Thank You, Giant Bomb Team (Tuesday Pause)

• 67 results
laughingorc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By laughingorc

There's nothing I can really say, as a white middle-class Brit, that won't just come across as stupid or irrelevant or pointless, but I will say, thank you GB for taking this stance, and everyone here who has shared their stories.

Black Lives Matter. The world has regressed in it's tolerance of racism over the last few years, and it's time to change.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hope it's not all for nothing.

HIMSteveO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

There's nothing I can really say, as a white middle-class Brit, that won't just come across as stupid or irrelevant or pointless, but I will say, thank you GB for taking this stance, and everyone here who has shared their stories.

Black Lives Matter. The world has regressed in it's tolerance of racism over the last few years, and it's time to change.

White dude in Australia here, and, like many of the people here, whole-heartedly agree with the sentiment, actions, and statements of the staff and most of the fans.

Like you said, hard to know what to say from the other side of the world - and it's hard to not think that anything we may say will carry little weight because of our lack of experience and exposure, beyond social media and the internet. But showing support and not being a c-nugget is a good starting place for those of us that aren't in America.

Your comment wasn't stupid, irrelevant, or pointless - in fact, it's quite the opposite. More consideration for what we say and how we say it will hopefully encourage the changes we want to see - and hopefully show those who refuse to engage in that consideration that their actions, words, and beliefs are obsolete and incompatible with the kind of society we should all have and be an equal part of.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Thanks for sharing. As a white man living in South America, there is not much I can really say or do, but to tell you to have all my love and support in these anger and anxiety inducing times, with the reminder that these kinds of things are nothing new for a lot of people...

Words seem rather hollow in these circumstances, which is why I agree with the decision of the staff about trying to stop the mundane talks about electronic entertainment and escapism to pay attention to bigger, sadder and far more important topics, even if it is for a moment. Please visit some of the links in the main article, don't give up to the big void that is apathy.

Bernsington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devron8: Thank you for sharing your story. Black Lives Matter.

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@devron8: Thank you for sharing, and it makes me happy that this site and community mean so much to you. Black Lives Matter

Also thank you to the staff, particularly to Brad’s post refusing to tiptoe around the issue.

Avatar image for terminallychill
terminallychill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for sharing your story and thanks to the staff for taking a stance. Black lives matter

dirkfunk232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devron8: BLM!

As I said in another post, these stands by media figures are a small step but a necessary and positive one and your reaction proves that (as well as a number of counter examples of people leaving in a huff atm).

bta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devron8: Thank you for sharing! It’s been nice to see their response to this become a meaningful one; I’m hoping that charity stream on Friday does some real good.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Appreciate you guys doing the right thing, GB

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@devron8: Thanks for sharing, duder. While obviously I wish Mr. Floyd was still with us, I hope like hell his name goes down in the books as the catalyst that sparks real change. We had our local protest here last night, and hearing everyone's impassioned and emotional heartbreak and rage outside of the police station while the cops hid inside silently, no doubt just waiting for a reason... it snapped something in me. I've always thought of myself as an ally to the cause, but that doesn't mean shit if I'm just sitting on my ass wishing things were better. I've had it with innocent men, women and children having to fear a group that ostensibly exists to protect the public. I've had it with systemic racism, I've had it with politics becoming a minor civil war between the parties, and I've had it with white allies (myself included) not using our privilege to enact change.

It's 2020 and it's feeling more and more like 1950 by the day. Black lives fucking matter, and I don't want to hear a word about "But m'good cops" any longer. Yes, there are good cops, but this isn't about them. There were Nazis that wanted nothing to do with Hitler and served under fear of death, but that doesn't make "But the good Nazis!" a reasonable stance. (apologies for invoking Godwin's Law, haha)

My heart hurts for every last person that has to live in fear in the so-called land of the free. Stay safe out there, everyone.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad they took a stand and voiced their opinions. I know none of them would consider themselves role models or anything, but as someone that's followed Jeff and co since the HotSpot days from when I was still a shitty teen that cared about nothing, they've definitely influenced my behavior and believes about social issues by just being good dudes.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Thank you for sharing. If anyone is alienated by this, they should be and leave this community. I wish we all did more to welcome BIPOC into the audience and community. I'm personally hoping the staff does more for that as well in the future.

clintlandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thank you for saying something. I really hope in all this reflex defenses and attacks, people can breathe and read these experiences and understand that these stories should add to your personal experiences, not replace them. Other people being treated better means everyone is treated better. Humanity isn’t a finite resource.

PortableDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a great post and thread. Thank you, OP, and thank you, Giant Bomb. Black Lives Matter.

Shaanyboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm glad their foot landed where it did.

Thanks to the staff.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread has been a great reminder of why I like this community so much, and why it's the only online community I've ever really engaged with. Thanks to everyone who has shared their experiences, and thanks to the staff members for sticking to their convictions on this.

I hope everyone stays safe. Black Lives Matter.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Gotta give props to GB for doing this as well. Black Lives Matter is easy to get behind for me personally.