Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 5

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Mar 27, 2018

The fifth main entry in the open-world series, this time set in Montana. The protagonist must free Hope County from the cult known as Eden’s Gate, led by cult leader Joseph Seed.

Changing Language to English

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Can you change the language back to English in this game? I am in EU and the game auto-picked my local language (Czech) for both the subtitles and menus. I Can switch the subtitle language but there is no option to switch the menus. The game is still downloading, mybe that's it? I'm on Xbox. I played FC4 on PS4 and had no issues with this.

hnke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don’t have an Xbox but I would guess it is governed by your system language or region. I’m not surprised they don’t have an option for this considering FC4 doesn’t even let you load previous saves.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@quipido@hnke Yes, the Xbox One picks your game language based on your system language. You can change the language in your system settings without changing your region.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Quipido

@isomeri: @hnke: My Xbox is set ti English from the day I got it, any other suggestions?

I played through the prologue, there are translation errors all over the place, it's really bad. It's the sort of thing when this game was translated by someone who didn't see it in context, so even basic text on the map is incorrect ("controlled by: name" is in a wrong format and it would be obvious if you just see the label once, but nope). This really ruins my enjoyment of the game, If I knew this, I wold just order it from Britain amazon to get the English version.

EDIT: I changed the region and that worked, thank you for pushing me in that direction. It's weird now because I now have the UK store, but I can switch back once I'm done with FC5. Solved, but what a clunky mess!

EDIT2: After logging in back to the game, it switched back to Czech, but there is now a language option in the menu for manual switching. What the hell? The game is still installing so that was not the issue.

EDIT3: I switched my Xbox region back to Czech, just out of curiosity, started the game again and now it works as I wanted it too, all in English, all options can be changed in the menu.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.