The Giant Bombcast: Live and In Color, Starting July 26, 2016

Hooogs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I find myself missing out on one of the best features more often than not these days, and will enjoy a video format. Thank you for the hardwork!

twitterlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool but...who has time to watch a three hour live show in the middle of the day no less? Seriously who are you people? College students? The unemployed? Stay at home parents?

It's an uncommon scenario but I'm homeschooled and always have access to a computer and a second monitor. I always throw up iTunes with the podcast playing in it on there anyway and have been wanting a video component for it for a while now!

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@draltor: in a perfect world the person you crashed into wouldn't notice because they would be to busy watching the bombcast.

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#254  Edited By VACkillers

would have been really awesome if it wasn't locked down for premium members only and the podcast will still be free.... considering the show has been always been free since the dawn of giantbomb and yes i know only the video livestream is for premium members, but seems like a bit of a cash grab to me, theres no reason to have this locked in a premium membership except that they can.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i realized my schedule works out that i can catch these live! (as long as they adhere to THEIR schedule, lolz)

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tend to listen to the Bombcast while doing other things (driving, cooking, etc...), but this will be great for GotY.

tgjessie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the first one is anything to go by, these videos will be going up at 4 in the morning for me. I have to figure out if it's worth waking up for it between now and then...

internetfamous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun: This was the reason I stopped watching the Rooster Teeth podcast. When they went to the livestream video podcast format, it completely tanked the quality of the podcast for me.

LRobert16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is the best time to be alive!

sebconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4AM AEST time. Bugger.

pakattak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261  Edited By pakattak

How much control over the feed do you have Drew? It would be super cool if you put up what game or subject the boys are discussing at the time.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cool, I had fallen off listening to the Bombcast for a while now, but I am back in after watching/listening to the test episode.

harinosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I almost never watch anything live on the site, so I'll have to pass on this and stick to audio and refer to recorded video if their was anything visual.

Would be nice to have time stamps now since this is going to be a thing.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Brother_Leb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like this a lot! Probably won't be able to watch as often as listen, but still pumped. Keep up the good work bombers!

Regular_Kirk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@regular_kirk: they all get archived don't they?

Yep, they will be but my question is who's going to be watching a three hour show live?

Regular_Kirk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@regular_kirk: People who live in a different time zone than you?

What timezone would this work for? If it's 11AM Pacific that's still going to be the middle of the day in the U.S. no matter where you are. I'm on the east coast so it'll be live from 2:00 PM to 5:00ish?

I'm not saying they shouldn't do it. It would just be a surprise to me if there was a big audience for the live show. I'm guessing more people will watch it after it's been archived.

Regular_Kirk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jamin724 said:

Awesome though I hope this doesn't go the way of beyond where they start talking about visual things because I won't have time to watch these. Sticken with the audio

I'm betting we'll get a lot of Brand Jeff saying, "Dan. Dan! Not everybody can see what you're doing. Use your words!"

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm ready for the madness.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@regular_kirk: not everyone is in the same timezone as you and not everybody works 9-5? I'm not saying there's a massive audience that will watch live but surely it must drop on for some.

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By szlifier
@frodobaggins said:

@regular_kirk: not everyone is in the same timezone as you and not everybody works 9-5? I'm not saying there's a massive audience that will watch live but surely it must drop on for some.

Europe is very happy about this schedule.

If you can't make it there's always that chat archiving site.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

So strange seeing the Bombcast in video format after 8 years of listening. However I am really digging it.

Avatar image for genericgirlname
GenericGirlName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@regular_kirk: My work hours are flexible and I can work from home literally whenever I want. I probably wont purposefully work from home just to watch this, but I will totally be able to watch the hour that overlaps with when I usually eat lunch. or am working from home for any other reason. If any of my coworkers were into GiantBomb I could see some of them playing the live stream in the background and listening to it just like a podcast while doing other work, I know plenty of coworkers who listen to podcasts while they work as long as they aren't in meetings or something. Lots of people don't live the same life as you with the same hours/location/work setup etc. it shouldn't be that hard to grasp.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@szlifier said:
@frodobaggins said:

Europe is very happy about this schedule.

If you can't make it there's always that chat archiving site.

