Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Doom Resurrection

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jun 26, 2009

Doom Resurrection is an on rails 3D shooter for the iPhone and iPod Touch which uses assets from Doom 3

Doom Resurrected On The iPhone Today

• 53 results
    Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Krakn3Dfx
    @sinning said:
    " @Krakn3Dfx: Have you played it?  It seems like you just watched the video and drew a conclusion.  That's a poor way to pass judgement.  Granted, it should have a lite version for people to try, but I think you'll find it's a great game. "
    I've played enough iPhone games to know that no matter how amazing it is, $10 is too much money for it.  Plus, again, it's just hard to look at, character textures and animations are horrible, and then they turn it into a rail shooter to boot?  And then you have Carmack deflecting the "rail shooter" genre definition when that's exactly what it is.

I'm glad you like it, but it seems like a $4-$5 title at best, and I'm not going to pay $10 just to find out I'm right.
    Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Krakn3Dfx
    @SaucySala said:
    " This doesn't look so hot... "
    This looks like the opposite of hot.

This has Todd Hollenshead written all over it though.
    Avatar image for nihilisticmonkey
    nihilisticmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By nihilisticmonkey

Bought this. Like it.

Story doesn't take itself too seriously (kind of takes the piss out of Doom as a whole), little Robot Dude is the most emotive character ever linked with an ID game.

Frame rate is fine on my 3G, takes a while to load, but once in, it's smooth.

Motion control is a bit sucky in places, seems hard to aim up and down, and left to right works better steering like a wheel then tilting left & right.

Graphics are quite good. A lot darker than all these videos that've been released. Imagine Doom3 on a PSP, and it's kinda similar.

Not for all, but for a quick blast, I quite like it, and Carmacks stance on the iphone as a gaming platform.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.