Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dungeons & Dragons Online

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Feb 28, 2006

Play as Humans, Dwarves, Elves, Halflings, and more in this 2006 MMO based on the beloved pen-and-paper RPG, and developed by Turbine, Inc.

D&DO now in the free to play part of Steam

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By fox01313

Just finished downloading it & going to see if anything is left on the trial account from ages ago though I feel I'll start over regardless. Anyone else going in to try this out to see what it's all about or what all has changed?

Once I figure out characters/server info I'll put that up if there is any of the server stuff on the f2p version.

Edit-just got through the intro area & finding this a gem of an mmo/rpg in at least how it treats rogues with traps/hidden doors (always felt WoW ignored most of this to just make rogues combat only). I might be able to answer a few questions people might have on this from my impressions so far, the mmo is good for many things but combat still feels a little loose & would love to have a button to just grab nearby loot. Went with the Thelanis server using ShadyRaven for my rogue.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

I haven't played in forever but if we settle a GB server I will totally play again. I love this game for no good reason really. I last played last year btw so ask me anything.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By kindgineer

@Irvandus said:

I haven't played in forever but if we settle a GB server I will totally play again. I love this game for no good reason really. I last played last year btw so ask me anything.

Let's do this, that game is purely made for community events and progression. I would love to see a GB server and guild running so we can get some of the best content under our belt.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ck1nd: I'll see what the process is like to make a guild in the game, if we can strike up enough interest I'll throw in some points to starting one.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By fox01313

@Irvandus: Looked in on it myself, it's 150 turbine space bucks to get the charter (quick link to it by pressing O for the social), after that I'm not sure but seen some of the guild airships that are there makes it look a pretty good idea. Always liked that with Age of Conan, DDO & others where you can create some kind of customized area for specific guilds.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Gargantuan

Any European duders that want to play DDO? 

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By JCTango

@fox01313: Played this mmo for almost about half a year year or more when it went f2p - bought some content packs and did a lot of epic quest running with a core group of people - it's pretty fun for what it is, but eventually I got bored/tired/fed-up (fed up mostly with greedy people who keep looted gear amongst themselves instead of sharing with others that helped them get them).

I'd join ya, but my server is khyber; and I also have no motivation to load that game back up... :(.

Monk is pretty fun to play btw - if you ever decide to go premium or buy the points for it.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

It's been years since I played it but I have good memories of it.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By supamon

I downloaded it and keen to try it out when I have time. Would be cool to play together with some GB folks if I can get into it.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Gargantuan

Are the servers divided into Europe and North America zones?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gargantuan: Last time I checked they were.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By xymox

@ck1nd said:

@Irvandus said:

Let's do this, that game is purely made for community events and progression. I would love to see a GB server and guild running so we can get some of the best content under our belt.

Just downloaded it on steam, and found it surprisingly interesting. I enjoy the GM-esque commentary during quests, it's like a nerdy surprise every time. Even really mundane things like looting a thing is a huge deal when the voice comes on. It's like, dude, it's just a key I looted... but if it's that important, I'll hold on to it.

Could definitely see myself playing this for a long time, but not solo. So a GB server and guild could be pretty cool.

Fisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Fisco

I'd be totally down to play this with some GB duders such as yourselves.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.