Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy Tactics

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jun 20, 1997

Final Fantasy Tactics is an isometric turn-based strategy game with RPG elements set in the world of Ivalice. It follows the plight of Ramza Beoulve on his quest to obtain the 12 Zodiac Brave stones and stop the corrupt Church of Glabados from unleashing an ancient evil.

I could do with another.

Phillostrate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Phillostrate

I play a lot of video games, I mean it's probably unhealthy.  I assume most people who visit this site fall into a similar category.  That being said, I've often described this game as my all time favorite.  The replay factor is almost limitless.  The job system, coupled with the battle gameplay allow for playing the game again and again, but with completely different strategies.  Not to mention one of the deepest stories I've ever encountered in a video game.

So, how about a true sequel?  I don't mind an entirely new story that has nothing to do with the first one, but give me the job system and tactics.  I think if I could get a couple dozen like minded people to write some letters, the developers would totally listen. 

So, who's with me?

Come on.

Come onnnnn.

Avatar image for galvanizednails
    GalvanizedNails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By GalvanizedNails

yes! sequal! without a crappy kid friendly story like both the FFT Advanced games have

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Endogene
    GalvanizedNails said:
    "yes! sequal! without a crappy kid friendly story like both the FFT Advanced games have"
    to hell with kid friendly indeed, that really is keeping me from really enjoying that game
    FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By FLStyle

I'd be up for that, let's rock!

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By suneku

A true sequel would be great. I loved the original FFT, and the remake on the PSP was just way too awesome. I remember playing FFTA, being all excited and everything only to be disappointed.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By kush

I recently picked up the remake on the PSP when the price dropped because I have heard so many great things about it. I only played about a hours worth though, but I really wasn't feeling it...though I'm sure I would need to spend a little more time with it to really decide if it's my kind of game or not. Plus it was only $12 so if it's not for me...it's not like a wasted $40 or anything :)

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By suneku

Did you play the original on PS1?

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kush
    suneku said:
    "Did you play the original on PS1?"
    No...I have never played a FF game (of any type) for more than an hour...except a brief try with FFXI. I just never got into the jRPG games and their style. I really only seem to like Atlus games because I love their settings and style.
    suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By suneku

It gets funner as the game progresses. And I'm willing to bet you'll enjoy the story as it goes, and the widescreen cut scenes made for the PSP really enhances the story telling.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kush
    suneku said:
    "It gets funner as the game progresses. And I'm willing to bet you'll enjoy the story as it goes, and the widescreen cut scenes made for the PSP really enhances the story telling."
    I sure I'll probably come around with it...the battle system seemed to be pretty nice (though I heard the end become ridiculously easy). My friend, brukaoru, also lent me her copy of FFVII. So I will be checking out that game as well. I would like to actually give these games a chance...something I didn't really do when I was younger.
    suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By suneku

haha yeah, these games really need patience... something we all lack when we're young. And yeah it does get easy at the end, especially if you've been power leveling yourself.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kush

I remember the first time I went into the real first battle where you pick your group...I didn't really read the manual or pay attention so I ended up going in with just one person :P Not the best plan I must say.

Avatar image for galvanizednails
    GalvanizedNails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By GalvanizedNails

i wouldnt say that young people cant enjoy the FF games. I was playing the FF Tactics games when i was like 10 and enjoyed them, I guess i didnt really understand everything about them though :/

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14  Edited By danielkempster
    Kush said:
    "I remember the first time I went into the real first battle where you pick your group...I didn't really read the manual or pay attention so I ended up going in with just one person :P Not the best plan I must say."
    Haha, I did that too! :S

I'm 45 hours in now (playing the PSP version) and it's a fantastic game. I never got to play the game originally because I live in the UK, and we didn't get it on PS1. I loved Tactics Advance when it came out on the GBA but this makes it look shallow. My advice to you, Kush, would be to persevere, spend some time getting used to the mechanics, and you'll be rewarded with a brilliant story and some deeply involving and strategic gameplay.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ryanwho

If you haven't already, play the games this developer made before FFT, namely the two Tactics Ogre games. For all intents and purposes, they're spiritual prequels. Made by the same people, and have a similar tone battle system. However, if you die, you're dead for good. And they're a lot harder than FFT. Not for wimps.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By StaticFalconar

Try Valkyrie Chronicles.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.