My top 10 most anticipated games of 2018.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Desuroku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Edited By Desuroku

1. Burnout Paradise Remastered

No Caption Provided

I already pre-ordered it on the PlayStation store this will be the 3rd time I've bought Burnout Paradise and will be the 3rd time I will complete it and I just can't get enough of it. The beautiful destruction, the deafening engine sound once you hit the boost, the incredible and fluent online, the addicting Road Rage races, the barrel roles and the amazing sense of speed. This game is a damn classic from the 7th generation and I'm so happy it's getting another chance to shine.

2. ONRUSH

No Caption Provided

If you're a fan of the the Motorstorm franchise then you'll already know that the developing company of those games, Evolution Studios have been shutdown by Sony. Which means the Motorstorm franchise is dead, right? Sadly yes- but! Don't be sad for too long because Codemasters have acquired everybody from Evolution Studios and they're developing a 'spiritual successor' of Motorstorm called, ONRUSH. I am excited for this. ONRUSH looks just as chaotic and destructive as Motorstorm and with the lack of true arcade racers in the market that's been missing in the 8th generation ONRUSH looks to be a special experience.

3. The Crew 2

No Caption Provided

I was unfortunately disappointed with The Crew. The driving felt sluggish, the graphics weren't up to par and the story wasn't good. Whilst many gamers abandoned The Crew upon launch week many others have stuck with it and Ivory Tower have improved on most of those aspects with The Crew: Wild Run update giving the game a much needed upgrade and a lot more content. With these updates fans finally saw how good of a game The Crew had become and because of that I am ready for The Crew 2.

4. Dakar 18

No Caption Provided

Bigmoon Entertainment has hyped this game up for me and they better not disappoint. They said this is a huge scale open-world driving game based on realistic simulation so I'm expecting Dakar 18 to be an open-world version DiRT Rally. I'm not particularly fond of Bigmoon's track record of Rally games, if you didn't know Bigmoon Entertainment have developed the WRC franchise with mediocre reception from critics and fans so naturally I should keep my expectations down but for this game I just can't help but get excited when I think about it. If Bigmoon does accomplish what they are hyping up Dakar 18 to be then this will truly be ground breaking.

5. Hover

No Caption Provided

If you made it this far on my list than you would notice the plethora of driving games here (I like really driving games if you haven't noticed) so here's something different, Hover. It was first shown in PSX 2017 it's obviously heavily inspired by Jet Set Radio and Jet Set Radio: Future, and the composer for Jet Set Radio did the music for this game. I am super excited for this game I've been hoping for a while now that Sega would make a sequel to Jet Set Radio: Future and they just won't make one. But now Sega doesn't need to because there's somebody else making Hover and I'm so happy.

6. Shadow of the Tomb Raider

No Caption Provided

I absolutely adored the rebooted Tomb Raider games. Tomb Raider released in 2013 was a pleasant surprise and an addicting one. I couldn't put my controller down and once I finished it I immediately bought Rise of the Tomb Raider and I couldn't put the controller down for the that game either. Rise of the Tomb Raider was more of the same while adding a few more new gameplay elements and while more of the same isn't a bad thing I do hope Shadow of the Tomb Raider can be more innovative without losing itself.

7. Forza Horizon 4

No Caption Provided

Now let's get back to driving games. There were rumours several months back that Forza Horizon 4 is taking place in Japan. If so that would be incredible. Driving through the beautiful landscapes and mountains of Japan then street racing the neon lit city of Tokyo would be a dream come true. I do hope the developers can make the Forza Horizon series more innovative because the past 3 games (although) were great but very similar. I do hope they can shake things up a bit in this franchise.

8. Fire Pro Wrestling World

No Caption Provided

After watching The Beast crew tackle this game and Alex's defence for it in the Giant Bomb 2017 Game of The Year discussions it's safe to say that the duders have convinced me to buy this game when it comes out. I did my research of this game and it's a unanimous opinion that the game play is awesome but there's no story mode or campaign for it. But recently NJPW signed a deal with Fire Pro Wrestling World and there will be a story mode based on NJPW for this game and my hype just doubled. As a wrestling fan the WWE 2K games are the only games on the market and they are terrible products. I'm so glad that there's finally going to be a good modern wrestling for the 8th generation.

9. Spider-Man

No Caption Provided

Spidey is my favourite super hero of all-time but he hasn't had a good video game made for him yet. After years of the Batman Arkham franchise getting the spotlight- it's time for a new comic book licensed hero to take the brass ring. Insomniac Games a studio with a stellar reputation for the Ratchet & Clank franchise and Sunset Overdrive are more than capable of developing an awesome Spider-Man game. With the E3 live demo showing a lot of great gameplay and what looks-to-be a lengthy story I am proudly excited for this game.

10. Slightly Mad Studios unannounced Fast & The Furious title

No Caption Provided

I love a good Need for Speed game but the past 4 games in that franchise are met with nothing but disappointment for me. I love driving games that have an urban-illegal street racing theme to it but I haven't found one I liked in years. Slightly Mad Studios CEO Ian Bell said that he's signed a 6-year deal to make an all new Fast & The Furious video game franchise I just hope Slightly Mad follows the movies from 2001-2006 and not anything beyond that. Ian Bell was outspoken about how Electronic Arts almost killed his company and what better way to have sweet revenge if his company beat EA's racing crown jewel that is the Need for Speed franchise. It would be a passion fuelled rivalry if Slightly Mad Studios made a noteworthy game to compete with the Need for Speed and with Ghost's output so far, I'd put my money on Slightly Mad.

WillyOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

1. State of Decay 2

2. iRacing updates....

