Getting in contact with GiantBomb

blakevanlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By blakevanlan

I am a college student at Kansas State University and I am attempting to start a website that functions similar to Craigslist but for buying, selling, and trading used console games. You can see that website at http://thegameshuffle.com/. I pull in data from the GiantBomb API so that I can validate all listings as being games. My problem is I have tried to contact GiantBomb in every way possible to get permission and have yet to get a response. Has anyone else been able to get in contact with a GB rep?

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By cornbredx

The darkadia guy uses it so he might know.

I would assume contact Dave. Lately, with the CBSi buy out things seem to be crazy with them right now but if anyone Dave would be the one to contact.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By James_Giant_Peach

No advertising.

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By snide

@blakevanlan said:

I am a college student at Kansas State University and I am attempting to start a website that functions similar to Craigslist but for buying, selling, and trading used console games. You can see that website at http://thegameshuffle.com/. I pull in data from the GiantBomb API so that I can validate all listings as being games. My problem is I have tried to contact GiantBomb in every way possible to get permission and have yet to get a response. Has anyone else been able to get in contact with a GB rep?

You have our permission to use the API.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By killacam

you do not contact giantbomb. giantbomb will contact you, if/when the time is right.

GoodKn1ght

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GoodKn1ght

Wow so I'm doing the same thing for a class. I too tried to contact dave through the email on api documentation page but no response. I wasn't sure if I even needed permission though because we aren't going to push the site live, it's just for a project, so we would never be making any profit from it. There was a part in the documentation though that said they can cut off your access at any time. I didn't want that to happen all of a sudden before we have to turn it in or anything.....

Washclof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Washclof

@GoodKn1ght: If you are following the TOS I really don't see it being an issue or why they would cut you off.

I have been using the API for a small mobile version of the site (built before they offered anything officially) and it has been up for 2+ years without any interruption.