Podcast and Youtube chapters would be nice (GB clips YT synergy)

cliffordbanes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I saw that the Giant Bombcast clips Youtube channel is happening. My thinking is that if the podcast is already being marked and chopped up how much more effort would it be to add podcast chapters or Youtube chapters?

I don't know anything about the workflow involved in editing the podcast or about the effort or the ROI involved in doing the work to add chapters each week or whether it's worth it or not.

It would make it easier to go back and find certain discussions about certain games or topics. It would also make it easier to avoid spoilers. I don't know how many people avoid listening to the podcast to avoid spoilers.

Youtube chapters: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/9884579?hl=en

Podcast chapters: https://lifehacker.com/how-to-add-chapters-to-your-podcast-1830071902

Do you care about either podcast or Youtube chapters?

pauljeremiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 1

I would love to see something like this.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This would obviously be great. The Bombcast is a big commitment and sometimes you just want to hear one or two segments and not the whole thing. They don't always pop up on the Clips channel either, and I think that's probably what will prevent this from happening because they're not marking the whole show, just parts they want to highlight.

ToughShed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would love this also so I can skip around in a podcast to game coverage I want.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

We've been asking for this for years. I can't see it happening.

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mikewhy

Yeah this comes up time and time again, I'd love it but it doesn't seem to be happening. At least on YouTube (and maybe here too, don't listen to podcasts via the site) people in the comments can do timecodes.