Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 5

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Mar 27, 2018

The fifth main entry in the open-world series, this time set in Montana. The protagonist must free Hope County from the cult known as Eden’s Gate, led by cult leader Joseph Seed.

Are you enjoying this game?

• 99 results
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Are you enjoying this game? (711 votes)

Yep, a whole lot! It's great. 21%
    Somewhat. It's fine. 21%
    Not really. 6%
    I didn't buy it, but plan to at some point. 10%
    I didn't buy it, and I don't plan on doing so. 11%
    I didn't buy it, and I'm not sure if I should. Let's see the choices. 24%
    Other. 6%

I am not sure if I should get this, but right now I'm on the side that I might not. I don't know though, I want to see what you all think of it. How does it compare to the previous ones? The story, the setting/exploring, the gameplay.

• 
    Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing co op and having a blast with it

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, its Far Cry. I knew what to expect and its just that.

AdamALC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup, it is more Far Cry.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamlcook: @atastyslurpee: Great I suppose, but if you're enjoying it, how does it compare to the previous ones though (mainly two, three and four)?

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm said:

@adamlcook: @atastyslurpee: Great I suppose, but if you're enjoying it, how does it compare to the previous ones though (mainly two, three and four)?

I would say that if you liked those games, your will probably like this one?

Exploring the open world is more organic than previous FC games, although somewhat similar to FC2. Jeff mentioned it in his review, but you are not climbing towers to open the map; you discover areas by going into them, looking at them through your binoculars, finding maps, or through NPCs. The combat loop feels about the same as the previous FC games. For better or worse, the perk system is not gated by progression trees. Once you have the necessary points, you can spend them on any perk (there are a few exceptions, though).

So far, the story is not that great (I am about 6-7 hours in). I will say I did not think the stories in the other FC games were all that great either. While the other games did not have great stories, some of them did have somewhat interesting antagonists (Pagan Min, Vaas). If you are coming to FC5 for the story, you will probably be disappointed. However, for me, FC games are about making your own fun and discovering the open world.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yes, but the best thing about the game is the ability to do co-op and they fucked that up on so many levels, being tethered to each other, not getting progress if you're not hosting, not getting (most) achievements. It just seems baffling, especially since Ghost Recon: Wildlands, a Ubisoft game, did it right with 4 players and a much bigger map.

Other than that it's another Far Cry game with less interesting progression and a more bland location.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's okay, it feels like it was written by 500 different people though.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like other people said it`s more Far Cry and if you liked 3 and 4 you will probably like this too. They have both added and removed enough stuff that it stops the game from feeling too similar compared to the previous games. As someone already mentioned towers are no longer a thing and you`re no longer crafting bags and holsters which means hunting is now completely optional and only gives you money. They have also added companion characters to the game which I have actually really enjoyed so far. The prepper caches which are short optional puzzle/platforming challenges have also been a lot of fun so far.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It feels like Ghost Recon Wildlands and Dying Light had a baby. I'd probably be a little bored if I was playing it alone, but it's a lot of fun in co-op. I wish the perk and money systems were faster and more immediate. I'm not sure why so many reviews are talking about and focusing on the story. Far Cry and 97% of all other FPS don't have a good story.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstriker: I think it's because if you tout a game to have something, the person writing a review will have to say something about it, regardless of expectation. Plus, they could have done something with it, so any possible potential means it's worthy of discussion or mention.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm said:

@deathstriker: I think it's because if you tout a game to have something, the person writing a review will have to say something about it, regardless of expectation. Plus, they could have done something with it, so any possible potential means it's worthy of discussion or mention.

Focusing on the story in a review or article just seems misguided. That's like spending half or most of a review about Battlefield on its campaign, when people obviously aren't buying it or interested in Battlefield's campaign. If a reviewer likes or dislikes the story that should be mentioned, but I don't think it should be the focus.

AdamALC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: I didn't enjoy 2 so I can't really speak much to that, but as for 3 and 4 it is the same game in a different place. There are some structural difference that ape the layout of ghost recon wildlands but mostly it is another far cry game. Doesn't do anything particularly new, takes a step back in my opinion with the perk system but it plays the same otherwise.

