Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

Engineer Isaac Clarke battles a polymorphic virus-like alien infestation that turns human corpses into grotesque undead alien monsters called "Necromorphs" while trying to survive on board an infested interstellar mining ship named the USG Ishimura.

Free Downloadable Space Suit, can I take it off?

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Bulldog19892

Every once and a while I go looking for free downloadable content, hoping that I can snag it before you're required to pay for it again. I saw that a different space suit (an "Elitie" suit) for Dead Space was free, so I downloaded it

I've rented the game. Apparently this different space suit is not optional. It replaces the original suit, and apparently gives you some kind of bonuses in-game. It looks bad, and I just want to play the game the way it's supposed to be played. Is there any way I can get rid of it?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Milkman

Nope. Once you buy it, you are stuck with it until you get the Military Suit, which is unlocked when you beat the game.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187

It's basically a way for the game to say "check it out, he's a cheater!".

LOL

Not really.  The free suit only gives you a 10% armor bonus, which is the same as...like...the Level 3 suit or whatever.  Therefore, it's not that big of a deal.  Besides, the Level 6 suit makes you look like the mixed offspring of a Thundercat and a Stormtrooper.
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Milkman
    jakob187 said:
    "It's basically a way for the game to say "check it out, he's a cheater!".
    LOL

Not really.  The free suit only gives you a 10% armor bonus, which is the same as...like...the Level 3 suit or whatever.  Therefore, it's not that big of a deal.  Besides, the Level 6 suit makes you look like the mixed offspring of a Thundercat and a Stormtrooper.
    "
    By level 6, do you mean the military suit or is there another suit upgrade that I don't know about?
    Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Psynapse

Noob question - When do you get the suit upgrades?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Milkman
    Psynapse said:
    "Noob question - When do you get the suit upgrades?"
    You find the schematics for the suit upgrades just around the ship, they are usually pretty obvious. And then you bring the schematic to the store and buy them.
    Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bulldog19892

Wow. That's shitty. Why would you make downloadable content, but not make it optional? Especially when it's something like this. It's bullshit.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Milkman
    Bulldog19892 said:
    "Wow. That's shitty. Why would you make downloadable content, but not make it optional? Especially when it's something like this. It's bullshit."
    Well, the thing is that the DLC suits are technically level 5 suits which the highest level suit in the game until you beat the game. So, the game figures if you have a level 5, why would you want to buy a lower level suit? Stupid, I know. However, it shouldn't be that much a problem. You'll get through the game just fine with that suit.
    Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bulldog19892

I just deleted the content from my hard drive. Problem solved. If I want it I'll just download it again. It's not like I'll have to pay for it. I've already downloaded it.

Avatar image for dark_spartan796
    Dark_Spartan796

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dark_Spartan796
    Bulldog19892 said:
    "I just deleted the content from my hard drive. Problem solved. If I want it I'll just download it again. It's not like I'll have to pay for it. I've already downloaded it."
    I tried doing that too. When I tried to load up another gamesave, it said I was missing required DLC. So I downloaded again, but at least I'm not wearing it anymore. The Scorpion suit is better anyway. :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.