Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Jan 16, 2020

An action RPG that chronicles the entire Dragon Ball Z storyline.

New DBZ Project

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

A shame they cut away from Krillin getting exploded.

Looks cool, and I guess focusing on DBZ storylines maximizes the nostalgia factor. I'll definitely be keeping tabs on this to see if the "RPG" parts are actually well thought-out.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that's a bunch of scenes and not really any idea of what the game will be like but whatever I'll keep track of a DBZ RPG anyway.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Still not completely sure what this is yet, but if it is what it seems like it might be (an openish-world action game), I think focusing on the events of the original Dragonball would be more interesting; at least for me. Haven't all the Z sagas been done to fucking death by now? That period in the story would also be more conducive to roaming about.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks nice but if it plays like a fighting game, then I am out. Hope they do a turn based fighting system.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With World Seeker almost done I wouldn't be surprised if this used the same engine . Hard to say for sure what it is at this point though. I hope they have super stuff in there too. Its been a little while since we have done the Z story but also come on on how many times we gonna do that.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BrainScratch

Let's kill Raditz and re-tell the whole Saiyan and Freeza sagas for the 495th time, because doing that in all the other Dragon Ball games that came out in the past 20 years apparently wasn't enough.

Speaking of things done in all previous Dragon Ball games, looks like this is going to be another Dragon Ball game with ugly graphics, as it is tradition. I really don't get why they keep doing the shinny half 3D looking half cell-shaded characters on semi-realistic 3D backgrounds, it just looks so weird and uninteresting and makes the characters look out of place. Wish they did something visually closer to Dragon Quest XI, that game figured out how to make Toriyama's style look interesting in 3D. Or just do the visuals like FighterZ.

What a shame... I was hoping they would do some sort of interesting new story based on the Dragon Ball world with better visuals, but I guess this still isn't it. Either way, I'm still curious to see how the final game will be.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@relkin said:

Still not completely sure what this is yet, but if it is what it seems like it might be (an openish-world action game), I think focusing on the events of the original Dragonball would be more interesting; at least for me. Haven't all the Z sagas been done to fucking death by now? That period in the story would also be more conducive to roaming about.

With you 100%

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When they were talking about a new action RPG following Goku's story, I was convinced it was going to be a Dragon Ball RPG and got super excited.

But no, just Z again and maybe not even all of it. Sigh.

Original Dragon Ball is best Dragon Ball, people!

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#10  Edited By liquiddragon

Still waiting on a character action DBZ by Platinum...

It makes too much sense. Why hasn’t it happened?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.