Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 25, 2016

A second time-traveling romp through the Dragon Ball series.

Holy transformations Batman!

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By FLStyle
    • Saiyans - 3 versions of Super Saiyan. The physical attack increasing SSJ1, SSJ2 and SSJ3. The ki blast attack increasing Super Vegeta and Super Vegeta 2. And new to this game, Future Super Saiyan, which increases ki regeneration.
    • Humans - Nimbus cloud and power pole
    • Buus/Majins - Kid Buu (I would've preferred a Super Buu transformation)
    • Freiza race (frost demons in some media) - Golden form
    • Namekians - Giants

All races have access to Potential Unlocked and Kaio-Ken.

As a 7 foot namekian player from the first game I'm rather happy with my transformation for the next game, feel a bit sorry for humans, would've been better off with Tien's multi-form technique.

Mira and Towa look like to be the main antagonists, they've brought the Time Breaker concept over from Dragon Ball Online and Dragon Ball Heroes, DBH's Time Breaker Bardock can be seen in this trailer.

As a fan of the android saga, Imperfect Cell, Piccolo + Kami and android 16 I'm glad to see they've added some of that.

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cornfed40

I mean, I was a fan of the first Xenoverse. But seriously, how freaking many of these DBZ games can they possibly make? How can people beat up Frieza on an exploding planet 27 times and not get a little bit tired of this?

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I mean, I was a fan of the first Xenoverse. But seriously, how freaking many of these DBZ games can they possibly make? How can people beat up Frieza on an exploding planet 27 times and not get a little bit tired of this?

Honestly, it's more a function of execution than anything else. Xenoverse was rad because it was exactly the kind of weird subversion of the traditional Dragonball game concept you described. It was more Destiny than Budokai/Tenkaichi.

Really looking forward to this.

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inevpatoria: I totally agree. But now they've just.......done that again? Idk, obviously the series has its die-hards and this will probably sell just fine. But, like, don't these games make enough money to hire a writer to just actually make a NEW story to play around in?

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By monetarydread

@cornfed40:The first game did just that. Sure there was a lot of old storylines, but they were were approached from a different perspective than normal and they were combined with a majority of new stories. IF I remember correctly, the whole point of the first one was you jumping through different dimensions / timelines to fight against those who are trying to manipulate time / dimensions to alter the past.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Pleasantly surprised by Xenoverse 1. Not sure how much better this one is going to be , but i'm casually optimistic.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Looks cool. Excited to see how they improve the hub stuff. Transformations for non-saiyans are also very welcome. A bit sad Majin are stuck with "Kid Buu", but I guess there's not much else you can give em without going completely crazy with it. I'm excited!

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheBlue

I love the idea of all these transformations but yeah, the kid buu one falls kind of flat. I think it would've been cool to see a Kirby-like power absorption a la Super Buu, changing appearance and powers and whatnot.

I for one skipped nearly all Dragon Ball games before Xenoverse and I didn't even play Xenoverse until it was on sale recently. As a huge Dragon Ball fan, I was pleasantly surprised with how well done Xenoverse was and how much I ended up enjoying it. So while they may rehash the same stories over and over, I doubt that all fans are playing all of these games to begin with.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@inevpatoria: I totally agree. But now they've just.......done that again? Idk, obviously the series has its die-hards and this will probably sell just fine. But, like, don't these games make enough money to hire a writer to just actually make a NEW story to play around in?

I do think they could do something new but hey this is Dragon Ball we're talking here. I do think there's a lot of room for them to expand on the Xenoverse idea. As someone who doesn't bother with most Dragon Ball games I'm game for this.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

At the risk of sounding obnoxiously snarky, people are capable of doing things they enjoy multiple times. Novelty is not the end all be all of all entertainment.

AlvaroFAraujo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SO the real question is : In which platform are you going to buy/play this on

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I know I wont play this kind of game on PC, but I kinda want a current Gen console now to get my Dragonball fix. Do they have any Dragonball Super in these games? like Super Saiyan God Saiyan God Super God Saiyan Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan or similar?

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@rigas said:

I know I wont play this kind of game on PC, but I kinda want a current Gen console now to get my Dragonball fix. Do they have any Dragonball Super in these games? like Super Saiyan God Saiyan God Super God Saiyan Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan or similar?

Loading Video...

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

@turambar said:
    @cornfed40 said:

At the risk of sounding obnoxiously snarky, people are capable of doing things they enjoy multiple times. Novelty is not the end all be all of all entertainment.

Everyone's talking about doing something new, so few are talking about doing something WELL.

That aside: I loved what Xenoverse did in essentially asking "How would all these famous DBZ moments play out if they villains just DID NOT GIVE A FUUUUUUUUCK? Napa and Vegeta? A dozen saibamen, then both go immediately Oozaru. Freeza? Fuck transforming: instantly 4th form (which, I know, was most likely a corner-cut so they wouldn't have to let Freeza races transform), and, my personal favorite: what if a jacked up Hercule beat the SHIT out of Goku?

From what I've seen of the trailers/gameplay (Team Four Star did a 4 hour beta play), it looks like it's a lot more "villain gets powered up" and a lot less "what-if?" stuff, which is a LITTLE disappointing, but it looks like they've changed enough and improved enough to bring me back for another go-around.

PhilOsyfee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PhilOsyfee

@undeadpool: It's mainly the reason I'm more interested in playing Dragon Ball Fusions on the 3DS. First off it's an RPG, but mostly it's the fresh take on the multiple series.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.