Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

Engineer Isaac Clarke battles a polymorphic virus-like alien infestation that turns human corpses into grotesque undead alien monsters called "Necromorphs" while trying to survive on board an infested interstellar mining ship named the USG Ishimura.

Scariest Enemy in Dead Space?

• 85 results
    pandamonium22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By pandamonium22

@The_Icon said:

" It has to be the Regenrator, when being trapped in the same room as it early on. And later when u had to flee and move the shevles to block him. Heart pounding moment in game!"

Oh God, I remember that part! I was practically hyperventilating during that part of the game. I was so happy when that damn thing died lol.
    TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By TheFreeMan
    • Regenerator. When you face him again in the shelf room and you're trapped.....damn, I was freaking out since I was so low on ammo.
    • Dividers. The first time you encounter one right after it kills somebody.....sweet Mother Mary. I had little to no ammo left and I spent it on his face pretty much, not knowing his legs were the weak spot. I had to throw suitcases at him to give me enough time to get out of the room. Then when I finally did all I hear is creepy whale sounds.
    • Tentacles that come out of the walls. First time one grabbed me I didn't know you were supposed to shoot it. I was trying to break free and I was completely helpless.
    • Not so much scary or even jump-scary, but the screaming guys on the walls are mildly disturbing and his instant kill move made me go "what the fuck?".

Special mention (since it's not an enemy) goes to the opening. I really thought I had screwed up when the Necromorph almost broke into the elevator :l
    Vlademir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Vlademir

For me it's those really fast guys near the end of the game that just stand there twitching and then rush you at 10,000mph.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
    deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the one with too much free time 

RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By RipTheVeins
    @TEAMHOLT said:
    " Possibly, if not definitely used to be a child. No grown person could have little hands and feet like that. "
    this. I already have a phobia of newborns, don't ask, and these fuckers freak me out every time and I'll never be able to hold a child again without seeing this thing...
    Turtlefuzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56  Edited By Turtlefuzz

Does the Leviathan count?
    Cause that sucker made be crap my pants.

More than once.

I bought a new couch.

dunc12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By dunc12

yea i'd say the twitchy fuckers made me double take on a number of occasions, but the necro that can re-grow limbs wins for best panic moment

torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By torus
    @Icemael said:
    " They were children, it's even stated in one of the logs. They experimented on babies with the necrovirus, and those were the results. "
    You also first find them in a room filled with floating fetuses.
    Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Illmatic

The enemy that's stuck on the wall and basically amounts to a human with its stomach torn open and enemies pouring out of it. It reminds me of that one scene in The Mist where they find a man tied to a wall with a web who falls over and splits open to release a swarm of spiders. I'm not one to throw up during disgusting scenes but I came pretty damn close during that one and the first time I realized what those enemies on the walls were in Dead Space, I felt the same.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By amir90

The super fast marine enemies, but any monster that would suddenly make me jump from chair is quite scary, haha.

profanis756

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By profanis756

I would have to say those baby things, possibly the hyper soldiers.
    infamous247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By infamous247

the hive mind wasnt scary at all but the hunter freaked me out like hell if it catches you its game over slices off most of your limbs including your head
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#63  Edited By beargirl1

geez, all these new users bumping old threads :\ 

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#64  Edited By Whisperkill

ok honestly, Dead Space is not scary in the slightest, go play Condemned or Fatal Frame 2 if you want to be scared from a game.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#65  Edited By Jeust
    @Whisperkill said:

" ok honestly, Dead Space is not scary in the slightest, go play Condemned or Fatal Frame 2 if you want to be scared from a game. "

I felt the oposite. Fatal Frame 2's monsters were predictable and the atmosphere was a bit forced upon the player, while Condemned wasn't scary at all, just disturbing.

Of what i remember playing Dead Space, i have to say the ones that crawled out of the vents when you were least expecting were the worse.
    Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Whisperkill
    @Jeust: And how is Dead Space scary then?
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#67  Edited By beargirl1
    @Whisperkill said:
    " ok honestly, Dead Space is not scary in the slightest, go play Condemned or Fatal Frame 2 if you want to be scared from a game. "
    Condemned wasn't as scary as I thought it would be.. but holy fuck it was super disturbing. 
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Jeust
    @Whisperkill: 

Mostly by incorporating cinema tricks. 

While the sound on fatal frame 2 was always menacing, with little change of pace, on dead space the sound department follows the game pace, slowing down when there was no risk and accelerating when the action was pumping. 

