Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Apr 23, 2013

A re-release of Dragon's Dogma, Dark Arisen includes a new high level area with new monsters and quests from the original, as well as a handful of refinements to the original game.

Pawns - Need Some Pointers

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

I'm level 21 now, and I feel like I don't quite understand the whole pawn thing yet. Everytime I find a rift stone, and I've gained a couple of levels, I'll replace my pawns with new pawns. I'm always summoning pawns of equal level to my own, though the game always tries to push ridiculously overpowered pawns on me, that are at like triple my current level. Naturally I assume that's not the right thing to do.

On the other hand, I'm gathering some kind of currency, which some pawns require as payment for their services. However, most don't. Even those that are way higher level than me. This wierds me out. I don't quite know what's expected of me. Especially since every now and then, there's just ludicrously slow to kill monsters, that I'm wittling down in what feels like an eternity.

• Am I meant to hire much higher level pawns than myself? The stronger the better?
    • Is there any downsides to such a thing?
    • Is that the way its meant to be played, or are the über-pawns that are working for free a bug?

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

You do not have to pay a fee if the people are on your friends list. And hiring high level pawns just makes the game easier at points.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

The best I can tell, those much higher-level "free" pawns are from your friends list. At least, that's what I've come to believe. There really isn't any penalty to hiring one of them, unless you don't want to make your game a bit easier with one. I managed to get a free 100 pawn my first time through, and it definitely lessened the challenge a bit. My second playthrough, I avoided them, even when they were offered.

So, no penalties, unless you are too prideful to accept the help. I do suggest hiring them a bit higher than your level when you can afford it, if only to minimize the number of times you have to switch them out.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.