Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy IV

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jul 19, 1991

Final Fantasy IV is a critically acclaimed RPG in the Final Fantasy series and one of the first of its kind to tell a heavily character-driven story. It also created the Active Time Battle system.

Cautionary Tale about the Remake

maxx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By maxx77

One of the things added to this version of FFIV are the augments. Don't read any further if you absolutely don't want anything spoiled.

Still with me? OK. I acquired the Counter augment, which causes anyone who knows it to automatically strike back any time an enemy physically assaults them. Great thing for Cecil to have, since you are Cecil and therefore will always have Cecil in your party for the whole game. I gave the augment to him and made my way up Mt Ordeals with my two fledgling mage children, Palom and Porom. Well, the enemies on that mountain have a nasty tendency to put Cecil to sleep...

One of the times when Cecil conked out, I told Palom to wake him up with a friendly little tap on the noggin. "Hey, mister, hey, wake up!" Cecil woke up and took very little damage, just like in the original game. Apparently, Cecil is much meaner now than I remember. Immediately after waking, he initiated his counter attack for over 500 points of damage. My little mage child had 300 total hit points. To add extra insult to fatal injury, Cecil's sword will randomly cause Death on his enemies. The "Death" text appeared above the kid's head along with the 500+ points of damage he suffered. Cecil overkilled him.

What a prick.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By OmegaPirate

lol - what a motherf***er

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Endogene

hahahaha the bastard, similar thing happens when a party member is confused and attacks him... at least they snap out of it right away

maxx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By maxx77

Oooh good point, I forgot about confusion. That's gonna suck.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.