Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Aug 07, 2008

The original Fire Emblem is remade and released for territories outside Japan with enhanced graphics, updated gameplay, and Wi-Fi Connectivity.

Drat! I don't know what to do! They keep dying on me!

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Willy105

I hate having to sacrifice a character just so others can live. You can only restart the game by turning it off only so many times until you realize someone has to die.

What was your most regretted sacrifice?

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By rallier

I played quite some of the previous Fire Emblem so i sacrificed the one that would be the least useful near the end being the old palandin since he would be nowhere as strong at max level up as a knight that got up to max level and then evolved into a paladin (i might be mixing classes up here since it has been a while). So no real regrets for me at that part.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Hailinel

I just restarted Shadow Dragon today.  In the prologue, I sacrificed Frey (poor bastard).  I wasn't able to get around to finishing the game when I first played it, but I fully intend to beat it this time around.

As for past Fire Emblem games, the final two battles in Radiant Dawn were a massacre.  I could not find a way to get through the second to last battle without someone dying, and ended up allowing Sigrun to be taken out.  During the final battle, which I beat on my first try, a large number of my units in the battle didn't make it out alive, or were severely wounded.  There wasn't much I could do for them since the final boss has area of effect attacks that cover pretty much the entire room and some of my characters with weak magic defense were killed in one shot.  I beat the boss, but let me tell you, that was one frantic battle.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By Willy105

One always has to die it seems for every level, si I have to find the new guy a fast and safely as I can.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By Hailinel
    @Willy105 said:
    " One always has to die it seems for every level, si I have to find the new guy a fast and safely as I can. "
    Well, not every battle is like that.  I do appreciate the idea, though.  If I know that some characters have to die in order for others to join my band, it keeps me from becoming OCD to the point that I'm resetting every time any of my characters die.
    Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Teran

No regrets here, just finished the game and I lost three people in total.  I sacrificed the old Paladin, and I lost two of three axe fighters you get in one of the following levels. 

Once I picked up the resurrection staff though I realized you can have a deathless game.  My strategy this time though was just buffing up all the pegasus knights I ended up with and late game I had a crew of 5 flyers would could destroy maps without support... heck Caedra could solo most maps by the end.  I elected not to pick up the spell and kept the orb that stopped weapon degredation and Caedra with the legendary lance was unstoppable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.