Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Duke Nukem

Franchise »

Duke Nukem is a series of shooting games that follow the adventures of their titular character. The series had become the subject of ridicule for the 14-year development cycle of what was to be the sequel to mega-hit Duke Nukem 3D.

Has Everyone Lost Hope?

354wcww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 354wcww

Just wondering if anyone else there still believes? 
    In my opinion, the game will be released within the next few years. 
    Why? Because Duke Nukem will pull in some serious cash, secondly 2K had their DS triolgy of Duke Nukem initially planned for 2010 (im sure they are not going to abandon all there effort and money spent on that), and because 3D realms is running low on money and have somehow gotten government funding. Recently they had gained money from the government inorder to pervent from going into bankruptcy, and despite how much people may believe the government is no fool. Inorder of them to gain the funding they must still have a large/decent size amount of employees working for them and had to show their plans for the game.  
    The reason i believe the game is almost complete is because the government would not invenst their money in something which was going to go bankrupt a couple days later, or something which didn't maintain a larger amount of jobs. Meaning they still have a large portions of jobs left, the next Duke Game could be the next announcement which the well known 3D realms developer is planning. Or the announcement may be comming!  

Haha, just wanted to vent out my fustration with people who have lost faith, people who make rude jokes towards the game and developers repeating the same joke about a billion of times, and worst of all, little ignorant kids and teenagers whom disrespect the franchise thinking DOOM and Duke Nukem 3D are retarded, unable to comprehend why people liked them believing that everyone should of just played MW2, Halo 3, and Gears Of War 2. 

Remember guys, "Allways Bet on Duke" because its coming "When Its Done."

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Linkyshinks

I will never lose hope, but that doesn't mean I'm waiting impatiently for it, that wont happen until it's announced with a trailer. 

belaraphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By belaraphon

its never coming out dude. there will always be setbacks and cancellations. its a damn shame because duke was a good time.

Avatar image for phaggybignastymckill
    PhaggyBigNastyMcKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the world will end before duke nukem forever gets released

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By cstrang
    @PhaggyBigNastyMcKill said:
    " the world will end before duke nukem forever gets released "
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By scarace360

i still have some hope that some one some were like down in a basement some guy who used to work at 3d relms stole all the source code and art and shit and is now making the game i can only hope that this is what happened.
    Also are we just talking about "forever" or are we talking about any duke nukem game cause then i think one can come out in like 2013 maybe??
    All we can do is hope now and pray that modders are working on it.

354wcww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By 354wcww
    @PhaggyBigNastyMcKill said:
    "the world will end before duke nukem forever gets released "

I seriously doubt this, since a game was promised by appogee studios to 2K Games, if 3D realms were to go shutdown most likely the possession of the IP would be obtained by 2K. And 2K would release the game, or another Duke Game.  Also, since 2K is on verge of Bankruptcy, having to claim money from the government im sure they will be keen to get the game out within the following years. Also these guys want to keep their jobs and its not like they dont want to release Duke, they just want the game to be great.  

But its clear you have lost hope! I shale still believe, and i will pray this next announcement will be the game! 

But i will admit, if the world does end in 2012 there may be a chance that the world will end before duke.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pause422

I wouldnt call it hope at this point, but I stopped caring entirely several years ago. If it ever comes out, it wont be anything amazing because as longs as its been in development, there is no way it can live up to any kind of expectations like that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.