Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Quest

Franchise »

The Dragon Quest franchise is best described as Japan's most popular RPG franchise, responsible for launching the console RPG industry. It remains immensely popular in Japan. On May 25, 2011, Dragon Quest celebrated its 25th Anniversary.

Dragon Quest 30th Anniversary Project Presentation

jpon87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I haven't seen much talk here about this here but I'm excited to see what they have to show off! I can't wait for DQVII and DQVIII to come to 3DS this year and a remaster/port of DQVII is long overdue(except hopefully they changed it a bit to pick up the pacing)! More than any of these, I'm excited for Dragon Quest Builders! I really hope they have an English release for it. If not I'm willing to import it and struggle through the Kanji. Here's the link for the presentation:

Anyone else excited? I figure this will be a good place for comments/reactions to the presentation as well!

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Yeah I am! Been a really long time since I've gotten a chance to play a new DQ mainline entry I'm excited about

Was pretty bummed to hear DQ Builders will be deliberately incompatible with the PS TV, but I guess that unfortunately makes a lot of financial sense.

jpon87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad someone else is! As long as I can reasonably play through DQ Builders in Japanese I won't mind too much. Would still flip out if it were getting an English release!

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#4 riostarwind  Moderator

Dragon Quest Heroes actually revitalized my interest in this series. It may just be a spin off title but I have enjoyed traditional DQ games before too like DQ 1 & 2. So I'm at least a little bit excited to see what they plan on showing in a few hours.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man DQ music makes the best dead air time filler

@jpon87 said:

I'm glad someone else is! As long as I can reasonably play through DQ Builders in Japanese I won't mind too much. Would still flip out if it were getting an English release!

Yeah , I'm super curious to see what that's like. It's such a neat premise, you never see the heroes of a JRPg get to do anything other than go on a quest save a world. Rebuilding one a ravaged world sounds surprisingly novel, and is a brilliant narrative conceit for a minecraft type game.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that was underwhelming.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By newmoneytrash
    jpon87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah that was not that great at all. Really sad. There's a decent Kotaku article summing it up. Here's some of the highlights from that article:

"Square Enix did announce the demo date for Dragon Quest Builders (January 22, heh), that DQ is getting a real-life locked-room style escape game, a kiddy card battle arcade game, and Dragon Quest Heroes II’s release date, which is May 27 of this year. May 27 is also when the first Dragon Quest game went on sale in Japan."

"Universal Studios will be getting some sort of Dragon Quest collaboration... Further details will be announced at a later date.Other announcements included a temporary Dragon Quest museum opening in Shibuya until this fall."

Horii also shared his vacation photos at Universal apparently. He also said he would like to release DQXI this year on it's anniversary but didn't promise anything. Apparently Japanese fans were extremely upset and let down. I am too...

jpon87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag said:

Man DQ music makes the best dead air time filler

Perfect for that press conference am I right?

@slag said:

Yeah , I'm super curious to see what that's like. It's such a neat premise, you never see the heroes of a JRPg get to do anything other than go on a quest save a world. Rebuilding one a ravaged world sounds surprisingly novel, and is a brilliant narrative conceit for a minecraft type game.

Yeah and from what I hear they did much more work than just riff on Minecraft. I can't wait to see what comes from the full release. Looks like if anyone wants to play it they'll be playing in Japanese unless they surprise us at E3 this year...

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tajasaurus: basically nothing

Besides reiterating what we already knew about japanese release dates of upcoming Dq games (Builders, Heroes 2 and Joker 3), More or less semi-officially delayed DQ Xi to at least 5/27/17, announced a bunch of wacky DQ live events in Japan and showed a picture Horii on vacation at Universal Studios. Also Horii had a jacket with ridiculous zippers

That's about it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.