User Lists: 1

fiye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By fiye

Where can I add or change an image or box art when I edit an already existing release?

No Caption Provided

Edit: I just added a new release to a game and when I add something in the edit mode like the "Product Code", "Company Code" or "Notes" and press the "Submit All Changes" button nothing get saved. The entries get only saved when I enter everything a second time and press again the "Submit All Changes" button.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

I swear I posted something in this thread, I am not sure if it didn't work or it got deleted. In case it just didn't work I noticed when editing credits that after adding someone and inputting text describing their work when I add another person it throws up an error and removed any of the text I entered. It also sets anyone to the audio department by default.

This is the error that pops up
This is the error that pops up

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

This may be an expected side effect of the new wiki editor but I noticed all my wiki past editing history pre-new ediotr is removed from my profile. All my points are still there, as well as the leaderboard on the main profile page.

Seems to also true on every other profile I've checked.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

mmuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I just noticed that, after adding a new game from the Quickly add games section, you get a 'Thanks, your edits are now live' confirmation, which might lead to some confusion because the entry needs to be approved first to go live.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I haven't used the wiki in a long time, so I don't know if this is new. The left side bar shows the following while editing. As you can see, I am using the dark theme and it seems that the white text color is also being applied to the text in the drop-down options which has a white background. You can still read each one once it's selected. I found this issue in Firefox 60 and Chrome 66 using Windows 10.

Firefox 60
Firefox 60
Chrome 66
Chrome 66

craigbandicoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

I am not sure whether or not this is a bug, but users can add accessories, thanks to the "quickly add" feature. I thought only mods could add accessories.

No Caption Provided

I know it works as I just added the accessory "Action Replay MAX"

Nes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Created a game page without uploading an image in the Quick Add box. It's been a day and I still can't upload images to it (both Desktop and Previous Uploads). Desktop still uploaded it to my Previous Uploads list.

https://www.giantbomb.com/morita-shogi-64/3030-68529/images/

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By imhungry

The draft reviewing interface seems broken for me. When I click one of my changes in the left side Draft tab, it takes away my ability to scroll the page.

Deck Edit
Deck Edit

This is what appears when reviewing a change made to the deck of a page. The two side by side drafts can be seen poking out from the top but I can't scroll up or down to them at all. The left side bar also can't scroll anymore.

Main Body Edit
Main Body Edit

On the right is what appeared when reviewing an edit tothe main body text. Same problem, was unable to scroll up or down and thus couldn't even see the test change I made at the beginning of the main body text.

Not sure if this is as a result of being unable to scroll but I was also unable to exit out of the draft review except by hitting 'back' on my browser.

Running Chrome 66.0.3359.170 on Windows 10, problem persists with all extensions disabled. Have tested it on multiple articles but for reference these screenshots came from trying to edit https://www.giantbomb.com/full-combo/3015-141/

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nes: I found this problem also exists when I added a new developer to a game page. When I went to upload their logo the page will not allow it.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#15  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

I don't know how to make it repeatable, but seems related to the bug that redirects you to different forum pages when you refresh some new threads.

Either way, I changed the default image for the Age of Wonders game page from one just showing the logo to one showing the box art and got redirected to a Grim Fandago forum thread. The change still went through.

Edit: Actually, I consistently get redirected to that thread whenever I set a new default or background image for that page. Seems to be because of the Grim Fandango thread name ending with 3030 and the address of the wiki page for Age of Wonders starting with the same number?

The forum bug in other threads at least seems to be consistent with the "most recent post" number part of the adress coinciding with the number at the end of those old threads.

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 11

I've been able to add accessories since I started editing here.

I am not sure whether or not this is a bug, but users can add accessories, thanks to the "quickly add" feature. I thought only mods could add accessories.

No Caption Provided

I know it works as I just added the accessory "Action Replay MAX"

craigbandicoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@reverendhunt said:

I've been able to add accessories since I started editing here.

How peculiarly, whilst I do not dispute you can. I found a thread (recent-ish) that says otherwise for normal bods.

