Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FIFA Soccer 09

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

EA Sports returns with the '09 edition of FIFA, a soccer simulation video game series. FIFA 09 features gameplay and graphic improvements from its predecessor, FIFA 08, as well as increased amount of players, leagues, and stadiums, and you have more control overall in the game.

FIFA 09 gets a 9 from OPSM UK

deadly_polo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By deadly_polo

In the newest edition it got a 9 citing excellent new improvements and a better in game presentation.

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By samcotts

That's good to hear. Thanks for posting. I'm dying to get my hands on FIFA 09, no matter how good the line up of games for this fall is, I know I'll clock more hours up on FIFA 09 then any other game.

GagJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By GagJ

FIFA and PES really didn't do it for me last year, FIFA had better innovation with the whole third person playing thing, but PES just felt horrendous, I expect it to be the same this year

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By danielkempster
    GagJ said:
    "FIFA and PES really didn't do it for me last year, FIFA had better innovation with the whole third person playing thing, but PES just felt horrendous, I expect it to be the same this year"
    I was pretty disappointed by last year's PES but FIFA didn't interest me much either. I'll wait and see how PES turns out, probably rent it before I consider a purchase. It's nice to see FIFA is stepping up its game yet again, not too sure about the whole Live Season thing, though. Variable stats depending on real-life performance sounds great, but putting real-life injuries into the game sounds more annoying than anything.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.