The story is forgettable like all of the previous entries, the NPC's are over the top caricatures, and there is enough variety to do what you like. Basically if you enjoyed the other games and don't mind doing that again it is a good game. If you didn't I would pass.

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I put down "not really", but when it's good it's good.

There's a lot of annoying issues, like taking to an NPC and they run away when Boomer comes over screaming for help.

Or people waiting to get liberated getting hit by a car, getting up now not handcuffed, yelling for people to save them as they walk around freely.

There was one mission where you have to take out some drugged animals and enemies, but everyone in the world is so constantly on edge that the enemies started attacking the animals and vice versa that I only had to take one or two out, everything else just took care of itself.

kid_gloves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kid_gloves

The story is all over the place, it isnt so simple as "the story is bad" its more like it wildly goes between interesting and decently executed moments to jarringly poorly executed and out of place moments, the end result may be "another mediocre unimportant video game story" but moment to moment it is never mediocre. I will say that visually the game is doing a bang up job at all times, it is colorful and interestingly presented, so maybe more style over substance here.

The gameplay is by far the best the series has ever had, I have recently played a good chunk of Far Cry 4 and I can say that it seems they have really ramped up the wacky sandbox who knows what is going to happen next stuff. I have been saving videos of all the insane open world moments I have had and its been a lot so far. Exploring the world is a delight, if you dig just poking around a big beautiful world then this is fantastic for that. The preppers caches are a small but very very good addition that makes the world and exploration feel more worth it.

People haven't been talking about the OST much but it is really fantastic. You may have heard some of the classic country, bluegrass, and folksy stuff from some videos or previews (it plays all the time in the menus) but the game also has some really weird genre mashups that I dont even know how to really describe, some ambient... some electronica, some real creative and good stuff there. Of note to me is in one of the game areas that is heavily about the drug aspects of the game the music often takes on a kinda disturbing dissonant tone that is kinda rad.

If you can ignore or just kinda tolerate the main plot stuff (and some groan worthy jokes in some side missions) then the game is kinda fantastic, the best of its kind. If you dont think you can do that or if you are absolutely burned out on Far Cry style games then look elsewhere. The game makes significant improvements to the Far Cry formula but doesn't fundamentally change what the fundamentals are of the series.

Edit: I forgot that yes the game is buggy in that open world AI sort of way, a bit more than the previous couple of games have been. I find that stuff to be often kinda hilarious, but it can at times be annoying.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

I'm not super far into it yet so I guess I can't comment on a lot of the issues people seem to be running into as it wears on. I will say that I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far. It looks gorgeous and it plays better than any previous entry in the series. The firefights feel seriously fantastic when the shit hits the fan. I also really like the light puzzle elements in the environment. Makes the exploration feel slightly closer to a Bethesda open world.

There are just enough small improvements and new mechanics to make it not feel like a carbon copy of FC4. The only thing I'm really disappointed by so far is the lack of gnarly healing animations. I really miss those.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I'm only a few hours in but so far I'm having a lot of fun with it. There are too many random enemy encounters on the roads, but bringing along an AI buddy makes things a bit easier. I just bought a sniper rifle last night and am looking forward to bringing that thing out, but the bolt-action rifle seems like it might be the best bet for approaching camps when I get a scope for it. Runs great on Ultra on a 1080ti, too.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ares42

I've had a decent time with it so far, but I've run into several bumps along the road. Firstly, whoever decided that planes should be controlled with the keyboard on PC is a madman. Secondly, I ran into Faiths area first (which seems like it's supposed to be the last area) and the spawning dudes and animals out of nowhere got old fast. Third, I've tried and tried with the fishing in this game, but the controls and feedback is awful. Sure, it's easy to fish normal fish but try anything hard and it's a nightmare. Maybe you just have to have a better rod or it's pointless. Fourth, the patrolling planes and helicopters man. Combined with the spawns in the drug area this game is almost back to Far Cry 2 levels of bullshit. I've even had patrols shoot me down during races because I was randomly passing by their route. There's also some really strange things with mission progression at times, like you're doing a mission, but you're not doing or something.

