• 146 results
Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've been enjoying the experimentation, nice to see the booth spliced with the table footage and having the topic being discussed is really helpful for when I watch in multiple sittings. Would like to see more use of the cartoon head thing, cool AF.

fireworksordie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By fireworksordie

Can someone with more technical video expertise than me explain why the 23.98 fps Bombcast video looks so much worse than other 23.98 videos? I realize the change was going for "that sweet film look" but if that's the case, it's completely missing the mark, at least to my eyes. 60fps was consistent and looked much smoother. Is it a lack of motion blur? Every time I watch the Bombcast now it almost seems like my TV is getting stuck on frames constantly, or like the frame-pacing (a term I only know from Digital Foundry analyses) is horrible.

EDIT: I downloaded the HD version of the latest Bombcast ("mc_bc_041718_pbNj_4000.mp4"), which says it runs at 57 frames per second (why is it not being exported at the framerate the video is being recorded at?). I took 58 screenshots in VLC, using the E key to progress one frame forward, then making a snapshot for each advancement. The amount of screenshots it takes for a visible change differs wildly- sometimes there is 1 duplicate frame in between, sometimes 2, 3, 4, or even 5 of the exact same frame before anything changes on screen. I feel like this adds credence to the frame-pacing concern. I want to stress that I am again no technical video expert, but it really seems like there's something wrong with the Bombcast video since the change. I know my analysis is not particularly scientific (it also wasn't when BEast was having audio issues, but after making a lot of noise about it that finally got looked into and fixed), but anyone can try it in VLC for themselves, and count how many times you advance a frame until the screen changes. I'd love to find out that I'm wrong and just imagining things, though.

Hasney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was wondering why the framerate had dropped and also why I started getting horrible judder for a while when Chromecasting to my TV. I put it down to the player being terrible for a period again and would fix itself, but as it had been going on for weeks, decided to look into it.

Please go back to 60fps. Whatever solution you're using to lower the framerate has made a lot of things worse, at least with my setup