Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EarthBound

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Aug 27, 1994

A 1994 role-playing game starring a young boy named Ness on his quest to save the world. The game and its quirky humor have garnered a dedicated cult following among RPG fans.

If Earthbound was to be a Movie, Would you Like it be a Cartoon or Not a Cartoon?

TheGamer9182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll If Earthbound was to be a Movie, Would you Like it be a Cartoon or Not a Cartoon? (36 votes)

Cartoon 83%
    Not a Cartoon 17%

Earthbound was a great game, and it would be awesome if it was a movie, so if it was a movie, would it be a cartoon or not?

• 
    JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I think really interesting approaches could be done both ways. I think my real question would be how Japanese it would be. If it was super Japanese I would rather it was animated as I can't handle Japanese acting. If it was like a Scott pilgrim or a Wes Anderson movie, I'd pick live action.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Flappy

Live-action adaptions are often very hit-or-miss, so I feel like an animated film would be just fine. A Scott Pilgrim-esque film would be cool too, but I don't see how they'd do the casting without having to take some creative liberties with the source material.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Child actors suck, so cartoon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c26fd6917af0
    deactivated-5c26fd6917af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I feel like the game would translate very well into an 80s live action movie.

Just need to get Henry Thomas as Ness.

Avatar image for nicktorious_big
    nicktorious_big

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By nicktorious_big

If they wanted to keep the feel and the charm of the game, the best option would probably be a cartoon. I doubt live-action would do this game justice!

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I guess it all comes down to who is working on the movie. If Pixar was making the movie I would want it to be animated. If someone like Terry Gilliam was making the movie, I would want to see how he would approach a live action Earthbound.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

Animate that shit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.