Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FIFA Soccer 09

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

EA Sports returns with the '09 edition of FIFA, a soccer simulation video game series. FIFA 09 features gameplay and graphic improvements from its predecessor, FIFA 08, as well as increased amount of players, leagues, and stadiums, and you have more control overall in the game.

PES Fanboys!

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MachoFantastico

They keep me amused, I'll admit I'm not fanboy of any football game. Having played nothing but FIFA from 1994-2001 I did eventually start playing PES. With PES 5 probably being the best, if not one of the best football games ever. But after last years terrible PES 08 I've decided to stick with FIFA now again. Thankfully EA Sports have got there act together and started producing new and interesting features, plus the gameplay is much improved. I think it was pretty poor of Konami to think they could have got away with PES 2008, I never was originally going to buy FIFA 08 but I ended up putting hours online into that game.

Plus, is it me or as the PES games lost some of there gameplay class? the gameplay in PES2008 was fun but felt super weird at times. Guess the same can be said for FIFA 08 aswell. I just find some of the comments they leave amusing concrning FIFA, they seem determined to stick to the death to that series, thats fine but after the poor game that was 2008 I do wonder whats the point!

Big question is if FIFA are becoming the top dog in football gaming again?

See you all online, remember to pass folks :)
    JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By JamesF

FIFA is the top dog again, no question. 10 vs. 10 online Be A Pro mode? Friggin' awesome.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By zitosilva

I don't know. I've always been a Winning Eleven fan, been playing it forever. Though I did hear some very good things about Fifa 2009 I've also heard that the new Winning Eleven (or PES) goes even farther, leaving Fifa 09 behind.

As I've said I have yet to try then. But it is the first time I feel tempted to even try a Fifa game since Fifa 96 for the Snes. So I guess it's safe to say they've maneged to do something very good this time around. I'm just not sure if it's better than Winning eleven.

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Lemegeton
    zitosilva said:
    Though I did hear some very good things about Fifa 2009 I've also heard that the new Winning Eleven (or PES) goes even farther, leaving Fifa 09 behind.

thats a load of bullshit where ever you heard that . i have played both and PES09 is just as bad as last years version. and im not a fanboy, i have been playing PES since its days on the PS1 and the last few versions have been terrible . FIFA is the better game now
    Landstander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Landstander

Its really tricky, i played fifa until the world cup 06 game, which i didn't enjoy at all, playing pro evo 5 and 6 which were amazing. Pro evo 08 was dire so i picked up fifa 09 and while i agree the football is realistic and its fun putting passes together, i find it really difficult to control players and be a pro is very frustrating, though i'll definately keep trying to get into the first team.

I'm back playing PES6 at the moment and really enjoying it, mainly because unlike the ultra realistic management mode of fifa, in the master league i'm able to sign high profile players and create a fantasy team. That and i dont feel like i'm fighting with my own players to get them to do what i want.
    SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By SSbabel

PES had its time, but FIFA's back, and it's kicking ass and taking names Chuck Norris styles.

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7  Edited By JamesF

PES has much worse graphics, and the gameplay just doesn't feel as fluid and real as FIFA's does.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.