Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Discworld

Location » linked to 3 games

Fictional location from Terry Pratchett's books.

Discworld Games - Want to play again

kilroyandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kilroyandy

Hi all,

I'm currently re-reading the Discworld series (I bought a Kindle and thought it was time to Digitise my Pratchett consumption.

Through reading Guards! Guards! it reminded me of the Discworld point and click games published by Psygnosis and I went hunting on GOG and Steam to no joy.

So....anyone know where I can play through these gems again? 1, 2 and Noir I'm after :) (all of them I guess ha)

Cheers

A

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
    deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Discworld 1 and 2 are compatible with the ScummVM software. But I don't know of any digital services selling the game. PS1 version would probably be your best bet.

Be warned though, Discworld 1 is literal pixel hunting hell. 2 probably is as well though I've never really played it.

kilroyandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kilroyandy

@magmamud: It's cool i've played through them before. The end of the game is a nightmare from memory, literally taking the "combine this with that" to it's n'th degree!!!

Yeah I guess I need to look into ROM's and that, was hoping I'd be able to buy with going DARK ha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kilroyandy said:

@magmamud: It's cool i've played through them before. The end of the game is a nightmare from memory, literally taking the "combine this with that" to it's n'th degree!!!

Yeah I guess I need to look into ROM's and that, was hoping I'd be able to buy with going DARK ha

Ah, gotcha. I missed that part of your post. Yeah I didn't get very far in the first game myself because of constantly getting stuck and trying everything with everything until giving up. But I remember it being pretty funny and I've only read one Discworld book (The first I think?)

It's a shame so many older DOS games are so hard to legally obtain nowadays.
    EDIT: Well, there are auction sites for buying a lot of them, but some can be pretty expensive..

kilroyandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magmamud: Well, I'm biased but I'd seriously recommend reading more ha! It's just so nice to know that fantasy books can be funny, not just bogged down in lore and 1000's of years of suffering etc ... yawn. I guess if anything they are satirical and mirror our own world in some way. I love them. They have trolls that are Lawyers, and really good at it too!

Yeah it sucks that I ave to go hunting. Plus i've just switched to a Mac which makes finding anything that works a 100 times harder ha!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kilroyandy: Discworld is probably the series I would go to if I felt inclined to read some fantasy, but I don't read much and when I do I'm mostly interested in nonfiction.

Perhaps you already know of it, but there is a text-based MMO, or MUD, that is based on the Discworld books. I think it is still fairly active, it used to be a popular MUD. http://discworld.starturtle.net

If you're into that sort of thing. I don't know how many people still play MUD's..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.