Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry: Instincts - Predator

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Mar 28, 2006

A next-generation port of the original Far Cry Instincts as well as Far Cry Instincts: Evolution.

Did anyone here play Far Cry: Instincts?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I wish they made a new Far Cry that had a real sequel to Far Cry: Instincts (with Jack Carver). Not a sequel to the original PC version, not a sequel to Far Cry 2, and no, I wouldn't consider Evolution a sequel to Instincts, but more of an add on. I just put in Predator for the 360 since I was looking at my big collection of 360 games, and I remembered when I first played Instincts on the original Xbox. I fondly remember staying up all night at my old house, sitting in my room with a standard TV in the closet for a set up. I played both single player and map editor until I had to go to school for class pictures in 9th grade (I think). When I first played Predator on the Xbox 360, I wasn't very excited, but it was (and still is) OK.

Now that I put it back in my system and just looking at it as Jack Carver stands in the boat as he messes with his knife at the beginning, makes me think, "If there was a sequel to this, I'd buy it!", but I also imagine how great it'd look. I imagine tropical islands (yet again) with CryEngine 3-like graphics. I know that won't happen though, but it'd be cool. If not, I could stand for another remake with much updated graphics. I just really, really, really, want a sequel to this game. I was miffed that they took Far Cry in a new and different direction for FC2. GAH! So, would anyone else care for a sequel? Or has this game been pushed out of your memories from other games by now as well? I'm sure it has, but all I can think of now is, I want a sequel.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Oldirtybearon

Instincts was cool, but I remember at the time feeling burned out on FPS-protagonist-has-special-powers, and I wanted more of an original Far Cry experience. That said on its own, Instincts/Evolution/Predator was a good shooter with some neat ideas. I wouldn't be against a sequel to it, but after Far Cry 2 I'm a little more interested in what they'd come up with next.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By NTM
    @KingWilly:
    Oh yeah, I didn't mention, the whole "Instincts" part, wasn't what had me interested in Instincts. It was just about everything else. I just finished playing predator, and everything is fine except for the terrible sensitivity.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.