Do you skip the postcard section from the Beastcast?

• 135 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

Poll Do you skip the postcard section from the Beastcast? (1143 votes)

No, I love kisses and Mario Sunshine is a good game dammit! 45%
Yes, I am a soulless husk that hates kisses and eats popcorn out of the trash! 40%
Just show me the results. 15%

Sadly I am an awful person that skips Jeff's kisses. I feel bad for doing it but when it takes up 15 minutes plus of the Beastcast that seems like too much. Well wishes to all the people that find the time to send a postcard into the Beastcast but I got several other podcast to get through. I'm not saying Beastcast should ditch the segment because they wisely put it at the end of the show but I am curious how many people listen to Jeff Bakalar and the rest of the Beast Crew kiss complete strangers.

• 
whyzenheimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm not a huge fan. Also, it's one of the clear scenarios where you can say they could be doing something else with that time. They aren't a large crew and seemed stretched for time on a good day.

Ungodly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I love the post card bit, but I didn't vote because I don't like Mario Sunshine. I think it's neat that they're getting postcards, and I enjoy how they interact with us. Also there is nothing weird/sexual about being kissed on the cheek.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I am here to witness every minute of their mistakes!

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Yes! Mario Sunshine is a good game.

...Kisses I could take or leave, but I listen to podcasts all the way through anyway. The time Alex ripped up a postcard was a pretty good moment you all missed.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I listen to it. Someday* I may even send a postcard in!

*probably never

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#106  Edited By Superkenon

I find it utterly charming and adorable. I listen to the Beastcast as much (if not more) for their personalities and banter as I do for games/news coverage, so I don't see it as a divergence from the things I like about the show. It's fun to hear from fans!

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#107  Edited By zaccheus

No, I don't skip it and no Mario Sunshine is not a good game.

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I really like that section. It's a nice community-focused bit of positivity for me.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the card that said stop this nightmare.

icoangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I listen to it because I am too lazy to skip it, but I can not say I really enjoy it.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a bit of harmless stranger kissing over distance. It's a good dose of positivity.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

I listen to it, there's usually still some funny stuff in there anyway and last week they only did one and then there was a whole additional discussion after it that I would have missed if I'd just skipped over when Vinny said it was postcard time. I'll take any additional podcast material from the Beast crew anyway, but I enjoy that section well enough.

elmorales94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't skip it-- I even sent one in that they read on last week's show! I think it's great to hear where people are from and a nice way to ensure that the show always ends on a positive note.

Also, kissing people on the cheek is fine. I don't understand how it could be construed as creepy. I do it L I T E R A L L Y every day.

WillyOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By WillyOD

A thousand times yes.

It's not the kisses. It's people "writing in" wanting to be "mentioned". Too many, so many. When I go to bed and activate sleep timer I'm supposed to listen to 20+ mins of reading peoples' postcards? Sheesh.

Amazing podcast, maybe the best in the world, but what the actual heck?

If you're not gonna get rid of this time-wasting feature, at least save the kisses for truly special occasions and postcards.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Its fantastic! Its just extra Beastcast, and I am okay with that. its not like they are cutting their regular content short to do the Postcards, so what's the problem? Why complain?

Deadstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Deadstar

I definitely don't like it. It's basically a shoutout section on a podcast. I really don't care that it is whoever's birthday or that someone is on vacation, got married etc. It just seems like wasted time to me and I do skip it. I wish they would just break that out into a separate podcast so that if you wanted to hear shoutouts you could listen to a podcast fully dedicated to them.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yes, because its great like almost everything the beast crew do.

cchaos420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m just to busy to skip it. I prob would if I could find the time to pick up my phone