Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo II: Resurrected

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Sep 23, 2021

Diablo II: Resurrected is a remastered compilation of the original Diablo II and its expansion, Lord of Destruction.

Diablo 2 Resurrected on Switch/Console

trh5001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By trh5001

Man where to even begin with this. I am aying on switch but I think most of these issues apply to all console versions.

How did they botch this so badly.

Consistent frame rate drops on switch

Only 4 people partys on switch

No way to implement some of the pc features like /players 8 makes farming less productive than the pc version

Match making is horrible due to the lack of a lobby/the ability to see what games you can join.

The inventory managemen6 is atrocious. Cant auto fill tomes, need to drag a cursor over every individual item which takes for ever when trying to refill your belt at a vendor or after a death.

Trying to deposit gold in your stash takes forever. Already have 2,488,881 in your stash page and want to deposit some of the 200,000 in your inventory better sit still and wait for that counter to trickle down from the max since you cant type in the amount and the game wont fill it to max automatically.

This could have been fantastic and instead it feels lile the bare minimum was done to try and make some quick $ because Diablo 4 is likely going to end up gettimg delayed again and Blizzard needed to try and get a win fast. Game should have been held back for 6 months to a year at least.

That being said im still something like 25 hrs in and just picked it up 4 days ago...

Edited to add in that if I am missing how to do any of these things on the console/switch versions let me know.

Primworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So as far as the belt goes, you can highlight an empty spot in your belt and hold the right stick to fill it from your inventory, but I don't know if you can do any of the tricks from the PC version of auto filling tombs and your belt directly from the shops, I haven't found a way to do that at all.

For the stash I did have it set it to max for me, but I only have 47k so I'm not sure if that is much help, might be acting different at the higher amounts.

Not much help I know, but wanted to add in my experience for the console versions. A tip for those starting out, change the attack button off of whatever your pickup item button is (A or X depending on console). This will stop the accidental pickup of junk when you're mashing the button to kill something.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm on PS5 and it seems . . . fine? The frame rate issues must only be on Switch because it's been a locked 60 for me the entire time.

I don't disagree that some of the interface stuff isn't well implemented. As @primworm said, take your attack button off of X to avoid picking up a ton of junk. It was a bad design choice to put loot and attack on the same button by default, but at least you can change it. It's also obnoxious that the inventory takes up the whole screen on consoles when the game doesn't pause. However, the thing that's annoying me the most is that I need to hold square to transfer items while a tap just drops the item, and there doesn't appear to be an option to change it. It should be the other way around, since I usually want to quickly transfer items back and forth to my stash and/or cube, but instead I need to hold the button for each item.

As far as tomes go - there kind of isn't a practical use for them? Unless you need the Portal Tome to do the Cow Level - you only need 1 Portal at a time to get back to town and Cain will identify items. There's no reason to really have tomes in your inventory.

For potions - maybe that's some weird interface option? My belts fill automatically when I pick up potions and it will generally match the type that's already on the hotkey. If the belt is empty, it pulls directly from my inventory. I wouldn't mind a little more granularity and control over prioritizing what potions go where and what strength they are, but I haven't found it to be a major annoyance.

You can also use the arrow keys at a vendor or in your inventory to move between items directly rather than using the stupid Destiny-style cursor. It's slightly faster.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Efesell

It seems fine on PS5. At least in HOW it plays.

I’m pretty down on it in general though. There’s nothing quite like a too faithful remaster to demonstrate how the genre has moved on.

Primworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As far as tomes go - there kind of isn't a practical use for them? Unless you need the Portal Tome to do the Cow Level - you only need 1 Portal at a time to get back to town and Cain will identify items. There's no reason to really have tomes in your inventory.

I personally always keep a set of both on me, because eventually I hit that point where I'm dropping yellows I don't want & don't even want to waste the time selling them or going back to town to find out. I don't know if that will hold true in the remaster, but I'm guessing it will. Just my two cents on keeping/using them. I usually just throw them in the cube which I always carry on me.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: I dunno. I'm really enjoying it. I mean, there are QoL things that other games have done better since, but it's been 20+ years and I'm still finding the gameplay loop more satisfying than 90% of the games in the genre since then.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@therealturk: Most of my time playing it was spent wondering when Path of Exile 2 was coming out, to be honest.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By ajamafalous
    @efesell said:

@therealturk: Most of my time playing it was spent wondering when Path of Exile 2 was coming out, to be honest.

I think you can pretty clearly demarcate the different games in the genre based on what you want out of them.

I have played over 1000 hours of PoE, over 1100 hours of D3, well over 3000-4000 hours of D2, and hundreds of hours of various other games (Titan Quest, Grim Dawn, Last Epoch, etc.) in the genre. Each of the main three games does certain things better than the others.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.