Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XV

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Nov 29, 2016

The fifteenth entry in Square Enix's flagship RPG franchise, set in a world that mixes elements of modern technology with magic, a fantasy based on reality.

Is the story now as good as it's going to get? (W/O DLC)

hunterob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hunterob

I've been on a Final Fantasy kick recently and put this one off after I heard the story was going to be more.. complete.. later. I have a PS4 copy installed and at the ready.

On the last episode of a certain podcast featuring GB alumni they were discussing whether story should be fixed at all (which I do not intend to discuss here). They were unclear on whether the story stuff has already been added or is going to be added. I was able to parse through Google that the latest patch did in fact add some cutscenes, but still no idea if there is still story which may be amended further down the road.

If that is all, I'd like to start the game now, even if the paid DLC adds to the main game as well. If not, I will move on to another massive RPG that was released recently instead.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

yes the updated story content is live , you can even select it as a standalone option rather than replay the whole game or reload an old save, and as far as i know that is the extent of any patched-in story content , at least outside of the dlc.

while there is plenty of planned dlc and future gameplay updates (such as co-op , additonal party members, events , more timed quests) I dont think the story itself will undergo any future changes.

Personally I actually enjoyed the story despite recognizing its flaws. I felt it was a brave and original method of storytelling for a final fantasy game, why dont you give it a go and tell me if im right or wrong :)

hunterob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

@envane: That's good to hear. I think I will give it a go, thanks!

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I'd like to replay Chapter 13 at some point to see the changes but I know I'll never get the time to do that.

The changes to chapter 13 don't fix the main issues with the games story which are having to watch the movies and anime to get any sense of the world's history.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

The story stuff they added was only about a minute long and does nothing to fix the problems with the game's overall story. Even if they do have other stuff planned it's not going to be anything of much substance so you might as well go ahead and play it now.

Even the paid DLC barely added anything.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.