header back and forth and stuff, that seems to be right, just really weird that the most recent header shows on one page, but not another.

It seems the page gives a lot of errors for stuff that actually worked, tried uploading an image to the page, and first got an error, but it worked on the second try, and now there are two identical images up there too.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

#47  Edited By bobafettjm

It seems that wiki editing is pretty broken right now. I get an error every time I try and edit anything. If I am adding concepts/objects/ect. I get an error but if I refresh the page they appear.

However when I try to add text to an article it does not seem to show up.

Homeslice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Same here. I got points when I submitted my edit on a text article, but the edit isn't showing.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Yeah, totally bust. I'm getting the 'whoops, something went wrong' error every time. Some changes I made last night did go live by this morning, but they're definitely not instant. It's fuuuuuuucked.

processrex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still getting a 404 error when reordering my lists. :(