Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

Engineer Isaac Clarke battles a polymorphic virus-like alien infestation that turns human corpses into grotesque undead alien monsters called "Necromorphs" while trying to survive on board an infested interstellar mining ship named the USG Ishimura.

Stupid spinning asteroid (Chapter 7 I think?)

Artie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Artie

Hey guys,

I'm stuck on this stupid section of the mining level where there's this giant asteroid you have to stick a beacon two, and surrounding it is two giant spinning arcs or something. Point being, the animation takes too long to plant the beacon, and jump off, so I have to stop the arcs somehow, but I have no idea how.

What the hell do I do?

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Vinchenzo

Zero-G jump onto the asteroid and walk to the other side. There are more tethers, and that side is safe to place the beacon.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187

You don't have to stop the arcs.  After you kill the few enemies that show up, you are going to need to Zero-G jump up to the asteroid and walk through to the other side, which will be outer space (so you'll be using O2 tanks when needed).  There are two other tethers out there that you'll have to take out (and use stasis on them first, as they are spinning super fast).  When you get to the other side of this asteroid, there are no spinning arcs, but there are some of the ranged three-tentacle baby enemies out there lookin' to tear you a new one, so watch out for them.  Take out the tethers, plant the beacon, and walk back to the other side of the asteroid.

You just have to watch the pattern of the spinning arcs, and whenever you see an open space along the edge of the asteroid, it's safe to jump there and run through.  It takes a little bit of time.

Look on the bright side...at least you weren't like me right off the bat going "what the fuck are these big blue things spinning around?".  LOL  Took me a few dense minutes to realize, DERP, SHOOT THEM!
    Wolswor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Wolswor

I felt pretty stupid at this part...I couldn't figure out what to do then I just jumped onto the asteroid without noticing the rings moved...I got sliced into a lota tiny pieces.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187
    Wolswor said:
    "I felt pretty stupid at this part...I couldn't figure out what to do then I just jumped onto the asteroid without noticing the rings moved...I got sliced into a lota tiny pieces."
    Same here the first time I hit that part.  I won't lie...I died about 7 or 8 times at this part before figuring it out.  Sometimes, you just don't notice things like this at 3am.  lol
    Artie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By Artie

Alright, thanks guys it worked.

goarmy979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By goarmy979

i dont freakin get  it

baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By baller
    goarmy979 said:
    "i dont freakin get  it"
    jakob187 said:
    "You don't have to stop the arcs.  After you kill the few enemies that show up, you are going to need to Zero-G jump up to the asteroid and walk through to the other side, which will be outer space (so you'll be using O2 tanks when needed).  There are two other tethers out there that you'll have to take out (and use stasis on them first, as they are spinning super fast).  When you get to the other side of this asteroid, there are no spinning arcs, but there are some of the ranged three-tentacle baby enemies out there lookin' to tear you a new one, so watch out for them.  Take out the tethers, plant the beacon, and walk back to the other side of the asteroid.
    You just have to watch the pattern of the spinning arcs, and whenever you see an open space along the edge of the asteroid, it's safe to jump there and run through.  It takes a little bit of time.
    Have a great day!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.