Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

Which ending did you like better: the original or the director's cut?

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

Edited By Jeust

Poll Which ending did you like better: the original or the director's cut? (46 votes)

Original 20%
    Director's Cut 15%
    Show me the results! 65%

Which ending to Deadly Premonition you prefer?

• 
    TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

#1  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

The original by far. I liked the nature of York being left up to the player, and took him to be purely a product of Zach's mind. The opposite of Zach in almost every way, York's abrasive, blunt personality would stop anybody from getting close to him and thus prevent himself from being hurt by loss like he experienced with the death of his parents. The Director's Cut ending makes York into some alien or greater being or something and I hate it.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@taku128 said:

The original by far. I liked the nature of York being left up to the player, and took him to be purely a product of Zach's mind. The opposite of Zach in almost every way, York's abrasive and blunt personality would stop anybody from getting close to him and thus prevent himself from being hurt by loss like he experienced with the death of his parents. The Director's Cut ending makes York into some alien or greater being and I hate it.

Yeah, and it is too detailed. There is little left to interpretation, as well I don't think the added cutscenes are really necessary, as ending was already satisfying to me.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#3  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

@jeust said:

@taku128 said:

The original by far. I liked the nature of York being left up to the player, and took him to be purely a product of Zach's mind. The opposite of Zach in almost every way, York's abrasive and blunt personality would stop anybody from getting close to him and thus prevent himself from being hurt by loss like he experienced with the death of his parents. The Director's Cut ending makes York into some alien or greater being and I hate it.

Yeah, and it is too detailed. There is little left to interpretation, as well I don't think the added cutscenes are really necessary, as ending was already satisfying to me.

Yeah, definitely. I guess they had to make York some kind of being that can swap places with people instead of just psychological if they wanted to make a sequel, since without York you can't really have Deadly Premonition. I like the set-up for the sequel, old man Zach and York running around New Orleans, but adding it makes the original work weaker.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@taku128 said:

@jeust said:

@taku128 said:

Yeah, definitely. I guess they had to make York some kind of being that can swap places with people instead of just psychological if they wanted to make a sequel, since without York you can't really have Deadly Premonition. I like the set-up for the sequel, old man Zach and York running around New Orleans, but adding it makes the original work weaker.

Yeah, but I don't even see a coherent way of continuing the story... Maybe make York and Zach inhabit together another human being... But it's this a case of two is perfect and three is a crowd? ahah

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Grampa disappeared

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Wait what. The Directors cut ends differently? Can somone make a short synopsis of what's different? Spolier-tagged or whatever, I'm just curious.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jeust

@tobbrobb said:

Wait what. The Directors cut ends differently? Can somone make a short synopsis of what's different? Spolier-tagged or whatever, I'm just curious.

Loading Video...

The video starts at the end of the regular ending, after it comes new cutscenes. that wrap the story differently.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.