Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy IV

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jul 19, 1991

Final Fantasy IV is a critically acclaimed RPG in the Final Fantasy series and one of the first of its kind to tell a heavily character-driven story. It also created the Active Time Battle system.

I've been playing videogames since 1995, just now played my first Final Fantasy...

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

My wonderful wife got me a SNES classic and SOMEHOW a shit ton of extra games found their way onto it. My first console was a PS1 and I sold my DS when i was a dumb teen, PSP was stolen, and I hate the chibi look of the steam remakes, so I never made it around to playing what cursory google searches tell me is the real "start" to the great Final Fantasy series.

Today alone I put 7 hours in (family was out without me for once don't judge me!) and I cannot overstate how much fun im having. Much more thoughtful story than I was expecting, and the combat is deep and challening enough to keep me engaged. I know this is as old as old news gets but I'm excited to be a part of this now!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Final Fantasy IV is a great Final Fantasy! I played the PSP version, which I still think is a pretty damn good game. So much crazy shit happens in that game. Final Fantasy V and VI are also both on the SNES and also just as great, if not better.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Looking back on it, FFIV has a ridiculously strong opening considering that it came off the back of FF3.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By TobbRobb

That's cool. You will have a very unique perspective by starting the old generation of FF before the new one in a modern environment. I'm glad to hear IV still holds up like this!

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FF 4 on a SNES classic i smell piracy, Nintendo !

All by all you should definitely try out the best FF, FF6, it comes STANDARD with your SNES classic.

Avatar image for deactivated-61f8244d70470
    deactivated-61f8244d70470

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

The SNES Final Fantasy trilogy are the best games in the series.

Definetly recommend a look at V and VI if you get the chance. Chrono Trigger is also a masterpiece and should be looked into.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

That's awesome. FF games are something so great. Actually, I am in the midst of trying to convince a friend, in a similar position as you, to play FF for the first time.

I agree with @imhungry that IV has an especially strong opening chapter.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I just got to the point where the kids turned to stone which was great, but now im suffering through abysmal inventory shit and weapons that dont tell you what they're made out of before heading to the magnet cave, maybe my translation sucks but none of the guides are lining up with any available equipment, very frustrating. Still like the game but this would have been a never play again situation before the internet for sure.

tfarcevol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtb08: This is my favorite final fantasy. The magnetic cave wont let you use any metal. That means only cloth or no armor. Yang will say his claws seem ok.Cid is good with his mallets. Dont stress about it too much. It is a gimmick dungeon. I wont give away the twist but you have a plot item in your inventory that will let you take on the dark elf with all your normal weapons and gear. Just get to him. Basically make everyone naked and use magic or run from fights until you do.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're better than me. Still haven't touched one, though I do know my first will be 6.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.