Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diary

Object » linked to 125 games

A daily record that consists of written (personal) experiences and observations.

<Day3>- Kpop

AkumaXxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By AkumaXxX

Okay so I was having my morning beer coffee as always and I listened to some 2011 Kpops on Youtube.

Now there are a lot of good Kpops that include awesome performances and hardcore coreography(ies?) but SOMEONE has to comment on excessive(?) amoount of use of the theme "love" in them.

I mean.. WOW. It's so hard to find the songs which are not about love..haha Almost all of the tv shows and musics that are made in Korea are about love or hatred (between lovers). I really wish they give some break and go with other new! fresh! topics.

As a korean who grew up and went to schools in Korea, I understand why is that (because that's the only thing that drew audiences and listeners at least in Korea.. or maybe Asia? I don't know.) but I have always thought we needed some change.

HOWEVER,

Kpop is great. Look at those cute/ sexy/ pretty idols! ha..ha..ha.

There are many idol groups that look promising (for at least next 2 years or so) , for example: B2ST, Infinite, Teen Top, Spica (they don't look idol-ish), Secret..

I will link some of their performances here. Enjoy!

<- Infinite - Paradise

<- Secret - Talk That

<- B2ST - Midnight / Beautiful Night

AkumaXxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AkumaXxX

Okay so I was having my morning beer coffee as always and I listened to some 2011 Kpops on Youtube.

Now there are a lot of good Kpops that include awesome performances and hardcore coreography(ies?) but SOMEONE has to comment on excessive(?) amoount of use of the theme "love" in them.

I mean.. WOW. It's so hard to find the songs which are not about love..haha Almost all of the tv shows and musics that are made in Korea are about love or hatred (between lovers). I really wish they give some break and go with other new! fresh! topics.

As a korean who grew up and went to schools in Korea, I understand why is that (because that's the only thing that drew audiences and listeners at least in Korea.. or maybe Asia? I don't know.) but I have always thought we needed some change.

HOWEVER,

Kpop is great. Look at those cute/ sexy/ pretty idols! ha..ha..ha.

There are many idol groups that look promising (for at least next 2 years or so) , for example: B2ST, Infinite, Teen Top, Spica (they don't look idol-ish), Secret..

I will link some of their performances here. Enjoy!

<- Infinite - Paradise

<- Secret - Talk That

<- B2ST - Midnight / Beautiful Night

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ravenlight

J-Pop > K-Pop

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3  Edited By zyn

+1 for Secret.

@Ravenlight said:

J-Pop > K-Pop

Yes sir!

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#4  Edited By StarvingGamer

All songs ever are about love. Ever. All of them. Especially the pop ones. That being said, Fake C-Pop > All.

I am seriously so mad that this is not a real person and I cannot listen to more of her songs. I've fallen down a real dark hole with this one to the point where I am now bugging the composer on Facebook for any information he can give me. Did Lucy Liu sing this song? Did she sing "Fly"? Was it someone else? I NEED TO KNOW.

EDIT: I am also mad that there is no fake music video to go along with this fake song. MAD I SAY.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ravenlight

@StarvingGamer said:

All songs ever are about love. Ever. All of them. Especially the pop ones. That being said, Fake C-Pop > All.

I am seriously so mad that this is not a real person and I cannot listen to more of her songs. I've fallen down a real dark hole with this one to the point where I am now bugging the composer on Facebook for any information he can give me. Did Lucy Liu sing this song? Did she sing "Fly"? Was it someone else? I NEED TO KNOW.

EDIT: I am also mad that there is no fake music video to go along with this fake song. MAD I SAY.

That song infected my brain too! Is it seriously just completely made up for Sleeping Dogs?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By StarvingGamer

@Ravenlight: As far as I can tell, yes. It was composed and produced by Nathan Wang, an incredibly prolific musician who does work in every form of entertainment you can think of. If I had to guess, the two songs credited to Vivienne Lu were performed by a few strong studio singers he works with. I actually tracked him down to his Facebook page this morning and asked him about it. I hope he answers. I don't even like pop music. I don't know why I'm so obsessed with this song. I spent like 2 hours pulling various MP3's off of Youtube and cutting them to make it into a ringtone last night. Then I had to figure out how to put a custom ringtone on my Droid 4 which was a task in and of itself.

I NEED TO KNOW.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Kpop is amazing, yes. Jpop sucks.

But I am seriously disappointed that Yellow Fever isn't a real thing by a real singer :(

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ravenlight

@StarvingGamer said:

Is... is it cool if you throw that ringtone up on Mediafire or somewhere?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By StarvingGamer

@Ravenlight: I'll try to remember to do something to that effect. I probably won't be home in a position to do so until late tonight though. Feel free to bug me with a PM or something in case I forget because I am a bit of an airhead sometimes.

EDIT: Actually I think I way undershot the length so I'll have to reedit it. I have no idea how long a ringtone is supposed to be.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ravenlight

@StarvingGamer:

You get a follow for being a cool dude.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By McGhee

@Ravenlight said:

J-Pop > K-Pop

JPop hasn't been great since the death of Shibuya kei

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By McGhee

@AkumaXxX: For Kpop mostly not about love, I go for Sunny Hill. One of the best out there and criminally underrated.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Klei

Holy cow what have I stumbled upon.

*slowly backs away from thread*

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.