I'm also not a huge fan of the new quest trail approach. I realize towers has become a trope, but having to talk to 50 random NPCs to get spoon fed info isn't any better. Also it's just a rip-off from Arkham, so it's not like they're revolutionizing anything. I like uncovering new areas in small chunks at a time, it compartmentalizes the game to make it more approachable. Sure, the act of unlocking the scan hasn't been very inspired for a long time, but there's potential there at least, not just some bland lines from a bland character for the twelfth time.

Still, outposts are still fun. Some of the missions and characters are engaging, and just running around in the forest is enjoyable.

Edit: Oh, I forgot, the one boss fight I've done so far was TERRIBLE.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always be rolling. Some of the VIPs I've run across have been crazy bullet-sponges (but one of them did drop an LMG that did wonders for me for the next half-hour of gameplay or so).

kid_gloves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will suggest that people definitely get a couple of health upgrades early on, the game seems balanced around you not ignoring those even if you are stealth first and some of the story missions can be hard if you do not take them... especially the final story missions in the first area (John Seed).

@rorie Early on I had the same problem with VIPs but at some point they are no longer much of a problem at all.... It is odd since there is no real damage upgrade other than maybe better weapons. The weapons system though seems more geared towards what types you prefer more than greater damage. I found that automatic weapons are definitely better than semi-auto for rifles, the damage increase is far outdone by the dps of an auto weapon.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#22  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Yeah, I'm having a great time with it. It's been a while since Far Cry 4, so I'm down for another one of those. I was hoping my 1080 could run it at 4k on the highest settings at a solid 60 fps, but I suppose that's asking too much. Instead I've settled on ultra at 2k, 60 fps. The world is gorgeous and while the story is a Far cry story it's got me somewhat invested at least. First time playing one of these games on a m/k and it feels amazing. I'm not far enough in to have any solid opinions on the content though. All I'll say it it's got an interesting premise and I look forward to seeing more.

Dispossession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dispossession

I’ve been enjoying the game a lot more than I was earlier into the game. Co-op has definitely been fun as well despite the progression being garbage. The open world shit that happens has been pretty funny too. I have a nice clip list going on my Xbox feed.

However, this game is buggy as shit or at least it has been for me. I am playing on the X and I’ve had a few crashes, and without trying to spoil anything, there’s a story mission involving planes that was an absolute hot mess to get through.

n00bs7ay3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, this game is kind of bad. The story is completely uninteresting, which is fine, Far Cry 3 and 4 both had that problem and those games were still great. That alone would not be enough for me to dismiss this game. But something even bigger seems off. I can't quite put my finger on it. The game almost seems too busy. You can literally stand in one spot on a road and shit will constantly come to you. You will always have something to do even if you never move. That in itself is a bit of a problem but the biggest issue I have is that it is all so bland and none of it is challenging. I am still very early on so maybe once I adjust to the games paces I will change my mind but right now I just don't find anything about it interesting, at least playing solo.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having an absolute blast with it so far. I disagree with Jeff, I like the new progression system a lot more. Having to hunt animals was fine in 3 but it's always been tedious. Now I'm just constantly getting perks as I move through the world murdering everything in my way. Im also enjoying the companion system that was amazing in Primal and now it's a bit better because everyone has different defined roles.

The story is whatever. It's a far cry game, they all have bad stories just like most video games. The setting is great though. The things I don't like are that there are enemies everywhere constantly spawning around you. It's a bit too busy. I also don't like that most of the weapons and perks are the same as past far cry games.

Overall I really like it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
    deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Server checks and MTX in single-player game == no buy for me. I'll play one of the older ones. Don't care massively about the story.

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm said:

@wardcleaver: How is the soundtrack?

