Who turned out de lights?

The_Boots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I'm trying to figure out which Bombcast has this quote. I know it's a Splinter Cell discussion, but I just don't know which episode the actual quote is in. Does anyone remember?

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Man this is an old one. I almost want to say its from The Hotspot days. I'd love to know too!

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Yeah... I mean it's from Splinter Cell Chaos Theory which is an Xbox game so I have zero idea when it first showed up.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SethMode

Man, if you had asked this maybe 2 weeks ago I would have known the exact episode as I'm going through them all right now. I CAN tell you that it's right around when Ryan and Vinny made their bet about night vision goggles in Conviction...so, like, early-ish 2009, I think. I don't know if that's the original usage of it though, just the first time I heard it.

Another similar one is Vinny's irritation with the voice acting in Assassin's Creed 1. Something to the effect of: "YOU STEAL FROM ME!? I'LL TAKE YOUR HAND!"

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By beargirl1

They talked about it a lot around the time Splinter Cell: Conviction came out. I totally remember Ryan mentioning just how absolutely awful their impressions of that guy had gotten at that point.

I wanna say that's probably in one or more of these episodes: [04-13-2010], [04-27-2010], [05-04-2010]

Based off the other posts, I'm gonna assume that's not where the quote originated from but they definitely say that particular phrase multiple times in some of those episodes.

(side note, the April 27th episode has a fantastic intro)

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

God, I love that bit. I love how it evolved from a bad accent to drunken Taco Bell Dog.

Ozzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Ozzie

@sethmode said:

Man, if you had asked this maybe 2 weeks ago I would have known the exact episode as I'm going through them all right now. I CAN tell you that it's right around when Ryan and Vinny made their bet about night vision goggles in Conviction...so, like, early-ish 2009, I think. I don't know if that's the original usage of it though, just the first time I heard it.

Another similar one is Vinny's irritation with the voice acting in Assassin's Creed 1. Something to the effect of: "YOU STEAL FROM ME!? I'LL TAKE YOUR HAND!"

If you're right about the bet episode it's around 7-21-2009. If not then it'd prob be one of the ones that AjayRaz mentioned. Not sure if it's the first time they ever say it on the air since I'm pretty sure that is from Chaos theory, which is before the GB days.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By citizencoffeecake

One minute 35 seconds into Bombcast 05-18-2010.

Vinny and Ryan do a little "Who turned out de lights?" I don't know if this is the first time it's said on the Bombcast though as Ryan says "We should go back to that game because we have made that reference so often that I'm sure the original voice work sounds nothing like..."

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I was just wondering this the other day and it was bugging the hell out of me.

DookieRope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason? Jason! Jason? Jason!

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man this really reminds me of the Ironside impressions they did one episode. Good stuff.

Loading Video...

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I never knew the origins of that quote until now, but it feels like it has been around forever. I started to listen to old Bombcasts and have been working my way through them at a glacial pace, and I could have sworn I've heard that quote either during one of the Bombcasts or somewhere in the Persona 4 Endurance Run. Maybe I'm just crazy, but if that's the case then this goes back to 2008-2009 at least.

The_Boots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know that Ryan says "Who turned out de liiiiiights? Well, nobody here!!" In the quote I was thinking of.

The_Boots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizencoffeecake: That's a good benchmark, though, since by that episode, it's clearly already an established gag.