Also the enemies appeared everywhere unannounced, differently from condemned, where many times the enemies before attacking you, they would sidestep you and look for any weapon with which to strike you, or just stand against a wall, waiting for you to appear at the side. The camera angle in many of these situations let you identify when the psico was behind the wall - not much fear there.

Also on Fatal Frame 2, the camera gameplay annoyed me much, because sometimes, when events didn't roll as planned, we would find ourselves short on camera film, with no way to stock it.
    Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Whisperkill
    @Jeust: 

Meh, I just dont get spooked by that stuff, Its great as an immersive quality of the game, but doesn't scare me. I'm more into the psychological mindfucks of japanese horror.
    Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#70  Edited By Red12b

Those ones which take your head off and supplement their own...    

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Jeust
    @Whisperkill: 

I prefer it too, but nowadays it's hard to find a game like that.

I hope Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is at least a bit disturbing.
    hellowill89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By hellowill89

The scariest part of this game is when I went to the store to buy it. this game sucked

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    @hellowill89 said:
    " The scariest part of this game is when I went to the store to buy it. this game sucked "
    Way to Fail.....
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those fucking invincible guys made me tense as hell. Figuring out how to kill them while running away, and battleing three other guys was the most terrifying moment in gaming I had this year.
    fishmicmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#75  Edited By fishmicmuffin

Scary factor: the black guys that took way too much abuse before they went down. Scariest parts of survival horror games for me are when you just CAN'T kill the enemies. 

In terms of annoying/frustrating factor, it goes to the exploding hand monsters. Can't tell you the number of times one just walked up behind me and killed me in a single hit.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By handlas

probably already mentioned but EASILY the guy that would keep regenerating.  The first time you run into him and have to run away through that area where you are having to move the walls out of the way = one of the most intense gaming moments I've had in awhile.  Heart was beating out of my chest.

traxzzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By traxzzx

i have a top 5

1.the regenerator  
    note: who can forget when they first killed this basterd and he regenerated yep it was priceless.

2. the divider  
    note: those things that look like they are made of tree branches or so.

3.the stasis slasher  
    note: they are creepy when you first see one and they are ten times more scary then the necromorph when they sneak up on you.

4. necromorph note: these things scare the hell out of me when they sneak up on me. 

5. infector 
     note: these things dint scare me it was what they could do and the sounds of them doing it that scared me

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @Vinchenzo said:
    " I was trying to find a picture but I couldn't. I think they begin appearing on chapter 9, but those tall lumbering guys that always seem to have a piece of ripped shirt on their shoulders. Then you shoot them and they break apart into small creatures similar to, what I perceive, as the flood from Halo. I don't know but they always appeared at the worst times and were quite creepy. Anyone find the other enemies scarier?P.S. If you can find a picture of what I'm talking about, go ahead and post it. "

No Caption Provided
    CharkeeFarlee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#79  Edited By CharkeeFarlee

I'm only on chapter 5 or so ...
    but the ones that regenerate make me shit bricks and they piss me off no end!
    But the little kiddie creatures? They're so cute yet oh so very WRONG at the very same time! 
    But the bat things are just ARGH 
    Whores....

wfolse1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#80  Edited By wfolse1
    @Vinchenzo said:
    " Yea Kendra said the super fast ones were fast because they fused with the built-in stasis that the soldiers had. Stasis slows things down, so why did it make them fast? "
    Well, Isaac may be moving slowly compared to them.  The standard necromorphs that get put into stasis probably perceive Isaac as moving very quickly.  
    AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By AngeTheDude
    @wfolse1 said:
    " @Vinchenzo said:
    " Yea Kendra said the super fast ones were fast because they fused with the built-in stasis that the soldiers had. Stasis slows things down, so why did it make them fast? "
    Well, Isaac may be moving slowly compared to them.  The standard necromorphs that get put into stasis probably perceive Isaac as moving very quickly.   "
    My mind = BLOWN 

The only enemy that scares me is the giant tenticle whenever it pops up. It always catches me off-guard and makes me jump.
    stoydell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By stoydell

The fat ones with the nibblers inside it. I'm usually fighting other necromorphs while these ones are coming at me, and I'm always tense so I accidentally shot their stomach.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ones that are slow moving and impossible to kill with only guns. I shit a ton of bricks when I first encountered one.
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#84  Edited By Geno

The ones stuck on the wall that lash out at you randomly. Or the weird "gloopy" ones that flip around on the ground. 

iGaboru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#85  Edited By iGaboru

Regenerator... I just wanted to sever his legs and stasis him to hell in order to escape!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.