That is a good question. So far, the licensed stuff that I heard was not my taste, with the exception of one song. That song is "Barracuda" by Heart; it plays during a mission where you drive this vehicle. I know that is a vague description, but I am trying to avoid spoilers. Anyway, I thought that song kinda fit the action. The other song I recognized was "Born on the Bayou" by Creedence Clearwater Revival. I should add that one of the stations plays this cult song on loop. Not The Cult, but the in-game antagonists.

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By wardcleaver

I will have to agree with the criticism some posters have made about too many things happening at once. Although, it does make it kinda cool to find a nice secluded spot near a body of water so that you can fish in peace.

CountPickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fall somewhere between "Somewhat. Its Fine" and "Yep, a whole lot! It's great.".

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By poobumbutt

Blah blah, it's Farcry blah blah, I knew what to expect blah blah, having fun with it, it's fine. As I'm sure many people have said, I would have been happy with a great story, characters, etc. but I will survive without them.

It should do fine holding me over while I wait for Yakuza 6 to come out and give me what I really want. 'Til then, hey, shotguns are still a pretty fun weapon!

Mikey2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 20

Although I find it ridiculous that it's a silent protagonist....i'm having a good time overall. I really like the exploration, and the combat. The buddy system is nice (although when you get two and they 'talk' to each other, the novelty wears off after you hear the same conversation for the 10th time in as many minutes. I've cleared out a large majority of one territory (John's), and it's nice to know there are still two to go. Like others have said, it's more Far Cry. If you liked the previous ones, you'll like this one.

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wish I could downgrade my answer to lower than "not really". All the chaos doesn't seem like "emergent gameplay", more like general chaos.

How can someone I'm supposed to talk to be in conflict, when we just killed everyone together on a mission. Oh now you're running off? Cool, I didn't want to finish this mission anyways.

Why bother clearing an area when you'll fast travel back there and it's full of enemies again?

When I rolled up on Nick's airport to start that mission, he was under attack. So we cleared that out, then I did the mission, but at the end of it we had to kill the same bunch of dudes. So was the first ambush part of the mission or just everyone being on 110% aggro all the time.

Maybe I'd be enjoying myself if you could get a second to enjoy the world they've built. Too bad if you're within a stone's throw of any road you're bound to be attacked.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
    deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm almost finished with the game (halfway through the last island) and boy, this is some of the worst writing I have seen in a AAA video game in a while. It is not just generic bad, it is awful. I hate every single character in this game, I hate every single line they utter. I don't care what twist they pull at the end, there is no way of salvaging this mess.

I have had fun shooting dudes though.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@mikewhy: I feel the same way you do. I thought I was the lone 'not really' guy. I guess people just want more mindless fun, but I feel its bag of tricks in that department are all done. I'll still play it, I don't exactly hate it, but it's not more than a 2 star game for me.

TOA_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Mechanically, it's fun; there's lots of stuff to do, if you enjoy the general structure of a Far Cry game, you'll like it. The story is perhaps the worst thing i've ever seen in a video game. I just could not dislike it more. And the ending really solidified that opinion.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

@mikewhy: I'm kinda starting to feel the same way. I'm still tackling my first region, but after only a few hours it has turned into utter chaotic nonsense. Now, I really like that to an extent, but it's almost nonstop here. I don't remember FC4 just constantly bombarding you with encounters out of the blue. It really makes those "emergent moments" feel less special because everything just seems to be coming to you all the time. It took me two hours just to do a side quest for taking out 3 convoys because on my way to each one I was triggering all sorts dudes just rolling by me and getting into fights every few feet. Like, calm the FUCK down, game. I would really like some quieter moments to break up the action.

Even still, I'm having a lot of fun with it, and those crazy moments have lead to some great laughs and/or neat heroic feats.

Today I did realize that there are no vehicle takedowns in the game. Uh...why, Ubisoft? WHY would you just do away with the coolest feature in FC4? That makes zero sense and automatically reduces the excitement of the car chases by a considerable degree.

