Giantbomb API Feature Requests

• 71 results
Wander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Speaking of GBTV, are there going to be specific api endpoints? Or is it already accessible somehow? Looking to add it to an app, and obviously don't want to just embed the unlisted youtube id.

Calvinball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Calvinball

@wander: It shows up in the /chats endpoint. Though the site_detail_url erroneously points to giantbomb.com/chat instead of giantbomb.com/infinite.

bgr11123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By bgr11123

Hey just wanted to pop in here and say that having search results return genres for the games as well as platforms would be a very nice addition as some other people have pointed out already. That way we can filter our search by those fields.

LookAYoYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello, first post here. I noticed that in the user_reviews api call, the documentation says that you can access the game feature, but that hasn't been working. I did notice that the api returns a wikiObject feature containing the game's name, which the documentation never mentions explicitly. It would be great to see the documentation reflect this. I'd also love to have a way to not just get the game's name from a user_review, but also the guid for the game. Maybe this issue is why when I access the games api, all the num_user_reviews == 0.

BravoJade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given I know a game id/guid and platform id/guid, it would be nice to be able to get the game's releases on that platform with 'developers' and 'publishers' fields.

If I hit /releases and filter by game and platform, I can't get developers/publishers without more requests to /release.

Releases on api/game/{guid} don't identify platform or respect platform filter, so I can't determine which one(s) I should request to get the platform release's developers/publishers.

kaninchen95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey there,

I was wondering if there was any more consideration to user data being supported by the API? I remember Dave Snider responding to this answer quite awhile ago saying that it was not available because of privacy concerns, but maybe in the future. Even just a username and display picture would be amazing!

Flamingmonky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi,

With the new watchlist feature it would be awesome if there was a way to expose it through the API. Even just an extra field on shows or videos saying if they are or not would be super useful.

trumad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey all :) Thank you for the rich API. The apps that it's enabled are great and really add to the enjoyment of Giant Bomb. Would it be possible for the API to tell apps where a user left off on a video, and for apps to tell the API where the user left off? I like being able to continue where I left off when I use the site, and I can do it on the apps as well - but the information isn't shared across the services.

That way I could watch a video on the site or on the app, and when I switch to a different app or back to the site I can continue where I left off. This would of course require the app developers to update the apps with the feature, and it's probably more complicated than I would hope? Would love your thoughts. Thanks!

TheHanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I would love to see better support for HTTP headers! Instead of putting the API key in the request URL, it could be sent as a bearer token using an Authorization header; instead of specifying the response type in the request URL, it could honor the requested Content-Type header.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

In the videos endpoint, I see a field/filter for video_show but there doesn't seem to be one for season within the show -- the site API appears to call this group_value. Unless I'm missing something, I like to request that field/filter.

thomasonfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

All I want to be added is the ability to speed up the videos. YouTube allows me to do this but I cannot on premium content. I am 60+ days behind and I will never catch up if I do not have the ability to speed up the content.

ryekun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#64  Edited By ryekun

Please add Nintendo Switch eShop platform.

carsend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 16

It be nice to query based on PC store (Steam, Epic Game Store, etc)

Kyary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to add a watchlist row to the Android TV app. Would it be possible to expose the watchlist through an endpoint? I don't really need to add/remove items from the watchlist (though that would be cool). Even just a list of video IDs would be sufficient.

Thank you for providing the API!

Mechajesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could episode notes get added as field for videos?

The deck field does not seem to provide that information and, unless I'm missing something, there currently does not appear to be a way to grab episode notes for a video. Example: For this We Be Drummin' video I would expect to be able to grab the list of songs in the episode notes under the video description.

XackyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By XackyB

Between the three platforms I usually watch Giant Bomb videos on, each app offers its own watchlist/subscriptions feature. I’d love to see these synced by exposure of a watchlists endpoint to developers.

forana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be nice to be able to sort the results of the search endpoint. I've noticed that the closer your search is to the name if the game you're looking for, the farther down the list actually is.

Shyam12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Shyam12

I was looking for apis to be able to post content on these forums, but I feel only its for reading content.