Live streaming freezing or skipping back in Apple TV app

• 66 results
TomyDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I watched some of the 30 FPS stream and it was a little better but still would pause every few seconds.

shades846

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

dhechler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Video skipping on Apple TV. I have the same issue with every video now on Apple TV. Even older videos. Starts off fine, then a few seconds later it freeze frames for 10 seconds, then continues normal for 10 seconds, then repeats freeze frames. Anyone else see this issue? I deleted the cache for the app, uninstalled it, reinstalled it, restarted Apple TV, nothing seems to work.

wackyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same here for me. It happens more on longer videos to the point where if the video is over an hour I don't even try.

TomyDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since the new AppleTV OS update today, videos are completely unplayable. The audio plays but the video are just still images.

TomyDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Video seems to play fine when video quality is not HD

ploonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ploonkey

Updated tvOS and videos on the GB app are unwatchable. The audio comes through fine but video plays at 1 frame per second.

ploonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Video seems to play fine when video quality is not HD

Confirmed this last night, HD quality seems to be the affected source.

roars5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By roars5000

I can confirm that this is still an issue when the video settings are set to HD on the Apple TV app. The videos freeze right away but the audio is fine.

ashbash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still having the same issues with video freezing on Apple TV

FunkyHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yep, I have the same issue as well.

king3pj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am having the freezing issues too. This might be a new problem because it doesn’t matter if the video is live. When I use AirPlay from Firefox on my phone with the same videos they play smoothly on the Apple TV. It’s a little annoying but at least there is a workaround this time.

okand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same for me with my Apple TV 4K. Video is really choppy when the quality is set to HD.

Olli43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really hope the issues for the apple tv app are fixed for GOTY. Appreciate that the app is free tho.

king3pj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@olli43: On my Apple TV 4K switching the quality setting from HD to high fixed the freezing problem for me. I've been checking this thread and a couple others daily because I'd obviously rather not have to lower quality but at least it made Giant Bomb videos watchable again.

arbybaconator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I was having this issue too, but like the person above I switched the quality settings to high and now it's no longer a problem. Hopefully theres a fix for HD soon. The High setting doesn't look nearly as good on my tv.

ploonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not pushing for a fix, but would appreciate any update or communication from the team on this issue we all have.

grgg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I was having this issue too, but like the person above I switched the quality settings to high and now it's no longer a problem. Hopefully theres a fix for HD soon. The High setting doesn't look nearly as good on my tv.

I'm having the same problem. Constant skipping when set to HD. Works okay but looks worse when set to High. Hoping for a fix soon. Thank you!

ploonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A year later, guess it's safe to say this app is dead.

ev77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@okayrene: The stuttering of HD videos is unfortunately a tvOS bug, one that I have submitted to apple back at the start of the year but I don't believe they've done anything with.

The good news is that because of these sorts of issues with the official GiantBomb TV app, I went ahead and created my own tvOS app. As the developer I am partial to it myself, but if you'd like to check it out search for "GB Fan" on the tvOS app store. And I've got a forum post about it here.

While the HD stuttering has been "fixed" in my app (I found a workaround), I don't normally watch live streams on it; so I'm not sure if the live stream suffers from any issues. I'll check out the live stream happening today and see if it also has the stuttering issue and if so look into a fix for it.