Ungodly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw a guy get killed by a turkey, and it was funny... Till it happened again, and I just couldn’t help thinking about how ridiculous it is that a bad tempered man with a machine got killed by a turkey. So the game is fine, but I can’t see it holding me for longer than a week. The story is uninteresting, and I’m having a difficult time giving a shit about anything. So I’m not really that motivated to play.

Plus am I the only person noticing that when you’re stealthily moving around, the A.I. seems hyper aware of everything you’re doing? I was using the bow, and even when I kill a guy no one is around, everything goes on high alert. No alarms, but the enemies run straight to my location, and I end up having to go Rambo mode, which isn’t really a problem since almost all of the bad guys are morons.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3ffefcbe91e
    deactivated-5b3ffefcbe91e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My best advice would be to use your perk points on extra weapons slots asap and then carry a rocket-launcher at all times. It will make being dogged by enemy choppers a lot easier when you're trying to explore. Grace is surprisingly good at sniping their pilots too, if she doesn't die first. Also, stealth doesn't seem like a consistent option. Outposts seemed to turn hostile even when I did silent takedowns and moved the body. Basically this game got more fun the more reckless I played.

The game world looks incredible on my XB1S, even though it doesn't feel particularly lived in. Once I got over the bad writing and just saw it as a sandbox for vehicle hijinx, mountaineering, and gunplay, it was easily worth the purchase in the end.

StanleyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without writing a huge review, my basic impressions after about 16-18 hours of play. It's a decent Far Cry game, but for a few steps it takes in directions away from the past of FC, it takes a few back as well. There's a lot of things I like about it, but at the same time there's a few things that are making not want to keep playing. I have been having assorted technical issues with the game (it is super glitchy and the AI is unusually bad for a Ubisoft game), but I won't really hold that against the game too much. The 3 main complaints I have with this game:
    1. The stealth is not very good and highly unpredictable. I love doing games like this with stealth options, and it feels like the game really fights against this in a way that hasn't really been a problem since FC2. It feels like the deck is always stacked against you. Enemies can see you from dozens of yards away if you are above some arbitrary height limit, but you can literally not be seen if you standing 2 feet in front a dude so long as you are crouching and and stationary. It's totally random at times what enemies will see and what they won't. It's difficult to really plan effective assaults, and since enemies all magically coordinate on your location instantly (even enemies that are called in) it gets pretty frustrating, to me at least. Having played GR Wildlands for, like, 60 hours or something, maybe I'm just spoiled by that game's much tighter approach to tactical shooting, but FC5 funnels you into action set pieces and firefights and shit in a way that does not feel comfortable to me. The fighting can be chaotic fun, but....I dunno, they really shouldn't con people into stealth/sniper gameplay being an option if they're not going to let it be.

2. The progression is not that great. Most games, even open world ones, tend to give the player a sense of conquering over the world slowly and getting more powerful or at least having an upper hand the enemy does not. In this game, it's totally the opposite for reasons that are not remotely coherent with the setting or story. The better you do at beating the cult, the more powerful they get, which makes no sense. I expected more help and more support from NPCs as you get further in the game, but nothing like that happens at all. The roads and lands and skies are all still crawling with enemies no matter how many outposts you liberate or whatever.... You get basically no help other than the companions who, all told, really aren't much help overall. I mean, a dozen cult members can show up to an occupied location crawling with friendly NPCs, and most of them feel like they have no effect in the game at all, they just die instantly like background decoration, you have to clean up, and then the next day there will magically be more useless people there. The weapon unlocks (that you have to pay for) are sparse and pathetic, with the game actually expecting you to pay TWICE for the exact same weapon and all it's upgrades just to get a unique skin. I really do not understand what the hell they were thinking with the terrible weapon progression other than maybe they thought people would pour money into microtransactions just to buy more stuff, even though there isn't much stuff? I don't get it at all.