3. Nothing else yet...? So NHL19 I guess, sigh...

Desuroku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After years on this sight this is the first ever comment I've received. Thank you.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cikame

I don't know what to think about the Burnout remaster, it looks identical to the original release and the PC version is exclusive to Origin, besides some DLC i'm not sure why i wouldn't just play the Steam version i already own, i'll be missing some online stuff but i probably wouldn't play it online anyway. I have Origin installed i'm not all the way against it, i just don't feel good using it.
I have doubts about ONRUSH and i hope i'm wrong, but i didn't like Motorstorm or Driveclub, the fast edited trailers make it hard to judge how this game feels to play, and if the game is entirely about fun, bouncy, extreme off road racing, it needs to feel good, but unless the team have been significantly changed it's being made by a 6/10 studio.
I'm interested in The Crew 2, i like a healthy amount of freedom in games and the ability to change vehicle on the fly is super appealing, but the first game had terrible car handling and the gameplay they've shown so far has looked fairly stiff, i hope it turns out well.
I've always wanted a good Dakar game but all we have is a CG trailer, and i don't think the studio is up to it.
I'm a backer of Shenmue 3, but i don't hold out much hope for it, there was so much ambition and budget put behind the previous games i think they're massively impressive, but the art style for the new one, the limited budget and small team... i don't see how it could be good.

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 4

Picky_Bugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Next on the news, man enjoys huge pictures of cars.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't really anticipate great things from Dakar 18, but hopefully if it makes it to the 2nd or 3rd iteration I think it'll get to where it needs to be. I do really want to see a great Dakar game akin to Dirt Rally (which I play almost daily on PSVR).

To the best of my knowledge it was Milestone that did most of the WRC games before Kylotonn took over for WRC 5-7. Milestone just released Gravel - have you had a chance to check that one out? It looks alright.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

You sure like driving games

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OurSin_360

Yakuza 6

God of war

Spiderman

Monster hunter for pc

Cant find any actual gameplay for shenmue, doubt that's coming out this year.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By TheHT

Ha, I was just thinking a few days ago "man, where are all the racing games?" ONRUSH is definitely on my radar (and thank you for reminding me of it).

I really enjoyed that first Tomb Raider reboot, but boy those titles are pretty terrible. No reflection on the games themselves obviously, just... oof. Like I love the new Planet of the Apes movies, but their titles are just annoying, and they immediately came to mind seeing here that there was a third Tomb Raider game on the way.

You didn't like Web of Shadows or Ultimate Spider-Man? Not to go too far back, but I remember really liking the PS1 NeverSoft games as well (at the time anyways). Still hop into Web of Shadows from time to time myself. Admittedly, none of those are of the calibre of an Arkham Knight, so I'll give ya that. That might be my most anticipated, personally. Spidey was always the "my" superhero growing up.

lead_dispencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

does red dead count? Still have an itch its going to be pushed into 2019, sigh.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Onemanarmyy

I'm sort of impressed with the amount of driving games you were able to put on your list. I forgot about half of them :D

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure about Shenmue. I try to admire those games from a very safe distance.

I was looking forward to State of Decay 2, but after watching the new trailer this morning, it just seems to be a better looking State of Decay. Can't argue with the price tag, to be fair.

Cyberpunk 2077 is my #1 most anticipated but it's hard to get too overexcited when we know so little about it.

Video game anticipation can often be ridiculously misguided, so I like to wait until a game is out before I lose my mind about it.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder how many of these game will actually come out in 2018. i think Shenmue probably needs a other 2 years. And burnout paradise has aged very poorly IMO. It's hard to get back into it, i would rather see them remaster 3 or revenge.

Yumewaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night and Yakuza 6.

Desuroku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Desuroku

@soulcake: I'm hoping all of them get released this year.

I still love the Burnout franchise and I can still play them for hours on end.

Desuroku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yumewaru: Yakuza 6 is going to be great. I don't know much about Bloodstained though.

Desuroku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stordoff: I hope for Forza Horizon 4 to be in Japan it could be so awesome.

Persona games are always good so there's plenty to be excited about there.

I've never been in the community spotlight before this is awesome!

Desuroku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Desuroku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whitegreyblack: I'm cautious and excited for Dakar 18 Big Moon are really pushing big things here.

I'll check out GRAVEL once the price goes down it looks fun.

Desuroku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Desuroku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: Those are some potentially damn good games here.

I have no problem of they delay Shenmue so the developers can perfect the game until release.

Desuroku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht: The more eyes on ONRUSH, the better.

I love the new Tomb Raider franchise and I don't mind the titles but a new person who might be interested in playing the Tomb Raider franchise might be confused on the order of the games (because the Tomb Raider titles aren't numbered) if they don't do research.

I thought Spider-Man 2 in 2004 and The Amazing Spider-Man in 2012 were 'okay' but nothing spectacular like Batman Arkham. I never played Spider-Man Web of Shadows it didn't have a good Metacritic rating so I didn't go near it. I'm hoping Spider-Man 2018 can be amazing.

Desuroku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lead_dispencer: Yeah, Red Dead counts :)

Though it won't be a bad thing if Rockstar delay its release date because the more to develop the game the better chance of it being a great game.

Desuroku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_greg: I'll try my best to do the same to be honest.

$30 is a good price and more of the same isn't necessarily a bad thing but I'm hoping the developers expand what they had with the first State of Decay and give it a proper amount of polish that the first game was lacking.

KillerFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 33

Sea of Thieves

God of War

Vampyr

Red Dead Redemption 2

Spider-Man

Below

Crackdown 3

One Piece: World Seeker

Fire Emblem Switch

Valkyria Chronicles 4

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@desuroku: That's where I'm at. The first one was was good but it didn't quite scratch the itch I had hoped it would.

A few more that have me interested, but still not 100% sure: Crackdown 3, Metro Exodus, Mount & Blade 2, Death Stranding. Can't see all of these being 2018.