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9f342adfb4e
deactivated-5d9f342adfb4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello all,

Just tried to add a New Game Page but I've been running into issues, please see my Error Report below:

Operating System: Windows 10

Browser: Version 67.0.3396.62 (Official Build) (64-bit)

With the Browser I also try in incognito mode and Microsoft Edge 40.15063.674.0

Error I'm receiving:

No Caption Provided

Will briefly flash up saying "There was an unknown server error, please try again"

After this has show the "Add this Game to the site" button is unresponsive.

URL: https://www.giantbomb.com/game/create/

I was trying to add a new Game Page to the wiki around 13:30 BST today.

Error consoles:

No Caption Provided

The Chrome error console.

No Caption Provided

Edge's error console.

Any help with this will be very much appreciated.

tekif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By tekif

It looks like when a game has 0 releases, and someone adds a new release (eg for a recent Switch port), it overwrites the original correct release date. This is probably as designed but still results in unintentionally deleting information. I was trying to manually correct that by adding in some of the original releases, and ran into 2 bugs:

1. "Delete this submission" link does not work. Tested the link from https://www.giantbomb.com/wiki/moderation/9510/ which linked to https://www.giantbomb.com/wiki/moderation/9510/delete which returns a 404 (and doesn't delete anything)

2. Releases/ Edit button does not work. Tested https://www.giantbomb.com/candle/3030-43573/releases/, hovering over the first release table shows an Edit button, clicking the button changes the URL to https://www.giantbomb.com/candle/3030-43573/releases/candle/3030-43573/release/3050-160879/wiki/edit/incomplete, but there's no visible change on the page and the table does not become editable.

tested using Windows 10, Chrome and Firefox, no errors shown in console

MortLupus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tekif said:

It looks like when a game has 0 releases, and someone adds a new release (eg for a recent Switch port), it overwrites the original correct release date. This is probably as designed but still results in unintentionally deleting information. I was trying to manually correct that by adding in some of the original releases, and ran into 2 bugs:

1. "Delete this submission" link does not work. Tested the link from https://www.giantbomb.com/wiki/moderation/9510/ which linked to https://www.giantbomb.com/wiki/moderation/9510/delete which returns a 404 (and doesn't delete anything)

2. Releases/ Edit button does not work. Tested https://www.giantbomb.com/candle/3030-43573/releases/, hovering over the first release table shows an Edit button, clicking the button changes the URL to https://www.giantbomb.com/candle/3030-43573/releases/candle/3030-43573/release/3050-160879/wiki/edit/incomplete, but there's no visible change on the page and the table does not become editable.

tested using Windows 10, Chrome and Firefox, no errors shown in console

Having the same issues.

Also there doesn't seem to be a way to edit or add comments to a submission that is awaiting approval.

KnockingNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My concept wiki entry for 'Lanmola' is seemingly nowhere to be found now, even though it was accepted and I have the 10 wiki points for it.

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't add images! I'm able to upload them, but then afterwards I can't save my uploads. I can't edit images, either. When I go into edit mode, all it does is tell me to click to edit an image, but when I do it gives me the upload prompt again.

Attempted on Windows 10/Firefox and Mac Mojave/Chrome

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I've been going through the whole list of games lately (it's under the Wiki tab, so I think this belongs here?) and I notice that sometimes a page will display way fewer games than it should. Example:

No Caption Provided

You can see it's not the end of the list, but it only shows me 3 games. That's the most extreme case I saw. Sometimes just the last space in a page will be empty, sometimes more. It seems to come in clusters, but I can't see any common factor to them (no super-long titles or anything). Not really urgent but worth addressing.

OS: Win 10 ver. 1803 and 1809 | Browser: Chrome 70.0.3538.102 (64 bit), no adblock or NoScript

Nes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minor CSS font bug since the latest site redesign: H3 and H4 have the same size. Tested in Win10 with both Firefox (63.0.1 x64) and Chrome (70.0 x64).

ApolloBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ApolloBoy

I can't add images! I'm able to upload them, but then afterwards I can't save my uploads. I can't edit images, either. When I go into edit mode, all it does is tell me to click to edit an image, but when I do it gives me the upload prompt again.

Attempted on Windows 10/Firefox and Mac Mojave/Chrome

I've also been having the same issue. They show up on my user page, but not the game page I uploaded them to.

Tested with macOS 10.14.2 and Safari 12.0.2.

marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#31 marino  Staff

@apolloboy: In your case, it's simply because you don't have enough points to have images go live immediately. When you upload them to a page's gallery, they go into a queue that have be approved by a moderator first. So, while you can see them in your own gallery, they won't show up on the wiki page right then.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#32 fisk0  Moderator
No Caption Provided

Haven't seen any other pages affected, but the Video tab for the Linux platform page lists 1 video, but 18053 results across 452 pages which all give you a 404 when you click the page numbers .

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure if anyone still checks this thread, but editing credits still does not work properly. If I have info on some developers and have to add a new one it will erase all the text I entered on the previously added people.

hargrimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fisk0 said:
No Caption Provided

Haven't seen any other pages affected, but the Video tab for the Linux platform page lists 1 video, but 18053 results across 452 pages which all give you a 404 when you click the page numbers .

Came here to report this as well. Just to add, this seems to happen on any wiki page with exactly ONE related video. Doesn't happen if there are multiple. Some examples are Dynamite Cop!, Astrologaster, and Apsulov: End of Gods. The total number of 'results' is always different. Hopefully this helps to track down the root cause of the issue.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To add to the credits issue still being present. If I have to add a new person and I type in their info when I save it all that info I typed for the new people just disappears and I have to do it all again.

fiye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I try to add a fuzzy release date I get instead of a year a range of numbers between 0 and 70.

Game Wiki page
Game Wiki page

Release Wiki page
Release Wiki page

fiye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the credits page the comment boxes are not completely visible.

No Caption Provided

You've to stretch the boxes first before entering/editing data

No Caption Provided

Kaigan_sake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorting games by newest pages does not work. The order is same as games sorted by recent edits.

Thrawn2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hargrimm said:
@fisk0 said:
No Caption Provided

Came here to report this as well. Just to add, this seems to happen on any wiki page with exactly ONE related video. Doesn't happen if there are multiple. Some examples are Dynamite Cop!, Astrologaster, and Apsulov: End of Gods. The total number of 'results' is always different. Hopefully this helps to track down the root cause of the issue.

Adding on to this, some pages show a higher count of videos on the tab than are actually represented on the videos page. I think its likely due to there being multiple versions of some videos, but only one shown in search (Bombcast and Beastcast episodes with their premium versions). Noticed it when looking at the page for Fuser today:

No Caption Provided
Homeslice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Editing any Credits pages on the entire site with more than 30 existing people credited is broken. I've attempted this on multiple operating systems and browsers, with multiple Credits pages on the site, and the same problem occurs every time.

Operating Systems Tested: Windows 10, Mac OSX (Catalina, High Sierra)

Browsers Tested: Chrome Version 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (x86_64), Safari Version 13.1.2 (13609.3.5.1.5)

Extensions: Have tried with no extensions for both browsers listed above, and with Adblock Plus (Chrome) - same issue occurs either way

Description to reproduce error: Click the "Edit this wiki page" button in the top-right corner of any credits page that contains credits for more than 30 people - for example, a game like this: https://www.giantbomb.com/make-my-video-marky-mark-and-the-funky-bunch/3030-5307/credits/

Next, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the right arrow that's to the right of the total number of people credited (for the Marky Mark credits page, it's the arrow to the right of "1-30 of 100".

You'll see that instead of showing names 31-60, it instead shows the first ten names in alphabetical order, followed by the navigation arrows bookending the text "1-30 of 100". Clicking on the right arrow to the right of that text doesn't do anything.

fiye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By fiye