3. Maybe this sounds petty, but I really cannot fucking stand games with forced story missions/stages that completely break the flow of the game, and FC5 is pretty bad on that level, if not awful. Without going into spoilers, basically every time you level up the Resistance rank of any region, the game FORCES you to complete a shitty story-based mission where the gimmick is usually "oh, you have no weapons again" or "oops, there's a time limit for no reason" or something a long those lines. These missions cannot be avoided and the reason why is SO stupid I don't even want to go into it here, but it is the CLUMSIEST, DUMBEST method I think I have ever seen in a video game to rip a player out of an open world, do-what-you-want environment and funnel you into a pre-designed level/situation.

So..I dunno...I gotta say I'm disappointed by this. I know people will hate me for saying this, but I honestly feel like FC Primal was a better game than this in so many ways.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Usually I don't care so much about narrative, but Far Cry 5's story is mind-numblingly distractingly stupid. And not stupid in a "these characters are the worst" kind of way Far Cry 3 was. Stupid as in nothing that happens holds up to even the slightest scrutiny if you think about it for more than 5 seconds.

Look, I get it. Video-games require a certain level of suspending disbelief and for the most part I'm happy to do that. But do you really expect me to believe that no one is going for help? Do you really expect me to believe that no one is going to notice a federal marshall is missing when he, you know, doesn't come back from making an arrest? Do you really expect me to believe this cult happens to know exactly where I am every time I hit some arbitrary threshold in a region?

And don't get me started on that ending:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . So somehow the cult has nuclear weapons that it uses to blow up the entire county? What? . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . .

And the most frustrating part is that the game doesn't even try in the slightest to work its way around any of it. The writers' answer to so much of this shit is: "yeah, but like, drugs man." It's literally some of the laziest nonsense I think I've seen. And nevermind the fact that they shouldn't have to imagine how a cult taking over a town in America would look. Because it already happened. Might have paid to do a little research beforehand.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#42  Edited By handlas

As someone who hasn't played Far Cry since the first one... I'm enjoying it :). Feels like a Just Cause game but good? But, I feel like everything looks... grungy? Kind of like someone took all the textures in the game and used the Photoshop sharpen filter 20 times.

Also, is stealth viable? Jeff mentioned he felt enemies would be alerted no matter what so maybe that's tainted my opinion. But I went up to one base and stealth knocked out a guy that was all alone with a baseball bat and it immediately alerted the entire base???

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I was thinking about how silly it is how many times you get captured and set free in this game, and how it makes no sense, unless.... What if the game went all Spec Ops on you ? How great would it be if they made a Far Cry game that did that ? I mean, for every sequel the "psycho(s)" has gotten more and more bland, so mixing it up with a complete lunatic that just goes around murdering his own people would be a a way to capture that shock value again.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The runnin' around is real good in this game. So yeah still enjoying it.

The story seems bad though and not in that hand wave away excuse of "Oh its a dumb video game story" or "Well it's a Far Cry story" but instead of attempting to hit a very low bar they have opted to burrow beneath it.

deerokus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's the best Far Cry since 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
    deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is my game bugged or am I'm missing something I need to do for the final part?

I just cleared all the three islands by killing the bosses and destroying the bunkers. After I beat the last one I got the cutscene with Joseph Seed acting all nutty but then nothing happened. No new quest marker or anything. I went back to the church where the game starts at thinking that's where I need to go but it's empty.

EDIT: Was a bug but I managed to trigger it and finish the game, finally.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell said:

The runnin' around is real good in this game. So yeah still enjoying it.

The story seems bad though and not in that hand wave away excuse of "Oh its a dumb video game story" or "Well it's a Far Cry story" but instead of attempting to hit a very low bar they have opted to burrow beneath it.

LOL.

I keep wanting to get this game because late game The Surge has me yelling at the TV. I need something fun and crazy. But then I read these comments and I think; 'Not Like This!'

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do want someone to sit down with this dev team and explain to them calmly that not every animal in the world is a bloodthirsty predator.

A fuckin' turkey tried to kill me and my dog, unprovoked.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell said:

I do want someone to sit down with this dev team and explain to them calmly that not every animal in the world is a bloodthirsty predator.

A fuckin' turkey tried to kill me and my dog, unprovoked.

I'm back on board!

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.