Game Release calendar

Odie20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello everyone!

I've been playing around a bit with the API and thought it would be nice to have an internet calendar you can subscribe to which keeps track of all upcoming game releases. So I created a scraper that gets all game releases per platform and per region (US, EU, JP and AU) and did some magic to create a URL you can subscribe to in your favorite calendar app.

You can also search previous releases to quickly check when a game came out (no real intelligence there yet, just retrieves all releases that contain the text you enter) and add filters for specific regions and platforms.

Please have a look as I'm open to feedback!
https://whenisrelease.date

To limit the size of the ICS file (Google Calendar for instance has a 2MB or 1000 event limit) I only return releases between "today" and the next 5 years. It updates every night and I noticed Google Calendar updates 6-12 hours after that, so please be patient :)

I also ONLY look at the releases, and not the expected release date of a game (as this could differ per region/platform).
So I hope the community keeps the releases of each game updated to ensure my calendar is correct as well :D

Let me know what you think!
(Oh, and my VPS isn't very powerful so performance could be slow...)

IsacMcCall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this is an awesome idea and I'm so glad you were able to make it happen with the API. I'm sure a lot of gamers will appreciate having a game release calendar they can subscribe to. It'll be so much easier to keep up with all the new releases and make sure you don't miss out on anything.

StilesWigden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By StilesWigden

I know this thread is almost dead, but I couldn't resist chiming in since the post caught my attention. Great idea with the calendar - I'm always looking for ways to keep track of upcoming releases, and this sounds like a great way to do it! I'm sure it'll be really helpful to a lot of people and have success. I wish you all the best with it. Also, if you're looking for a convenient way to plan your time, I recommend a simple online tool for creating your personal 2023 calendar https://www.123calendars.com/2023-calendar.html and planning your daily activities. This service provides customizable templates and allows you to easily set up a calendar, depending on your preferences, indicate all the necessary dates and events, and effectively plan your time. Anyway, good luck with the project - I'm looking forward to seeing it in action!