I can never remember the url to that site! :p

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frodobaggins said:

@regular_kirk: they all get archived don't they?

Yep, they will be but my question is who's going to be watching a three hour show live?

Giant Bomb fans, we have for years, heh.

samurai1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276  Edited By samurai1000

@mister_v said:

So 7PM GMT? Awesome!

Cool, works for me. Something to watch when getting in from work.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@regular_kirk said:

Cool but...who has time to watch a three hour live show in the middle of the day no less? Seriously who are you people? College students? The unemployed? Stay at home parents?

It's an uncommon scenario but I'm homeschooled and always have access to a computer and a second monitor. I always throw up iTunes with the podcast playing in it on there anyway and have been wanting a video component for it for a while now!

Service industry people whose days regularly don't start until 3/4/5PM Central Standard Time nor do they end until 10/11/12PM CST.

blake_brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I feel like the Theater of the Mind has always been an advantage with the Bombcast and all other notable podcasts. I don't understand you kids and your need for these newfangled video podcasts. I don't see the benefit.

I think the only upside for me personally will be that these video versions will provide an excuse to revisit episodes in the future.

duke_of_the_bump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@regular_kirk said:

@dukeofthebump said:

What timezone would this work for? If it's 11AM Pacific that's still going to be the middle of the day in the U.S. no matter where you are. I'm on the east coast so it'll be live from 2:00 PM to 5:00ish?

I'm not saying they shouldn't do it. It would just be a surprise to me if there was a big audience for the live show. I'm guessing more people will watch it after it's been archived.

This may come as a shock to you, but not everyone lives in the US.

journeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wish when it's just the smaller group you would use a smaller table so drew is closer versus like he is in another room, it's kind of odd watching you turn your head to go look for him on the other side of the room. But I am guessing the table is one size and can't be split. I liked how the had the wheels of steel operator was at the table with the 1up team back in the day or more like the old radio setup of the old G4 Feedback video podcast. Any way still nice to have a video version.

afields101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welcome to the View Bombcast edition

enemymouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

HOLY SHIT THAT'S TODAY!

Regular_Kirk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@regular_kirk said:

@dukeofthebump said:

This may come as a shock to you, but not everyone lives in the US.

Mind blown!

Obsoneti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@regular_kirk:I think it's probably the only time that could work for the bomb crew honestly. The podcast has in the past gone on longer than three hours (and that's without breaks etc. added in) so doing it any later might not be feasible.

gasbreakdip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285  Edited By gasbreakdip

@vackillers: How is this a cash grab in any way shape or form? They're doing this to offer something fresh and new to premium members. That's it. They're just trying to diversify. Your free podcast still exists in exactly the same form. You're like the type of guy who hates that your "console exclusive" is also available on other platforms, as if MORE people playing your precious game is a bad thing.

Vastaux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@regular_kirk: works perfectly for me in the UK. 6pm-9pm, just as I'm winding down and getting some gaming time in I can watch this on the side... when I get premium that is. If it works for me it probably works for a lot of Europe also.

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@gasbreakdip: It's not... I was totally wrong about it.. I thought no one would be able to see it period unless you were a premium member.... but its only live for premium, free for everyone else... I miss understood exactly what they were doing..... but no im not that type of person who hates console exclusivity when its on other platforms. I'm a PC gamer, not a console gamer but either way, I was wrong and very happily wrong at that!

mr_creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima said:
@twitterlegend said:
@regular_kirk said:

Service industry people whose days regularly don't start until 3/4/5PM Central Standard Time nor do they end until 10/11/12PM CST.

Also people, like me, who work from home.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I watched it live only because I happened to not be working that day, and I got very little out of it. Good camera work by Drew and everything, but there's nothing visually for me to care about. It's a really dull talk show with no visual segments. I still plan to continue listening to the audio podcast while I'm off doing something else; it just seems like a better use of the 2-3 hour period instead of sitting there glued to a video stream of guys talking around a poker table.

Corwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeff 's prediction from years ago came true. I starting watching the live stream, but it quickly became background noise at a point, negating the point of a video podcast.

Sqwrly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where do we go to watch this live? I couldn't find it on the site last week to watch live.