Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EarthBound

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Aug 27, 1994

A 1994 role-playing game starring a young boy named Ness on his quest to save the world. The game and its quirky humor have garnered a dedicated cult following among RPG fans.

Any chance we're gonna see a new Earthbound now?

jdw519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By jdw519

Seems like people have been clamoring for a new "Kid Icarus" game for awhile, and Nintendo has finally done it. Any chance Earthbound is finally gonna make it's way to the US? Both Kid Icarus and Ness were in the latest Super Smash Brothers so Nintendo knows fans like both properties, maybe this is just wishful thinking. 

captainzhao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By captainzhao

It is wishful thinking. Itoi probably won't make a fourth. The least unlikely thing is a compilation of the Mother games, but there's not much chance of that getting out of Japan if it's ever made.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By xyzygy

I don't know why they won't just release a compilation. God I want to play those games.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Diamond

Mother 3 took almost 10 years to create and they never even released it in the US.  No, there's no chance of another Earthbound at all.

On the plus side Mother 3 has an English translation and is an amazing game, so play that.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By CaptainTightPants

Compilation on the DS would be great.

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6  Edited By nukesniper

I doubt it. I thought we had a better chance when Smash Bros had Lucas in it. Marth and Roy in Smash got their versions of Fire Emblem into the US, but we never got Mother 3.  

I hope we get Mother 1 and Mother 3 at some point, but I highly doubt it at this point.

Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
    auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By auspiciousqueue

We will get one when there is world peace, they discover Atlantis, they make a new Chrono game and when leprechauns ride unicorns. I'm waiting for this day.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.