High video quality field is unpopulated in API responses and medium quality field is unavailable

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Hey folks,

It looks like the site has switched from using a "high" video quality preset to a "medium" one. However, there's no medium quality field in the API and the high quality field is unpopulated, which means there are only two quality options available: low and HD. Would it be possible to add a medium quality field to the API to replace the high quality field? It'd be great if the mobile quality URL was also exposed but I don't want to get greedy :p

Thanks!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Hey I'll file a bug for this and see what can be done.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome, thanks!

eukara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

thanks rorie!

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, just wondering if there's an update on this? Not sure if this is related, but I've also noticed that some videos seem to be missing video URLs entirely. As an example, here's the JSON response for "The Lifeguard - Giant Bombcast Animated" (https://www.giantbomb.com/api/video/2970-21189/)

"low_url": null,

"high_url": null,

"hd_url": null,

Thanks!

flammabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi, I'm also noticing this, for instance if I look up Steal My Sunshine, there are only "low_url" videos available:

https://www.giantbomb.com/api/videos/?api_key=[KEY]&format=json&filter=video_show:25

stallmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By stallmer

I was also looking at Steal My Sunshine and noticed the same thing.

Similarly, the Persona 4 Endurance Run doesn't have any of the video URLs populated either.

low_url: null,

high_url: null,

hd_url: null

stegosaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It definitely seems like a change was made in the last 48 hours or so which removed URLs that used to be available. I have cached results that used to have URLs and if I re-query them today all URL fields are null. QLCrew seems to have broken links too.

panicswitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This was related to another video issue here - https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/bug-reporting-33/download-quality-options-disappearing-1904173/

As of this morning it should be resolved. It's worth nothing that videos and 2015 and earlier will likely have only `hd_url` and `low_url` options. This is again due to how the video bitrates have changed over the years. Also we offer more video quality options now than we did back then so many older videos don't have the same number of renders as we do now.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks so much for addressing this!